TM Teasers September 2014

hitmanNo2

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HK45 Tactical = Yes, now to just get it with a black instead of Tan frame. Though good to see TM doing a threaded barrel on something, last gas pistol I recall that had one was the TM SOCOM and that's NBB.

So over all pleased that the USPc came out so quick and that it has the better internal slide stop unlike the stupid KSC/KWA ones that would shred the outer plastic slide plus a much better hop.

I'll give it two weeks after release for someone to stick a heavy can on the Hk45 Tactical then complain that it cycles slowly :P Not too sure about the looks of the suppressor they're showing with it though, I know some spacing is usually needed between the back the suppressor and slide so it doesn't hit the recoil spring guide but it seems a lot.

I'm also pleased to see TM do a USPc, I had a KSC USP .45 and USPc and both were pretty 'meh' on the performance front, I doubt it'll be long before an aftermarket P10 SD kit comes out for it, yum yum.

That is true, TM are just as bad but at least many of their modern models (about P226 / 1911 / Glock onwards) catch against at least some form of metal inner casing to make them reliable.

Sayng that I have even seen a KWA P10 version of the USPc clean sheer the little point that stick up on the slide catch so that it wouldn't work anymore but would still have the body of the bar pushed up when an empty mag was in it :P.

However I am a tad confused now on the sights on the M&P Tan. Maybe they are just because I am too used to using a blade and notch with no dots so perhaps I am out of touch with these new fangled things :).

'FireKnife'

The HK417 is calling my name, loudly - as, it must be said, is the USPc.

I wonder if the HK417 is materially different to the HK416 internally (heavier recoil weight to take advantage of the greater buffer tube diameter, longer cylinder like the SR-25s etc.) or not. I bet it isn't.

Anyone know what the deal is with the 0.12g BBs?

For shooting in the BOYS / Light Pro / low end EBB pistols guns? You know the stuff that they sell to 10yr olds to boost the sales so they can make the big guns for us lot :P.

That or Renegadecow is going to pop by with his Gindan PPK and show them all how it is done and they are just preparing........

Wait, further down the article, whose is that little £5 Derringer / Kahr P9 / HK P2000SK? They look like springers or other cheap guns but the little Derringer could be awesome for humiliation.

'FireKnife'

Awesome! A can that just might clear the px4's spring guide!

Also, i would totally rock that derringer as a backup(to my backup).

About the GBBR m4, with the GHK already out and the tippmann on its way i hope it won't be another case of "too little too late", TM better deliver the goods on this one.

Also, i would totally rock that derringer as a backup(to my backup).

About the GBBR m4, with the GHK already out and the tippmann on its way i hope it won't be another case of "too little too late", TM better deliver the goods on this one.

I think i'd be willing to wager a fair amount of money that the TM will blow most GBBRs out of the water. It wont be realistic internally at all though that will be it's downfall. 

I've had suppressors that were specifically designed with pistols and not hitting the recoil spring guide in mind available for years, the Tokyo Marui one might be a little cheaper but I bet it won't be anywhere near as light ;)

/shameless plug

I've had suppressors that were specifically designed with pistols and not hitting the recoil spring guide in mind available for years, the Tokyo Marui one might be a little cheaper but I bet it won't be anywhere near as light ;)

/shameless plug

Your CF suppressors are the dogs danglies for sure :D

My mate had one on his TM 5-7 until he dropped it from shoulder height muzzle-down onto concrete... the CF delaminated in a most amusing fashion :D

I kind of want to assume that the one pic is free bb samples.

Nothing for me personally, but I eagerly await how these releases turn out in the hands of players.  That Pink L96 had me in stitches for a moment.  Another side note is those illustrative pamphlet reviews on a side link.

I think i'd be willing to wager a fair amount of money that the TM will blow most GBBRs out of the water. It wont be realistic internally at all though that will be it's downfall.

I hope it'll be completely unrealistic inside if that's what it takes to get it to get better performance out of the platform. I don't spend my airsoft skirmishes running around with my rifle split open showing everyone how realistic the BCG is, I spend them shooting at people. It's one thing to compromise the gun's performance to make it externally realistic (e.g., restricting gas capacity by using GIM rather than remote-line) but it's quite another to cripple the gun's performance so it looks more like something it isn't in places you quite literally cannot even see when you're using it.

We've already got AR-15 GBBRs that are internally indistinguishable from the real thing (WA pattern, and to a lesser extent the modified ViperTech and GHK systems) with deeply uneven performance. Aren't we overdue a gun that was designed to prioritise performance rather than a realistic cleaning experience? It seems to me that performance is in inverse proportion to how much the gun looks like a real AR-15 on the inside.

