MP40 and Sten Gunnnn.....

The Insider

Well a lot of WW2 guns had magazine layouts that wouldn't lend themselves well to gbb systems. The Sten's side loading mag would probably vent out a lot of liquid gas, same with a top loading bren, zb26 or Owen gun.

Not to say I wouldn't love me some ww2 gbbs, but not everything would work well. Still waiting for that gbb Thompson 1928a1 though, hasn't been much news on that it seems.

Top loading would be easier than side loading. All you'd need to do is have a "snorkel" inside the mag to feed it with gas from the highest point.

Trying that with a side loader wouldn't work as a bit of tilt would tip the liquid into it.

Eh, Ive never seen external gas as a good option. Im sure some people are fine with it, but for me a GBB has to have the gas in the mag, or at the very least somehow contained in the gun itself. Remote lines just add an unrealistic factor that kind of ruins it.

Having things running from your gun.... like.... a sling?

I knew a few guys who ran classic airsofts who wrapped the hose around the gun sling.

Even then, an expansion chamber still fits your requirements.

Having things running from your gun.... like.... a sling?

I knew a few guys who ran classic airsofts who wrapped the hose around the gun sling.

Oh lord, not this again. Regardless of your view on external gas rigs airsofters are split into those who hate them and those who are happy to use them, making a gun that's fairly niche anyway run from an external rig only is just a recipe for poor sales.

Oh lord, not this again. Regardless of your view on external gas rigs airsofters are split into those who hate them and those who are happy to use them, making a gun that's fairly niche anyway run from an external rig only is just a recipe for poor sales.

Born largely of snobbish ignorance.

But yes, let's keep this argument for another time.... like never...

yeah, Brigg is on the "absolutely no extra bits that werent there originally" train. i see it as being irrational, but it doesnt matter.

an expansion chamber or internal gas tank is still not an ideal situation. look at the WE P90. the gun works great until the internal expansion chamber cools down too much. then you have a cool down problem that cant be solved with a magazine change.

the only way to have a reliable gas gun with a side loading mag is from an external rig and the largest demographic for this type of gun is like Brigg. so its a no go.

honestly though, if you want it enough, you can convert te AGM to a Daytonagun system. i have seen one in the past converted using sun project M4 internals

Well, that still leaves plenty of options for WWII weaponry. There's no shortage of things GBB companies could make. Now if WE catches wind of this, things should start popping out after the lunar new years. There shouldn't be a licensing problem either since their patents and whatever else should be expired by now. It'd be ridiculous if there was still some restrictions. I mean it's only been nearly 70 years since WWII.

Born largely of snobbish ignorance.

It's a factor, granted but re-enactors won't like it since the gun isn't meant to have a gas line(or a sling of a type were you'd be able to hide the line), practical skirmishers wont like if they need to lug a gas tank around to use a lightweight SMG, the iPhone latest craze 'softers won't like it since its 1980s tech, and beginners won't like it since it means buying a gas rig to run it.

Regardless of all this, I just hope they have a decent supply of midcaps this time around, on account of how the sten can't really use hicaps...

Well, that still leaves plenty of options for WWII weaponry. There's no shortage of things GBB companies could make.

Start with an M3a1, that leaves you mags to make a mac 10, then you can make tacticool versions of the mac like marushin used to do

And the solution. The channels don't even need to be part of the mag body as that would mean having to cast the thing from the back with a large plate to close it like gen 2 WE stanag mags. If the channels can be made from sheet metal or even polycarbonate with sufficient tightness, it can be simply inserted into what would be a conventional magazine. You just have to turn it right side up before loading sideways to keep all liquid to the left most channels and you should be good to go.

sidewaysmag.jpg

Archived