SOCOM Gear Kel-Tec PLR-16 GBBR

PureSilver

SOCOM Gear have published details of their forthcoming PLR-16 on their website. It's apparently licensed by Kel-Tec but OEM'd by WE, and compatible with WE-pattern magazines, including CO2 ones. Here it is in action:

Here's the basic PLR-16: 

fc8a1ad41168255591dde883412ea708.image.6

They're also planning to sell the AR-15 buttstock conversion that Kel-Tec call the SU-16E separately.

747bdab661cc3561c0e30011365363a3.image.6

Evike have preorders for $199.

^

The SU-16?

2005-10-20_kel-tec_su-16a_rifle.jpg

Probably not without modification if WE will be utilizing the same hammer assembly as with their ARs which goes in the grip/stock in this case.

If Socom Gear has it for $199, that would make the WE version around $150 sans trades. Really liking the original pistol configuration.

edit:

Looking more closely at the video, it looks like the hammer assembly isn't from WEs AR series. But it also doesn't look like the real one as it has an auto sear so some modification will still be needed to say the least.

Looks like a great little weapon to use all those STANAGs in, I'd have thought it must be a fair bit lighter and more compact than an AR.  Possibly less prone to cool-down issues too (apologies to all if I open a can of thermals dynamics discussion worms)?

Brings the KC-02 to mind slightly, though I think this'll make for a far more practical 'all round' rifle.  Be nice to see more non-military stuff like this for the other systems (and in general).

Brings the KC-02 to mind slightly, though I think this'll make for a far more practical 'all round' rifle. 

Yup, and I've got one of those too. :D

Here's hoping that it'll fold on that pin and go in a rucksack.

Does that stock fold?

IMO putting none-folding M4 stocks on a gun without a buffer tube is just... I dunno, annoying from a design POV. 

edit: anybody else think it would look good if you removed the stock and foregrip and mounted it under an M4? It does have M26 shotgun-esque vibe to it. Completely pointless of course but TIA (this is airsoft)

edit: anybody else think it would look good if you removed the stock and foregrip and mounted it under an M4? It does have M26 shotgun-esque vibe to it. Completely pointless of course but TIA (this is airsoft)

I feel an Xzibit 'Yo Dwag' meme coming on but I just can't be bothered to make another one. :D

For me I am wondering if the curse of SG will get at these. Although much of that curse comes from the fact that WE gave the worst designs to SG to then stick poop trades on and charge more.

'FireKnife'

well, assuming they had any plans to make one, which they probably don't, For the PLR16 they didnt need to design a new magazine, but for the RFB, they would have to make an FAL magazine, since it doesnt take M14 mags even though it looks like it should.

Archived