Considering that where the BB feed hole is located on the HK417 magazine it's safe to say it is the same thing internally as the 416(just look at the SCAR-H magazine's feed hole it is also not at the edge of it because the gearbox was the same as Light version but they had accomodate to the different mag position). On the grip: it never bothered me on the 416 in fact I found it better than the real one, but on the 417 it looks a bit weird to me for some reason. Maybe because I have the VFC 417 gbb. :P

We've already got AR-15 GBBRs that are internally indistinguishable from the real thing (WA pattern, and to a lesser extent the modified ViperTech and GHK systems) with deeply uneven performance. Aren't we overdue a gun that was designed to prioritise performance rather than a realistic cleaning experience? It seems to me that performance is in inverse proportion to how much the gun looks like a real AR-15 on the inside.

Tanio Koba / KJW M4, perhaps? Those are, from all the evidence, pretty much tanks out of the box.

But of course, since it doesn't look brass inside, and only has two models and no future models announced for couple yers now, everyone keeps dismissing it as a dead fish. A pity, really.

The problem with the KJW M4 wasn't that it had no different models (Which are unnecessary anyway). It was that the KJW M4's receiver was made out of cheese metal and would, after a given time, break.

I loved my KJW M4 when I was using it. It was without a question the most reliable GBB M4 I have owned. But when the receiver snapped, KJW refused to send me a new one. So, with no other options other then buying a whole new gun, I parted what was left of it out. And I moved to a more durable platform, which was, ironically, the WE M4. KJW shot themselves in the foot by making it out of materials that weren't up to the task. And making no replacements available. Shame on them I would say.

I have a feeling that this may be the downfall of the Tokyo Marui M4 as well. That it may work great, but suffer from poor external material and break there. Lets face it, Tokyo Marui pot metal isn't exactly the best there is, either.

Its nice that Marui is finally making a proper GBBR though. Its like the beginning of the end for the monster they created.

Your CF suppressors are the dogs danglies for sure :D

My mate had one on his TM 5-7 until he dropped it from shoulder height muzzle-down onto concrete... the CF delaminated in a most amusing fashion :D

Oh dear >_< Well that kind of abuse is one thing I didn't design them for, and I did have very thin carbon fibre tubing (0.65mm wall thickness) made for them to keep the weight down, I never saw the point in using thick walled, heavy and laquered off the shelf tubing like others do, but then again I don't make a penny of profit on mine so perhaps I went too high spec :P He should buy another while they're being sold insanely cheap though ;)

I hope it'll be completely unrealistic inside if that's what it takes to get it to get better performance out of the platform. I don't spend my airsoft skirmishes running around with my rifle split open showing everyone how realistic the BCG is, I spend them shooting at people.

I agree entirely, I've said it before (I think) and I'll say it again, airsofters on the whole don't seem to demand the same level of internal realism from GBB pistols, they're not exactly unrealistic but I think they get the balance right and can be very efficient, I don't see why GBBrs, particually AR15 varient GBBrs are so focused on having very realistic internals at the cost of efficiency.

I don't want a TM M4 GBBr personally, but if they design the internals with performance in mind and it sells well there is a good chance they'll move into models I am interested in, until then I'll stick with my cheap and very efficient Glock in a German designed box as a GBB primary ;)

I agree entirely, I've said it before (I think) and I'll say it again, airsofters on the whole don't seem to demand the same level of internal realism from GBB pistols, they're not exactly unrealistic but I think they get the balance right and can be very efficient, I don't see why GBBrs, particually AR15 varient GBBrs are so focused on having very realistic internals at the cost of efficiency.

Perhaps it says something about the people that want to own AR15 GBBRs, that the demand is to have them so realistic?

I personally don't get it, an airsoft gun needs to function well and then you can forgive minor differences a lot easier. So long as it isn't wildly off the mark like some CO2 air pistols can be what's wrong with a little function over form?

'FireKnife'

I'm guessing the little Kahr P9, HK2000 and derringer are Gindan guns? Google translate comes up with "Pocket Hand Gun series of object 10 years of age or older. "Dillinger."  (apparently) and "P9. Or P9 of KAHR ARMS! Also, none've got little bitty but ...." whatever that all might mean. I'd actually be pretty amused by a gindan gun P9 for shame kills last ditch use.

Ah fair enough, I can't read Japanese and didn't google translate the rest of the page, just assumed because the rest of the page was marui stuff. Cheap pocket springers can be quite amusing, I might have to obtain a couple of these. Something I find baffling about marui is their tendency to release boys versions of things like the Tavor but not produce a proper AEG Tavor, maybe I'm underestimating the market for boys airsoft guns?

Archived