RA Custom WE M4 AAC300 - CNC Forged

OriginUK

Slightly annoying that the guy shooting it was faking muzzle raise.... they also dropped it from a drone..

The only thing I spotted is that there is a typo in the marking, which according to RA-Tech's representative, was intentional due to legal reasons, which is "Lawrenceville" spelt as "Lawrencevelle".

Got to handle 2 receiver sets, and they're very nice.  Nice, thick anodizing, not type 3 though,  No wobble at all, though both the pivot and takedown pin need a hammer to remove.  Only bad things I can say about it is that on both, the rear lugs of the uppers look like they were drilled too small initially, then dremeled to size very roughly and that the buffer detent needs to be filed b/c the retainer bottoms out too early.

The only thing I spotted is that there is a typo in the marking, which according to RA-Tech's representative, was intentional due to legal reasons, which is "Lawrenceville" spelt as "Lawrencevelle".

Wait - so they're OK ripping off the AAC logo (trademarked), the Advanced Armament Corp. and Knight Arms Co. text (trademarked) and the flash hider and rail system (design copyrighted), but they can't reuse not-under-any-form-of-intellectual-property-protection-whatsoever name of the city where AAC are based for 'legal reasons'?

Wouldn't it be simpler to just fire the guy that made the typo, and maybe hire an English-language proofreader or something?

Good point.

Not a massive fan of the rail system tbh, but it's so much cheaper than buying it all separate, the CNC receiver and buffer tube alone would normally be $400.

Well hopefully in 1-2 weeks it'll be in my hand and I can take some proper photos/review.

I'm just amused at the lemmings who go "Full RA-TECH Custom WE am the bestest". Because, quite frankly, a lot of the parts they make are overpriced, overhyped, rubbish. Not *all* of it is rubbish, far from it, but there seems to be this myth that RA-Tech are the best. They simply aren't. 

There is a lot of choice out there for WE parts, which is part of the attraction. In my experience there is nothing wrong with any of the RA Tech parts (excluding the alu nozzle maybe), which all offer a nice reliability upgrade over stock.

The point of this rifle here is that it has those parts, WITH the new CNC forged receivers which are getting a lot of praise, and although you might be happy using the much lower quality stock receivers, for $640 shipped (with full RA tech internals), it seems like a no-brainer to me.

I'm just amused at the lemmings who go "Full RA-TECH Custom WE am the bestest". 

What? There's no myth... RA-Tech a lot of the time is the only 3rd party company that makes steel / aluminium replacement parts for certain products, so it's not the case of them making the best, it's the case of they are the only people making them, so there are often times no other alternatives, don't know who these lemmings you speak of are because they certainly aren't on this forum. 

If you're going to quote what I said, quote all of it.

Are there some parts that you can get solely from RA-Tech? Yes. But when it comes to FCG's I'll take two certain other manufacturers over them every time. The same for valve locks, firing pins, inner barrels. Don't get me started on hop-up rubbers, buffers, buffer springs either.

In fact, when it comes to the WE M4 design the only RA-Tech parts that I will use are the bolt, nozzle and NPAS. And I do some pretty heavy mods to the bolts, and don't use the stock springs that you'll find in an out of the box NPAS

This is en route from AST to me now, so since there are no decent reviews of the new forged stuff yet, I'll get the HD camera out when it arrives.

As for RA Tech over other steel parts, I've never once had an issue with any of them, except the aluminium nozzle, after 15,000+ rounds. I use only RAT except for the hammer which I replaced with the Hephasteus one, not due to malfunction, just because of reviews at the time.

I'm quite interested to see this gun, as they aren't starting from a stock WE base, it will have to be built in house by RA Tech. So it'll be interesting to see how well they test and put it together as well as the quality of the parts themselves.

I have worked on more WE guns then most, and I have seen a fair few RA-Tech parts, so trust me on this, RA-Tech have put their name on some of the worst ever sold in airsoft, they also make som nice stuff.

I had to fix a 416 full RA-Tech upgrade stright from RA-Tech them self, the firing pin arm spring was to hard and would open the valve, so RA-Tech replaced working WE parts with non working RA-Tech parts and shipped a non working gun.

Honestly, I got a COhi-capa with stainless slide and stainless frame, the RA-Tech stainless slide didn't fit the RA-Tech stainless frame, I don't mean it didn't fit like it was off by a few microns, it was off by a good millimeter, which, when you make something in stainless, is a serious birch to fix by hand, so I did... it took far longer than I had hoped, and got it working at the end. Was I happy with having to do that? No, it's freaking stupid, but is there anyone else making those things in stainless? Unfortunately no, so I was happy with the object I owned at the end, and a lot of the time that's why I still can't hate RA-Tech, because despite their lack of a proper QC, they keep bringing more things that no one else is doing, and often other companies start doing them essentially to compete with RA-Tech, which for me is all healthy for the airsoft market. 

I have worked on more WE guns then most, and I have seen a fair few RA-Tech parts, so trust me on this, RA-Tech have put their name on some of the worst ###### ever sold in airsoft, they also make som nice stuff.

I had to fix a 416 full RA-Tech upgrade stright from RA-Tech them self, the firing pin arm spring was to hard and would open the valve, so RA-Tech replaced working WE parts with non working RA-Tech parts and shipped a non working gun.

I find that to be true for their earlier stuff, but I have found their stuff has improved a lot over the last year. QC is better, but could still be improved. I find their problems are more with design

Archived