Big Dragon Geissele SMR rails... Now, that's interesting

MRF

No, it's not a joke:

http://www.yzh.hk/en_ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=7303

Judging from pictures quality build is typical for their products, but on the other hand what they didn't omit like Dytac did, are steel inserts. It actually impressed me much ;).
Looks pretty cool. Considering most likely lower price it may be interesting alternative.

I'm presuming that's a brand new/unused example they've used for the picture, how's it so gouged out?  Never seen that before.

Why is the 416 Geissele so popular to clone?

I think some SEALs or other SF were rumoured/maybe pictured with guns setup in that fashion.  Not sure of the exact details but some sort of link to those types of dudes over the past couple of years.  Also apparently the bin Laden killer was a 416 with a Remington forend and they look fairly similar-ish.

Well, I'm afraid that quite a percentage of production batches looks like this one here and there ;). That's why I use to inspect this kind of stuff in person in my local airsoft store. I mean Taiwangun.com - masters of ACM rebranding ;).

I thought he was referring to the very obvious itteration marks in the curved CNC cut.

The gouges I think I have a theory. In some WE "behind the scenes" pictures it appears they ship or store the bulk of their raw aluminum casts/CNC slides/frames whatever in big plastic boxes. Without any out protection. They are bound to clank up against eachother causing marks etc. which will show through the finish. Possibly same story here.

EDIT: Doh just saw the above :D

A friend of mine who is a machinist had a real one in his hands a few weeks ago, he told me the machining and finish were absolutely terrible.

Nothing like a real Noveske, Knights or some of the other big names who do a good job. He sais it was very amature'ish.

So this maybe quiet close to the real thing.

I thought he was referring to the very obvious itteration marks in the curved CNC cut.

Well, those marks are typical for RS Geissele SMR rails finish, so this seems to be legit ;). I believe Dytac's copies have them too, but little bit more subtle.

EDIT:

Typical example (RS): http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm157/HKforFREEDOM/HKs/IMG_1910.jpg

Archived