TM RECOIL HK417

DeltaZero

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed it just popped up on Marui's homepage (usually means it is in pre-order stage then) along with the Hi-Capa-E model.

To be honest I am more fussed about the USP Compact which I hope we hear more about soon. The HK417 to me just seems like saying 'yes I want a popular design platform (AR) but *fruitcage* the widely compatible mag options, I want big chunky mags :P.

Haha you're right the USP Compact is way more important to me! But all we can do is hope! 

Well it should be along soon. It had as much info as the HK417 and had a possible late year release date. Plus TM do seem to be in the habit of getting things shown at shows out quite quick, unless they are just colour variations.

Still the USPc is coming, it is on the way, just have to see when it arrives and which UK store gets it first along with a spare mag or three ;).

'FireKnife'

Haha, only about two posts in and we already don't seem to care about the HK417, popular gun, clearly :P.

Or maybe it is the prospect of TM releasing a pistol they are only about 10 years or more behind the competition on. Still it must be better than the modern KWAs, those are awful.

'FireKnife'

*fruitcage* the widely compatible mag options, I want big chunky mags :P.

Seems to be a bloody curse on me these days, wants completely cumbersome guns strictly because of their unique magazines.

Seeing the Trademarks has me wondering who at HK hq has picked up the red phone already.

Ah, airsoft. Where 99% of guns come in the one caliber and yet people still demand different shaped boxes to put them in that don't conform with the other boxes "becoz, real world y'all" :P.

I love it so much. Also wanting a USPc now and it has nothing to do with '24', more Blood Diamond loadout for summer :D.

'FireKnife'

How is your Rhodeeeezzzzzian accent?

4.5KG? meh, with scope, bipod and other bits, probably closer to 5.5-6KG, I'm too wimpy to lug that around all day. 

My poorly done Afrikans? Should be good enough ;).

Though it does mean modding up some sort of Commando length AR thing with a bad paint job.

As for the HK417, I think the weight is a bit too much too. I suppose in Japan where everyone runs 328 this might see some good short range DMR use but is the recoil really worth the extra when you think of the upgrades too for UK markets? As a typical run and gun weapon I don't think it would work either. In fact TM why you no make recoil FAMAS, it "am bestest gun" after all.

'FireKnife'

New motor? Maybe it has bigger recoil weight. But it has the biggest MSRP yet out of all the next gen guns(82,800 yen). Considering that the HK416D costs 490$ on echigoya with a 64,800 yen MSRP, the 417 will likely cost over 600$. :o

Edit: just checked the cost on impulse: thats about 690$. Uuuh...

Does it have the fatter stock tube, I cant tell from the pics?  If it does I guess they'd have to change the weight, or at least the shape, you'd hope with it being the larger round (yes FK I know its all in my head I know it only fire 6mm bb's  :bleh: ) you'd hope they would up the recoil (if they do i'm getting one no question!) 

Archived