RWA Full Steel Nighthawk Custom 1911

blobface

This gun isn't expensive for what it is in its circumstances, it just isn't, like I said, I'm usually one to jump on the bandwagon of RW being crazy with their prices, especially when they are also known to create "custom" $2000-3000 IPSC full aluminium guns that on paper is far inferior to this. This gun's asking price isn't far off what RA-Tech asked for their batch 1 Kimber Royal II (which, at $950+, had lots of stock KJW parts), or Inokatsu's 1911, which has very loose tolerance (which you could argue so did the rs 1911 they were replicating). Over the years, high end airsoft 1911's prices have been coming down, and it will only continue to do so, if we were to imagine something like this to exist 10 years ago, the prices wouldn't be anywhere near this. 

Whether or not you can justify spending this much money on what is essentially a toy gun is entirely based on your priorities, I'm not arguing $1280 is not a lot of money, it is, especially for a toy, but if you compare to all the existing "high end" full steel 1911s out there, its price is fair. It should be quite telling that this is not ludicrously overpriced when someone like Wolfgeorge, who owns pretty much all the rare airsoft 1911s that exist, thought this gun is only "worth it" if it's under $1500, and turns out it's $1280. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand what you're saying and fair points.

However, it just makes me think that most of the high end 1911's are overpriced. Perhaps this one not by as much though, but still overpriced.

As I said, it's a nice gun and fair play to anyone who buys one. I'm sure it's great and will be enjoyed... :D

Me, I'll just wait until they start to pop up s/h... B)

€1280 seems very fare, if only they would make a knighthalk costa compact I would be all over it. I'm going to wait and see what the reviews are like. It would also be interesting to know what parts their using for internals especially the inner frame ?

€1280 seems very fare, if only they would make a knighthalk costa compact I would be all over it. I'm going to wait and see what the reviews are like. It would also be interesting to know what parts their using for internals especially the inner frame ?

Totally agree with you there Icolater, with Redwolf holding the license for Nighthawk, I thought they would have used a bit more imagination and gone for the T3 or Costa Ludus 1911 compact, rather than another expensive version of something they've done before.

Anyhow Nova will be releasing at least 10 1911 kits in the first quarter of 2015, for those who prefer to build their own ;)

I think I'm more tempted to get a donor gun, the Hurricane Tac entry 2 kit and upgrade it to hell and back with no expense spared.. :)

Should still be a pretty good gun and a lot cheaper. In saying that, despite all I've said, I am kinda drawn to the RWA despite the price. Might be nice to have at least one expensive gun.......

The most I've ever spent so far is about £400 on a pistol.

Start with a TM gun, add a quality MBK alu kit, then some internals and performance upgrades and see what price tag you end up with...

I mean, this is probably the most reasonably priced steel airsoft pistol ever. I almost placed an order for one but then I remembered I don't like the grips on 1911s much anymore :P

And, looking at the video, and the price, I would almost want to skirmish is, since I now play airsoft, but the weight of a full steel 1911 puts me off from that idea. And the grip issue of course :P

Start with a TM gun, add a quality MBK alu kit, then some internals and performance upgrades and see what price tag you end up with...

I mean, this is probably the most reasonably priced steel airsoft pistol ever. I almost placed an order for one but then I remembered I don't like the grips on 1911s much anymore :P

And, looking at the video, and the price, I would almost want to skirmish is, since I now play airsoft, but the weight of a full steel 1911 puts me off from that idea. And the grip issue of course :P

Don't care what price it ends up being. At least I'll have built it myself, rather than being shafted!...... :tongue2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Smells nice, kicks hard, second to none tolerances (comparing with Inno, had no expierence with RA). Snappy thumb safety, fantastic springs' density. I'd say the best steel 1911 for the money - I've made a small youtube review, but it's in Russian unfortunately

As my reason for purchasing the gun isn't because it's a Nighthawk, but because I just want a "combat 1911" that is full steel on CO2, whether the hammer is wrong doesn't concern me at all, so for me I don't care about that.

However, there are a few things worth noting, the sights are not steel, nor is the grip safety beavertail, which is a disappointment as steel beavertails are expensive to buy. Also instead of a fake pin which RA-Tech has bothered to introduce, it has the usual hax screw in place of the pin, which considering how simple it was for RA-Tech to implement, it's a little annoying they didn't do that.

Another issue I have is that the pin above the grip is either pushing too hard, or that the slide release is not shaped correctly, which means when you pull the slide back when a new mag is inserted, the pin is not pushing the slide release back down, aka power stroke doesn't work, I'm sure it can be fixed but I haven't really looked into it. Oh and no, RS sights has no chance of fitting, front sights yes, rear sight, not without milling the suitcase out of it, I'll eventually fit a set of real steel tritium on it, probably the Heinie slant pro.

This might all sound quite negative, but don't get me wrong, I don't regret getting it at all. Possitive things about the gun is abundant, unlike the RA-Tech or Ino 1911, the tolerance is incredible, IIRC even the inner barrel base / hop unit is steel, the recoil spring is very stiff, but it can afford to have that as it kicks very hard, it's accuracy is good as the kick does not start messing with the hop setting, and you can easily mag dump on full capacity with plenty of gas left.

The hammer doesn't bother me, neither is the grip safety as they can be swapped out for nova steel parts. I am more concern of the RS dimension factor. I haven't been following up on airsoft for a few years at least, so apologise if this has been covered. I recall when WA launched the first GBB AR, most people were talking about the specs for different WA platform AR (INO/Prime RS spec vs G&P/KingArms etc toy spec). Does the toy spec vs RS spec exist on 1911s? 

Archived