Mjolnir BBU for TM glock and Merlin 1.8

volante

Introducing new products.

1. Mjolnir BBU for Glock series

15963961572_c2bb315c5f_c.jpg

At least 30% powerful BBU than TM original.

Will be made by precision casting(+cnc) and injection molding.

15mm cylinder bore and longer piston length, heavier BBU weight(76g in my CAD program).

Material is stainless steel for housing, engineering plastic for nozzle, brass for piston.

Not for plastic slide, only for metal slides.

Price will be around 50USD

We're now under test with 3d print sample, and will upload working video next month with CNC made prototype.

15344981633_888276f76f.jpg

2. Merlin BBU mk 1.8

Improved Merlin.

15777211578_1f3996dbcf_c.jpg

Loading nozzle rail and front cap is now in stainless steel,

Higher FPS

CNC made UHMWPE nozzle

Magazine router for Merlin BBU included

Black PVD coating

200m/s internal piston shape proven by CFD

KSC urethane seal

159.99USD -> 119.99USD(free shippng) (black Friday and Christmas promotion till December 31)

Thanks for reading guys.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we get a "less powerful" version?

Most GBB-pistols are quite hot for CQB already.

Better yet, NPAS.

For instance I don't want any more FPS but maybe more blowback strength and/or better gas efficiency and reduced cooldown.

Exactly, sidearms over 330 fps are unnecesary or too hot in most fields, including CQB.

A gun that shoots 400fps but it's sluggish and can't finish a magazine with a locked back slide is useless. Making GBB pistols as efficient and reliable as possible should be the first priority, since those are the most common problems.

Maybe we dont want sniper-grade power from handguns or we have FPS limits / sanity. 

And who on earth wants to play with stock TM plastic rubbish?

These have the potential to make heavy steel slides work WELL instead of sluggish and gas-hungry. Just need that as an option too. 

Wow, i need to go to Japan and educate the people on how awasum some clones can be compared to the original and how awasum sports cars can be.

TM may create guns that run (suprisingly) well on fartgas and while using it last forever but in Finland for instance, its pretty much a standard that a handgun has a metal slide and most i'd imagine chrono around 110m/s or so. For that, TM is maybe THE worst base cost-efficancy wise. 

Or people in really cold places. I'm pretty sure though that as much as Volante's products ensure good performance with heavy steel slides (the video of a Merlin fitted Inokatsu was really promising), the fact that you're using something much heavier than stock will ultimately mean having to use up more gas per shot.

edit:

Wait, if 110m/s pistols are fine with you then Volante's BBUs shouldn't be too big a deal then. They raise fps from stock TM spec which do around 80-90.

I'd have thought that swatti, being from chilly Finland, would appreciate TMs and their plastic slides...but apparently TM AM PLASTIC AND BAD HURR isn't dead yet. Also, aren't metal pistols illegal or something in Japan? Probably why TMs are plastic.

A gun that shoots 400fps but it's sluggish and can't finish a magazine with a locked back slide is useless. Making GBB pistols as efficient and reliable as possible should be the first priority, since those are the most common problems.

Is it so easy to modify a BBU to put more gas into the blowback without putting more down the barrel?

And who on earth wants to play with stock TM plastic rubbish?

Someone warm up the FireKnife spotlight...

TM may create guns that run (suprisingly) well on fartgas and while using it last forever but in Finland for instance, its pretty much a standard that a handgun has a metal slide

I would have thought Finland would be the best place to run a TM, seeing as it's very cold there and light weight means much lower pressure is required to cycle the gun.

Also, aren't metal pistols illegal or something in Japan? Probably why TMs are plastic.

I don't think so - I think they use plastic because it's cheaper. There are KSC pistols with metal slides these days, aren't there? There used to be no metal Japanese guns at all, but with Recoil Shocks coming out with metal bodies and all that either there's been a change in the law (unlikely) or they're finally coming around to using MIM instead of plastic IM.

I must admit im a bit of an elitis pig myself. However i do get the idea of plastic slide and cold, my Ino is dead long before stock TMs at +8 or so. 

There is however a problem of plastic lasting, especialy in the cold. Ive seen MANY broken slides from TM. Also thats mostly due to the fact that the small bottle of fartgas costs more then twice its size huge bottle of greengas so im not surpiced to see TM slides get busted.

EDIT: pressure cycling the gun wont change much with a metal-slide. The slide wont make the hammer hit the valve any harder... 

I don't think so - I think they use plastic because it's cheaper

Technically speaking, Japanese law prohibits the manufacture and sale of metal slided airsoft pistols. The metal KSCs you're seeing are more than likely KWAs which are meant for export, not that KSCs are even made in Japan in the first place. What's really odd is despite the standing ordinance, Japanese citizens are freely able to import guns with metal slides like WE and the cops don't seem to care. Maybe eventually it would lead to TM and/or other brands having the law repealed.

edit:

Hammer pressure and valve opening depth may be constant, but you have a variance with how long it's held open by the movement of the slide. A heavier slide moves slower, taking more time to accelerate which means the slide takes longer to hit the valve lock so more gas is consumed. I could see the same thing happening with the bored up BBU only that you have a larger expansion chamber for the gas to push against making it push harder/faster, but the larger chamber will also mean allowing more gas to go in it before being cut off. Even in warm weather where heavy metal slides perform seemingly well they'll noticeably use up more gas than similar guns with a light weight slide.

Thought so. Yeah KSC 'Taiwan version' guns are usually the ones with metal slides, i.e. export edition.

I must admit im a bit of an elitis pig myself. However i do get the idea of plastic slide and cold, my Ino is dead long before stock TMs at +8 or so. 

There is however a problem of plastic lasting, especialy in the cold. Ive seen MANY broken slides from TM. Also thats mostly due to the fact that the small bottle of fartgas costs more then twice its size huge bottle of greengas so im not surpiced to see TM slides get busted.

EDIT: pressure cycling the gun wont change much with a metal-slide. The slide wont make the hammer hit the valve any harder... 

You guys run TMs on less than green gas even at 8 degrees? Part of what makes TMs practical in the cold is that propane (i.e. green gas) is still high enough pressure to cycle them snappily. I can maybe understand that you're not a fan if you've been using duster gas or something in them...

Technically speaking, Japanese law prohibits the manufacture and sale of metal slided airsoft pistols.

Interesting, thanks. That doesn't apply to long guns - hence TM's Recoil Shocks - just handguns? My metal-slided KSC SP2022 must have been a Taiwan version.

Like RenegadeCow said, it's all to do with inertia of the heavy slide. Starting with a fully-gassed magazine, a heavy slide is slower to cycle, increasing the length of time before it hits the valve lock and therefore allowing more gas to escape. That means that each shot uses up more gas, and adiabatic cooling multiplies that effect exponentially by making rapid shots require even more gas, so you get even fewer shots before there's no liquid left in the magazine (or the magazine is very cold) and the pressure begins to drop. Once the pressure's dropped below a certain threshold, a pistol slide won't cycle enough to hit the lock at all, and the gun will vent. Heavier slides raise that threshold, because they take more pressure get moving at all and bleed off more gas before they hit the lock.

Well, I for one would appreciate 1J steel pistol which can do full mag and extra more than a 1.6J which can do half. This plastic debate has little to do with the issue.

And about the product; I like it, wish it would have a bigger impact on the market -> more volume, less premium price.

Archived