Im having the same issues.. Think it must be the hammer. I reinstalled everything and it was fine, went back to the UAC hammer and it was fine so assumed it was installation problems, after about 20 mags it's happening again..

Not sure what's happening but I will be investigating with UAC.

What I did notice when I installed UAC hammer the first time, is that it cannot rotate properly at a certain angle. It would bite onto the rode and have a lot of friction against it and it seems to get stuck near the sear. I'd take a picture, but Im too lazy to take apart the gun again :(. So Ill just illustrate for you

16884000426_e02da81c5c_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tokyo Marui M&P 9   Well its arrived. I've never done a review before so please bear with me and be gentle, I've tried to cover as much as I can but I'm sure I've missed something! This is just

Finally got my hands on my M&P9!   Box. Pretty.     Apparently it was FPS tested, not that I really care that much.     Not sure when TM started doing this, but keeps my precious safe.

Just finished this. Its running like train and looks fantastic. Detonator slide cerakoted McMillian Grey, Nebula Frame in Magpul OD, controls in Graphite Black.   

Posted Images

It's definitely not the detonator slide. Issue occurs with both the Nova slide and the stock Marui slide.

Cav - interesting discovery I'll take a look at mine and have a play around. Have you considered making modifications to see if you can make them work?

Well I thought about it. But most of my "modications" end up having me buy new parts :)

uscmCorps - No its not the slide. You can find video on YT of some fellow installing a 10-8. No problems as he had stock internals. It definitely is the UAC hammer!

Edited by cav.

I'm talking to UAC about it now.. hopefully I'll sort something.. at least theyre aware of it! 

Ohh ok. Think its a fitment issue. Probably need some sanding here and there :( But at the same time, the hammer does work with stock slide! The BBU does sit slightly lower in the front a bit as it doesnt fully level up like the rear, so the BBU is slightly slanted :(

Edited by cav.
  • 2 weeks later...

While impatiently waiting for a trigger to come out :whistling: , I decided to see if i could lighten the trigger pull a wee bit...

I paid a visit to my local arms dealer and returned home with laylax's M&P 9 hammer spring set.

In said package you get two main springs, one for summer and one for winter, but more importantly, a softer sear spring.

Replacing the sear spring took only around 10 min and the result was just great!

The trigger pull is now quite a bit lighter and really smooth and racking the slide is also much smoother :)

All in all a highly recommended upgrade!

Interesting. I've still made no headway with the UAC Hammer parts, seems to be quite unreliable works on and off. Not had a chance to reinstall the stock parts yet! 

I will try and sand down the UAC parts next week and will let you guys know!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So I've blown my slide off my frame on GG twice at a game now; guess it's time to invest in a metal slide.

Between Nova and Detonator, which company has the more drop-in slide upgrade?

My friend picked up the detonator 10-8 slide, was a drop-in fit, no problems.

Minor filling if you want super ultra slick, otherwise AFIAK he didn't do any.

@Cav

11087797_938121822872678_922025546050869

Edited by BioRage
  • Like 4

The pros and cons I see of either manufacturer based purely on online pics:

• Detonator seems to have a more realistic finish. The anodizing looks more satin and shiny like the RS' QPQ/Melonite finish. Nova's seems more matte.

• Detonator includes an internally reinforced slide lock section that won't wear out.

• Nova includes front and rear sights. Detonator includes no sights.

• Detonator is almost double the cost of the Nova.

• Like 3

Also don't forgot your slide will get all scratched up and *suitcase* from gaming eventually, aswell as Kydex + Metal slides = no bueno.

:P

I would go with the cheaper one and grab a threaded barrel :P But you could support Korea with going detonator, personal preference.

Delta got a good deal for $100 on the nova when they messed up the pricing,

Also nova has a 10-8 slide..

http://www.asiaairsoft.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=7005

Edited by BioRage
  • Like 1

My Detonator hasn't been bad at all with kydex so far. Been using it for a few months now quite regularly.. Not gone through to the metal just made the finish a bit shinier.. My kydex isnt overly tight though!

Edited by DeltaZero