Halo MA5-B Assault Rifle

bankz5152

I expect there is a reason why, however we won't know until its released... 

Heres some scale which may help -

http://www.405th.com/f21/halo-ma5c-assault-rifle-airsoft-conversion-pic-heavy-40052/index2.html

My bet is coinciding with the Halo 5 release in May.  

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its always best to wait till its released before making assumptions (that the oem has a v6 gearbox or even GBB capability). This might take off and that's what we should focus on. When something sells well other manufacturers/companies take note.

Hopefully this will get released, as there are a lot of Halo fans who would buy one. I'd be more interested in a pistol from Halo than any of the rifles, but that's just my taste. It's really good to see diversity in a sea of AR's and AK's.

Halo film hasnt been cancelled yet, just on the back burner. Rumour is they made District 9 instead.

The new film/tv show will supposedly be made depending on the success of Nightfall. Speilburg is still up for it.

On my phone my spelling will suck

Rumor has it, the produces didn't like the direction the movie was going in (the person who directed District 9 was going to direct Halo. His short movie, that turned into District 9, got the attention of the producers of the Halo movie. In a way I'm glad the halo movie didn't get made, for if it had, we wouldn't have got District 9). I can't for the life of me remember how to spell the directs surname (Neil Blom-something or other).

Also, that the warthog was built for promotion purposes and then used in 'forward into dawn'. The movie was going to take a different vision to the game interns of vehicles and weapons. People always want to put their stamp on things (in alien 3 the director wanted the pulse rifles to look more tactical, well, that's the reason given for them being painted black).

On Topic:- Let the flood gates open for replica, and skirmishable, weapons from computer/video games. Sod it, I'll be blatantly honest, just make every shotgun from a SCI-FI game from the last 10 years. Start with the one from Gears of War and then Halo, followed by the one from Alien Isolation. I'd buy everyone (even if they were spring powered).

Just got an email back from EHobby Asia. HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS!!!

Dear Josh,

Thank you for your email.

The Halo MA5 Assault Rifle will be released soon. It should be in this month. Once there is any update information, we will post in our facebook. We are sorry that we don’t accept pre-order.

It looks very similar to Chrono Blaster 88’ Evike but not identical.

If you have any further question, please feel to contact us.

Best Regards

eHobbyAsia - CS8

www.ehobbyasia.com

**In light of this could a mod please change the title? Remove the CB-Evike bit please?

Interesting that they say it's similar to the evike release. Ooohhhh, this is actually tempting me now. As I bet people would be very tut-tut about using one of these. But then there are people who will be all 'oh yeah, gotta let me try that thing out'.

I did read right and it is this month, right?

Yes you did read that right. 

I sent them a reply asking about any details they could give me, if any. I am so excited. 

Started a preliminary thread in the Project Suggestions, once this is out ill weigh up what will be easier/best to use. At the minute it looks like ill go for the Airsoft version then add in some more detailing/paintwork etc myself. 

With a live running round counter of course :D

Round counter is easy enough. Just like how a tracer unit activates when a round is shot through or like a chrono, the counter activates in the same manner. You could also program  it to turn on by a pressure switch in the mag well, this way it's not continuously on unless a mag is in. Then you could reprogram it to 30 shots instead of 90 something. That or you buy a different round counter from the guys that build scifi replicas.

According to what I have found out the round counter works on this replica, starts at 99 and counts down. Though I will be changing it to 32 rounds and modding my magazines accordingly.

I have not been this excited in airsoft since the Kriss Vector came out. I can only just contain my excitement for it, just can't believe the timing!

Monday - Personally start thinking about making an GBB MA5

Tues - Ehobby posts that picture

Thurs - Confirmed.

EXCITED!!  

Thanks for the edit mod :)

Secondly got another email back from Ehobby sadly wouldn't give me any more specs other than hoping for a Dec/Jan release.

Also got an email back from Evike who stated they are no longer doing the CB-88 or have any information about it...

I suppose it's good and bad news about Evike not getting it. Good; because some people hate dealing with them, and their mis-information about products they sell. Bad; if two shops have it, you will have a price war. With only one shop selling it (so far at least) you could charge an exclusive price.

Hopefully I'm just over thinking the situation and everything is, now, for the better.

I want the ODST suppressed Magnum.

Yessss along with just about everything else.

But especially the suppressed SMG.

*fruitcage* the Innies (that's Insurrectionists for those not familiar with Halo lore, I don't have a problem with people's belly buttons).

A Halo based team would be savage...now to look into some ODST armour.

Looks like Land Warrior is getting these in in the UK. They've posted a bunch of videos up on their Facebook -

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152584824450028&fref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152584859635028&set=vb.148322390027&type=3&permPage=1

Also I've just had a look at the Chrono Blaster. It is pretty much just the Assault Rifle and looks ridiculously like this. Even the counter. I'm wondering if it's going to be a clone. I hope not. I bet this thing isn't even going to be licensed or called the MA5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzhPbX6U4Hg

That said....I do hope it is good. I've been wanting to buy something new for ages and have been unable to really find something that I think both looks awesome and performs well.

Archived