Kel-Tec Shotgun PROJECT

chas

Note that I capitalized the word PROJECT, in hopes of not getting people too excited ("too excited" is probably an understatement, though).

EBB front page features a picture of the RS gun and is asking for "Regional Exclusive Agents" to contact them. I assume they are looking for someone to sublicense to them?

I know that is weird for an ACM company to do. But if they are looking for someonr to just take pics an meassurements, why not get in tocuh with a private owner of such a gun?

Any ideas?

http://ebairsoft.com/

well, as far as I know, isn't it supposed to be a pump? I don't think the real one is a semi auto. Single shot would stink though, I think we can safely say with the past years worth of new shotguns that the single shot springer shotgun at least *should be* a thing of the past.

Does the add reffer specifically to the ksg or to ebairsoft? Seems that if it was specific to the gun they would have a lot more info and seems strange that they would just be for the gun and no other projects, not worth the paperwork realy. Maybe there looking to have stores more localy?

@Brigg, you are right, it is a pump only and I hope that whoever makes it doesn't make it single shot, will just be pointless. It'll be a case of, "look at this brand new ar, it functions just like the rest but now it has a new trigger!" Lame!

I'd settle for a spring tri shot, like TM but doubt it for the price madbull had advertised.

Well considering the tri-shot clones can be found for as low as $50 usd... if they pretty much just stick the same internals in and the rest are more or less a cosmetic shell with a few mod to the mechanism, I can see $100 being feasible, but then again you'd think they would charge more to begin with? 

The more i think about it the more I hope its a trishot clone with the ammo hidden in the piston grip in a 60 ish round mag, that would shift the workey bits forward enough to put a gas tank in the back.

However I suspect it'll be a single shot, and/or the $100 rrp will never be spoken of again...

blobface, on 12 Aug 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

Well considering the tri-shot clones can be found for as low as $50 usd... if they pretty much just stick the same internals in and the rest are more or less a cosmetic shell with a few mod to the mechanism, I can see $100 being feasible, but then again you'd think they would charge more to begin with? 

Exactly what I was going to say. Plus, the KSG is mostly plastic on the outside, so...

Post some pics, nothing on ebair-site or the madbull topic...

I hope to god that won't be a plastic tri-shot, there is a many problems in those as there is moving parts.

What we need is skirmishable metal made shotguns, if pump-action, preferably spring operated.

There's a dozen ways to do the tri-shot system better then the current tm-based carbage.

Gas has tendency to leak, wont work in the cold, pressure can change due to cooldown and lead to FPS loss or unstable hopup... Then theres gas aviability, price, its up to 30 euros a bottle here. 

Pros id say are merely lighter pump-action.

Gas has tendency to leak, wont work in the cold, pressure can change due to cooldown and lead to FPS loss or unstable hopup... Then theres gas aviability, price, its up to 30 euros a bottle here.

Finland is a pretty small country in the grand scheme of airsoft, I doubt any manufacturer will look at what people there need as a priority, if people in America and Asia don't suffer the same problems then I suspect you're out of luck getting what you want, unless you put the money in and do it yourself.

I find myself screaming "WHYYYY!!" quite often seeing the utterly stupid designs we have to spend too much money fixing so I'm quite used to disappointments by now.

Still I dare say a simple spring system would be easiest to design, upgrade and produce.

Once I'm a proper millionaire il design and build you guys more than just shotguns

I find myself screaming "WHYYYY!!" quite often seeing the utterly stupid designs we have to spend too much money fixing so I'm quite used to disappointments by now.

Still I dare say a simple spring system would be easiest to design, upgrade and produce.

Once I'm a proper millionaire il design and build you guys more than just shotguns

And  I still say green gas or c02 powered designs are still the most practical and skirmishable shotgun designs.

Spring powered pumps have horrible action tensions and are nearly unusable in a game. Theres no way around that without reducing the propulsion spring and therefor the fps (without reduction which would likely up the price). Im surprised though that incredibly simple c02 designs like the "Walther SG9000" never went anywhere considering the simplicity, and the 88 gram c02 tank.

In either case, I believe everyone will probably be disappointed by this new gun, because Im pessimistic about anything announced on a retail website with no manufacturer info. I dont have any new information, But I just get the feeling that its an old design in a new shell. Like all those useless G&Ps out there.

I have to disagree on the usability of pump actions.
I usually run one as primary, mostly on outdoor games, against aegs and I get several "kills" at ranges from 10 to 25 meters. It's just a question of getting in a little closer.
That said, due the simplicity of the design, I jump in the springer Kel-Tec wagon!

I've heard LOT of bad about the G&P:s but not so much about the original Mz-based models.

I can't deny it, they have their faults and that's using plastic. Ironicly the acm-clones fixed one major fault in the loading-nozzle by using metal.

I run M870 based on that mz-design and over the years I've CNC'd all the parts from steel making the gun virtually indestructible.

Cast aluminum would suffice in most parts and you still wouldn't be able to break it simply shooting it.

Sadly it only shoots one bb so it does indeed function more like a light sniper.

Shooting at 120m/s I can go toe-to-toe against any AEG knowing mine hits where I aim it. Also mine has MUCH lighter pump-action compared to say, tm or its clones.

Here's how I see this:

Tm-based tri-shot = worst case scenario, not gonna touch it with a stick. If cheap, may end up being popular

Mz-based 1shot = VERY good compromise, wont be a huge hit tho. Will be in my collection if full metal.

Multishot Gas system = popular, huge hit if good tech. Will be in my collection if full metal.

New spring multishot = if good tech, potential to revolutionize the whole class of guns... GIEF! NOW!

Archived