Some 5 odd years later... TM M&P release date?

Starblade54

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because that hasn't been covered a million times. It's had one since Marui released the resin model! Get over it! At least its a bit different from the other two on the market, and its a nice addition, buy the other two if it really bugs you. 

True, it is at least present on the .45 nodels and can be added to the 9mm/.40/.357SIG ones so it isn't like the real one doesn't have it.

However once my pointless retailer money stealing scheme is sorted then I will buy one, either that or wait a few days after release and pick up one from the usual second hand sales using my usual defence (always seems to happen for TMs :P)

'FireKnife'

Because that hasn't been covered a million times. It's had one since Marui released the resin model! Get over it! At least its a bit different from the other two on the market, and its a nice addition, buy the other two if it really bugs you. 

Cool.  B)

I think I might wait for a UK dealer to get them in stock to be honest. Saves the hassle, they'll have them pretty soon after release anyway I would imagine! 

This coming from the man awaiting his near half price FNX-45 Tactical? :P

However I prefer to buy UK side anyway, all that 'supporting local business' and keeping 'UK people in jobs' what not.

'FireKnife'

This coming from the man awaiting his near half price FNX-45 Tactical? :P

However I prefer to buy UK side anyway, all that 'supporting local business' and keeping 'UK people in jobs' what not.

'FireKnife'

Haha very true, but will the Marui actually be cheaper after taxes in the UK? I got that FNX45 at a fantastic price, hence being worth an import. Marui pistols are under £150 here mostly. Why faff around with importing and lack of retailer support otherwise?

They also arrive in the UK pretty quick too, something I'm dubious of happening with the FNX after how long it took for the VFC M&Ps to hit our shores..  

That whole 'cheaper after taxes' thing just kinda gets me. It probably will be but you miss out on UK support for the item should it go wrong (unless you buy from Z1 or SAS), you are helping a UK business and often the difference in cost isn't that bad when you factor in you are likely to have it next day or the day after :).

Saying that given that the HK.45 only ran about £125-£130 I can't see this being much more than that. Plus it is a Marui, run em on Ultra and they never seem to die, well worth the extra :P.

But I do see your point with the FNX, at least Marui have that popular enough base to guarentee sales and thus they actually get imported in.

'FireKnife'

That whole 'cheaper after taxes' thing just kinda gets me. It probably will be but you miss out on UK support for the item should it go wrong (unless you buy from Z1 or SAS), you are helping a UK business and often the difference in cost isn't that bad when you factor in you are likely to have it next day or the day after :).

Saying that given that the HK.45 only ran about £125-£130 I can't see this being much more than that. Plus it is a Marui, run em on Ultra and they never seem to die, well worth the extra :P.

But I do see your point with the FNX, at least Marui have that popular enough base to guarentee sales and thus they actually get imported in.

'FireKnife'

Oh don't get me wrong if I could order from a UK supplier I would any day of the week. But some things are either out of stock or I'm just too impatient to wait for them to land over here. Occasionally I will import if it is a much bigger saving but youre right. Being backed from the retailer along with helping a UK business is the way to go in my books. On another note that I've actually had some good experiences with Z1 and returns as well as being helped with faulty products, must be the luck of the draw but I certainly wouldn't not purchase from them even if they are my last resort. 

FK, there is another SAS shop now Swindon Airsoft Supplies, not heard much about them but need to differentiate between them and Special Airsoft Supplies (Mark Wooley) of legend.

Jim

Totally forgot about this. Remember hearing it from someone I used to play with back in the south. How about we call them the 'good SAS' for now as I am sure people will immediately know who we are talking about :P.

Oh don't get me wrong if I could order from a UK supplier I would any day of the week. But some things are either out of stock or I'm just too impatient to wait for them to land over here. Occasionally I will import if it is a much bigger saving but youre right. Being backed from the retailer along with helping a UK business is the way to go in my books. On another note that I've actually had some good experiences with Z1 and returns as well as being helped with faulty products, must be the luck of the draw but I certainly wouldn't not purchase from them even if they are my last resort. 

Agreed, I can understand if the item is not in stock, not the model someone wants or is a pre-order but really given the meager savings some imports turn out to be I have kind of become a 'get it in the UK? then get it in the UK' kinda guy.

As for the actual pistol I am so psyched for this, then I can practice my pistol skillz using the same pistol that Costa and Haley used in the Magpul videos, awesome. (/sarcasm) :D But yes I do want one of these.

'FireKnife'

I can't pull off the SLJ voice and agreed, blackface is just wrong.

However the only other film loadout I can find is either Die Hard 5 or the remake of Total Recall, damn.

Still want one though, now to look at holsters.

'FireKnife'

Crw airsoft had them first for the WE.

I handled one at Red Wolf UK and was impressed with the slide quality, but not the WE.

Personally I'm just wary of putting metal slides on Marui, whatever mods you make performance is never as good.

The ace1arms for the WE was lighter than the original slide...

Double win

Archived