Stark Arms Glock 17 GEN4 w markings!

NonEx

Put about 500 bbs through it in the last week or so. And it's shooting like a champ now that it has had time to break in. The internals are not showing much signs of wear. The slide stop didn't work like it should but a bit of filling around the slide notch did the trick. I'm really happy with this beauty and is quite possibly the best airsoft gbb I have owned out of the box in terms of value to quality. I would recommend this to any glock fan. Don't know what else to report. Feel free to ask questions.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, So because my camera decided it was going to take a dump on me, I'm going to have to delay the Review  :angry: However I did take some pics with my Iphone and am making an Imgur album that shows a couple of the main features and the changes in the gun. Imgur is taking forever to upload right now though so I'm not sure when I will have the pics up. 

EDIT: Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/q2FXs

Excellent thanks, WE mags a lot easier to get a hold of here and are cheap.

One thing I noticed on some of the WE magazines I have is that instead of the rubber gasket on top of the magazine being rounded, it is flat. I would suggest buying a rounded one, as the flat ones seem to spray quite a bit of gas whenever I shoot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know my Gen. 4 G17 just suffered its first major problem last week. Part  01-11; VGC7CLR010 in the manual broke in half. So the gun is completely un-usable now. I contacted WGCShop and they are going to order me multiple of them, because I can tell that they are going to keep breaking because of the way that the part is designed. Unfortunately I have got wait for them to place an order with there "Supplier" so who knows how long it will be until I get them. I'm contemplating 3D printing a few and seeing how they hold up, as I drew up the part in Solidworks, I personally think that the part would benefit from being made of aluminum, but thanks to the awkward design the only way to make one would be with a Swiss CNC lathe, which I don't have. Oh well I guess I will just have to wait. 

Thanks for the pics Tobacco man! :D

No need, that is the rocket / floating valve. Looks oddly shaped though. And those are normally plastic. Probably due to the odd shape it is more prone to breaking.

I'm assuming it's the raised lip at the rear that broke off?

The rocket valves are normally symetrical and kept in place by a rocket valve blocker plate which is screwed into the nozzle.

Kinda looks like they ran out of space due to the that big blocky thing at the bottom of the BBU, 01-17. What does that do? :o

Odd design. does it feel like it has a weak kick and blowback or something like that, cause the nozzle looks real tiny. Unless it has a huge diameter.

Thanks for the pics Tobacco man! :D

No need, that is the rocket / floating valve. Looks oddly shaped though. And those are normally plastic. Probably due to the odd shape it is more prone to breaking.

I'm assuming it's the raised lip at the rear that broke off?

The rocket valves are normally symetrical and kept in place by a rocket valve blocker plate which is screwed into the nozzle.

Kinda looks like they ran out of space due to the that big blocky thing at the bottom of the BBU, 01-17. What does that do? :o

Odd design. does it feel like it has a weak kick and blowback or something like that, cause the nozzle looks real tiny. Unless it has a huge diameter.

Because of the shape of the floating valve it would be very beneficial if it was made of aluminum or even stainless steel. The wholw rear section essentially broke right off, which you can see in the picture below: 

post-98454-0-20175100-1417986503_thumb.jpg

It should looks like this:

post-98454-0-28456900-1417986528_thumb.jpg

To answer your question regarding what part 1-17 does it is a replacement for the full auto selector switch and detent parts, you can see it in this pic here: 

post-98454-0-22887100-1417986680_thumb.jpg

The blowback on it is actually quite nice, it took a few hundred rounds to break it in but once it was broken in it runs really nice. The nozzle is oddly shaped by the diameter is huge, here is a side by side comparison of it with the nozzle out of my Stark G19:

post-98454-0-59065700-1417986787_thumb.jpg

Archived