GHK - RPK GBB

DrAlexanderTobacco

Hey guys,

Looks like this got missed a few days ago, due to Arnies being down!

Video below. Looks like fun; hopefully they'll make a drum mag... If you look at 16 seconds in, is that a BB getting chopped by the nozzle and getting ejected?

Edit: Just noticed that the thumbnail from the vid has a drum mag - but unsure of whether that's a GBB or not. It may just be an image the uploader threw in for thumbnail purposes.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, not really. I remember explaining it somewhere else but I'll just write it down again. Restricting full movement of the bolt carrier doesn't guarantee better gas efficiency as the valve lock is tripped just 1/3 of the bolt's movement. The rest is propelled by the already injected gas as it continues to expand which will just bleed out as the nozzle goes fully forward relative to the bolt carrier. In effect the same amount of gas is used either in short or long stroke but what it does is increase ROF and reduce recoil which can be a good or bad thing.

GIM and not hose fed :P.

Yup. I can't see this being competitive except in very specific games ('no battery games'?) where you're not competing against AEGs. The rate of fire simply isn't high enough and you can't sustain even that once the nozzle starts to ice over after a two-magazine dump. You could tap the magazine for HPA, but that's cumbersome, ugly and slows reloads; Iif ever a gun needed an optional remote line, it's this one.

I can't see why you'd take this over a DaytonaGun if you were actually interested in the support-fire role.

A drum mag could fit expansion chamber and a solenoid for consistency, I'm sure the nozzle can handle as many mags as you feed her. Long mag may fit an expansion chamber to help out till the mag is dry...

Laws of physics aren't very kind to gas-in-mag supports. Co2 could help...

There is much more than enough space in a drum mag to fill enough CO2 to shot more than 100 shots with high recoil, even 200. I am planing one for when I finish the M14 one (CO2 mag, not drum, It's almost ready), but my milling machine is not bit enough.

Renegadecow, the drum mag of the PKM has enough space to fit a small CO2 paintball tank.

Why does it have to be upside down? Just copy the GHK design, redesign the FCG to look like the PKM FCG, redesign the bolt to resemble a PKM bolt, redesign the box mag to hold gas.

The bbs feed the same way, except instead of sitting in the chamber, there are feed lips. The nozzle strips each round off and it rides up the feed ramp and into the chamber.

But you should be focusing on the GM94, not this ;)

Yup. I can't see this being competitive except in very specific games ('no battery games'?) where you're not competing against AEGs. The rate of fire simply isn't high enough and you can't sustain even that once the nozzle starts to ice over after a two-magazine dump. You could tap the magazine for HPA, but that's cumbersome, ugly and slows reloads; Iif ever a gun needed an optional remote line, it's this one.

I can't see why you'd take this over a DaytonaGun if you were actually interested in the support-fire role.

This is it.

As Swatti says some people just don't like external lines. 

For a support weapon the advantages of an external line over a GIM are just so massive that really the only way that GIM can win "the game" is by stopping external line from playing.

Choice is always good and the system won't be refined unless more models and so forth are developed. I'll be more then happy to be proved wrong as I have no stake in the matter but a GIM in support gun I'll believe when I see it.

Talk of a GIM mag RPK74 is a total waste of time.

Apparently it would be "easy" to convert AK mags into the longer RPK mags. That may be true if one is technically proficient but you'd still have to earn enough to blow it on lets say 10x AK mags - whilst having enough time to mod them to be longer. I mean yeah, you could do that, or you could buy an LCT kit, install a DTG internals and a bunch of large rpk style midcaps. Each to their own.

edit:

basically the short version is that I doubt you will ever, ever, ever get this from a GIM:

Always good to see more more GBBRs but a support gun running on a GIM system would get frustrating fast.

About the only one I could see working is the likes of the British L86 that ended up becoming more of a low end DMR anyway as it had good accuracy but little use in fire support when compared to the other LSWs.

But then that would probably see use as a GIM DMR than a LSW.

'FireKnife'

Archived