KSC VZ61 and PM

renegadecow

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YUS FINALLY. I love my Maruzen but I'm hoping the KSC will be better engineered, mine always feels a bit ropey.

If my Maruzen didn't break a sear and mags proceed to disintegrate over time yeah I would've kept mine.

I feel like mine occasionally shoots a short burst if I'm rapidly shooting on semi, is that my sear wearing out?

Being better engineered is one way of looking at it. The other is being over engineered. The KSC sports a functional adjustable rate delayer which looks just about the same as the real steel mechanism. Problem is if the materials they'll use will take the abuse.

Also, and more importantly, where's my goddamn Makarov?!?

Yeah I saw that a while back...hopefully it can be disabled if it proves to cause problems. But overall it should be way better; decent hop, better materials (metal receiver) and ideally a better design too.

What's the 40 rd magazine going to be dya reckon?

That KSC skorpion looks plastic, look at the color difference between the receiver and the stock attatchment point. More then likely the Taiwan/kwa version will be metal with the KSC japan version being plastic. That makarov is definitely plastic as they had shown it already last year, and said it was plastic. So we might still have to wait for KWA to find they're own *albatross*. Maybe we should mail them two hands and a map.

Finally, a decent airsoft klob.

The Maruzen one is decent, availability has always been the issue though, particually with the mags but I suspect that is an issue the KSC/KWA version will suffer as well given that a lot of their stuff is out of stock for long periods regually.

How do people run VZ61s gear wise? They look fun but...impractical. Looks like you would need a Kydex drop leg mount kind of thing to utilize it as a secondary.

I've always used mine as a primary since mags were readily available when I bought it, there are Vz61 holsters around though but imo it's a tad big to be lugging around as a secondary.

Maruzen was plastic with a basically metal endo-skeleton, and as far as I could tell the Maruzen had the same hammers and trigger dimensions as the real steel, which was good for recreating parts.

But yeah while the VZ61 is good as basically a Mauser Schnellfeuer with a folding stock, it was never as usable as most SMGs/PDW.  Even as a squad leader weapon, I found that there just wasn't a sling mount to have it readily accessible, (holstered is not ready).  Slinging from the base of the grip is very unintuitive.  Its a better pistol than it is a SMG/PDW, but for quick reactive shooting like in IPSC/CQB skirmishes it just wasn't as good as a solid modern handgun, because of its blunt sights.

Not much in terms of tac gear, though pistol mags pouches would fit it, just nothing in terms of quick release weapons retention or aiming attachments.

TBH I am just happy its coming out.

Archived