GHK - RPK GBB

DrAlexanderTobacco

Renegadecow, I managed to solve that some time ago, working on the same concept. Gas and bbs can go up to the bolt avoiding the bolt carrier in some conducts hided by the sheet metal part in the side of the PKM that covers the lever that feeds the belt.

For the people that think that a support mag is not going to work, when I tried R410a gas, I get 223 shots from a single load of gas in a GHK M4 mag  (93 in a KJW M9). Now imagine how many you can get with an oversize CO2 mag, more than enough IMO.

This is the same "battle" as AEG vs GBBR. I know a lot of players that don't want a GBBR because they will be in disadvantage. Of course with a GIM you will never have 4000 rds mags and a ROF enough to make your gun a white PVC laser beam. But this doesn't mean they will be useless, and of course it doesn't mean they won't be funny, and that's what matters.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess something could be worked out in bigger mags like those in a PKM. You would have to carry whole mags to make it practical though, but I could see myself changing boxes of 200-300 rounds in the field.

That's a lovely M60 DG video, BTW, I wonder who's the owner of that beauty :D

Yes I am pretty sure it is possible with GIM in a large mag.  It just needs a large multi-tray expansion chamber for the liquid to become gas quickly.

Someone with a mill could easily fabricate something I am sure.

I am working on a WE G39 GIM Beta-C project currently, will see how that pans out.  Making a gas tank that fits into the drum.  Given the WE G39 performance has been stellar for being able to continuous fire (except for the floppy barrel) it should work, I just need to find a way to make a heavy outer barrel..

• 2 weeks later...

I could see real cap games being amazing running one of these.Lock the rifles off to semi only with the rules but allow support weapons full auto.

I have seen video of a 249 using a we m4 mechanism feeding from the m4 mag port and know of a couple of guys running realcap boxes in aegs though dunno how that would work.

• 1 month later...

Hasnt WE been working on a GBBR Cmags? In both GIM and external line flavours?

3vi1-D4n stick up a thread when your done id love to see it. Ive always wanted to properly finish my Lancer, last peice of thr puzzle is a hi capacity gas mag. Be it GIM or not.

On my phone my spelling will suck

• 7 months later...

I stand by my original comment. A support gunner must often lay down large volumes of suppressing fire - that is the point of being a support gunner - and you won't be able to do that with any current gas-in-magazine gun, including this one.

I understand why GHK are making this gun - because having adapted a few LCT AEG bodies, you might as well adapt them all - but I can't see this being a successful support weapon in any but the most restrictive real-capacity games.

you won't be able to do that with any current gas-in-magazine gun, including this one.

I've been able to lay down effective suppressing fire with a 30 round AK mag and even pistols that normally hold much less and these are during regular Sunday games. With this holding 80 I don't see why it can't do the same. The objective isn't to make a tripwire of death made from a stream of bbs as much as it is possible for many AEGS and HPA guns. If you can put bbs down range in a way that it makes most people have second thoughts about breaking cover, then it works. Now, the fact that it's GHK and knowing their propensity to eat their own hop chambers, that I have issues with.

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xft1/v/t42.1790-2/11996845_427272620792595_787024544_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjU5MCwicmxhIjo1MTJ9&rl=590&vabr=328&oh=649b3b7133961e17dadfd60094507af3&oe=55F45747

Wait what? (DIY drum mag from Hong Kong, apparently holds about 200-300 rounds) It is a hi-cap mag though, which is no good for me, I'd want a drum mag that still activates the empty lever, even if the capacity is much less. 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Checkout Reaper Productions on Facebook. He makes HPA fed drum mags for basically anything

on my phone, my spelling will suck

It's Reaper Airsoft Customs, damn you! I had to deal with that stupid FB search function to find it! :gun:

I'm not sure why we think this is impressive though in regards to the performance, other than the the fact that they're making a drum mag, the test doesn't show much except that it cycles, in terms of cooldown performance, for a GHK AK even a prowin mag (or stock mag) can do this... 

It's only impressive when they reveal what kinda BB capacity it has.. 

Archived