King Arms GBB M1 Carbine

renegadecow

I know this was mentioned in the past particularly in the KA GBB 1928 Thompson thread but there was nothing definitive about it other than showing mockups or prototypes in their office background. Then I stumbled across this fairly recent video while looking for Marushin CDX vids:

There's no mention of a green gas version and their CO2 mags seem to look exactly like Marushin's so could this be in some way a clone?

I remember seeing this a little back and upon initially spotting the video titles:   ER MA GERD

After watching:  Much disappoint

I've always been very much a non-fan of guns that require Co2 caps in the mags, but I was fully prepared to put up with it for a decent quality GBB M1.  Then the complete absence of recoil was made evident and all morale was thoroughly hoovered out of me.

Great to see it on the market of course, more options is always better than less.  Apart from anything it means there's sufficient interest which is great.  But in the form displayed here.. do not personally want.

The M14 at least had a massive op rod to throw around. But the lack of recoil isn't killing it for me as much as the fact that it's CO2. I don't mind less than spectacular recoil given what it is (like how the KJW 10/22 has little recoil) but I'd really rather use green gas in properly sized mags. Marushin made a gas version of their CDX and I'd have purchased one already if it hadn't been for all its mags disappearing plus they were the same odd shaped CO2 mags only with a fill valve for a bottom.

Have to agree, GBB M1 is something I have wanted for a while but knowing it is CO2 only by the looks of it, pass.

Wake me up when a GIM model is available that doesn't cost too much, have too low power or look to fragile comes out. In the mean time I might just go get a 10/22 in a wood stock and relieve the waiting.

'FireKnife'

I'm guessing they wanted to make sure the gun would run in the winter.

Again could be easily done on Green depending on the actions weight and gas usage. Not like the M1 Carbine mag is small if it holds 15 or 30 rounds of .30 Carbine, could easily have enough space for a good few shots.

Still I suppose the way to look at it is at least there is M1 Paratrooper model, something we haven't really had so far.

'FireKnife'

It wouldnt surprise me if Marusin Green gas mags would work in this, considering how similar the c02 mags look. It might be worth a try if one could be found used for a decent price once these come out.

Im just hoping it doesnt have the same problems as the marushin c02 version, which wasnt made nearly strong enough to withstand c02.

Derp, meant King Arms.

There's really very little documentation of the CDX but from what little I've gathered the biggest problem are some mags that eventually leak owing to the high pressure of CO2. The review on here even says the internal components are steel unlike its older gas incarnations which were known to be frail.

When I was working at a commercial tech shop I saw a few of them with busted internal parts, not just the mags, The marushins werent made well enough for the c02. I saw a few different parts broken and there wasnt a whole lot I could do about it. In the U.S., Marushin spare parts are about as common as hen's teeth.

• 11 months later...

Archived