Mjolnir BBU for TM glock and Merlin 1.8

volante

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merlin and Mjolnir has fps around 300fps with green gas.

Almost same or less than original.

Main purpose of my BBU is increasing blowback and cold weather cycling performance.

Does it retain a more solid grip on the nozzle when the nozzle is extended? I'm unable to deduct this from the CAD drawing.

Does it compress the return spring 100% or is there some other blocking mechanism?

I'm also greatly interested in the Mjolnir for my Tm Glocks. If it has a larger capacity air nozzle unit then that will really help move the sluggish alloy slides in the UK. I doubt it will manage to move my old Guarder G17 stainless slide effectively though :(

Have you seen his demo video of the Merlin BBU? Its crazy. The Mjolnir will probably power your steel slide just fine even on 134a.

I'm also greatly interested in the Mjolnir for my Tm Glocks. If it has a larger capacity air nozzle unit then that will really help move the sluggish alloy slides in the UK. I doubt it will manage to move my old Guarder G17 stainless slide effectively though :(

If Mjolnir can't cycle guarder steel slide properly, i won't receive a single penny.

Also, it will kick much harder than original even with aluminium slides.

Any chance this will fit into Stark G19?

I'm not sure but will test about it. (current version is based on TM/KJ)

Does it retain a more solid grip on the nozzle when the nozzle is extended? I'm unable to deduct this from the CAD drawing.

Does it compress the return spring 100% or is there some other blocking mechanism?

I don't understand the first question. 

And about nozzle return spring, it is unable to see from a view of top image, but there is. 

Also, it has limited nozzle travel to prevent wrecking nozzle return spring.

Thanks for so much interest.

Basicly how much up/down wobble there is on the nozzle when it is extended out of BBU during cycling action. If it's less than the stock TM BBU's.

It won't wobble much as loading nozzle's top side is sliding with slide's internal ceiling, and has sliding rail for nozzle.

• 3 weeks later...

No Chance, I own a Stark G19 and it is a completely different system. 

Just got my SA S19 and checked the internals. Indeed, different design then WE/MARUI/KJW GLock 17. So - if there will ever be a Stark Arms version of this - count me in as a buyer!

Just got my SA S19 and checked the internals. Indeed, different design then WE/MARUI/KJW GLock 17. So - if there will ever be a Stark Arms version of this - count me in as a buyer!

If he was going to make A Unit for the Stark Arms Glocks, he would have to make two different ones, one for the Third Generation G19 and G17. As well as one for the Generation 4 G17.

As I have both and they are completely different.

*I think the Gen4 has a much bigger nozzle diameter. 

As I own the SA Glocks too I'd be really happy for him to do that, however knowing that it's pretty much only him working on these projects, SA Glocks are probably too niche for it to be worth designing units for, considering he's already done them for the more common TM Glocks. If anything it'd make more sense for him to move towards the next popular line of pistols... which is... err... dunno, Sigs? 

The Gen 3 and Gen 4 have completely different housings and nozzles. The Gen 3 is select fire so thats something you could remove to simplify the unit, but it would still be a pain to make all of that work IMO. The Gen 4 has a huge nozzle and is not select fire, but because of the larger nozzle the unit itself had to be changed so its a completely different shape.

Pics:

Gen 3 BBU

86639edd867f59d32a83bd206e146e19.jpg

Gen 4 BBU

85682eba970da7519806d549988ffa67.jpg

Gen 3 (top) vs. Gen 4 (bottom)

ea9828f72b3f64546c2757a80d189e21.jpg

Gen 4 Nozzle (Side-View)

ee349becffb710a2acc1ac22572c0718.jpg

Gen 3 Nozzle (left) vs. Gen 4 (right)

5668a5e1c6ac9c4d41769110b45e343a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I made working prototype with steel and testing it.

And i found some way to increase performance so i will make another prototype.

Release date can be delayed but it will be best BBU for Glock series.

And it won't installed into full auto Glock series.

Archived