Tokyo Marui M&P V-Tac available for pre-order

Inspector

the sights appear to be fiber optic stacked on top of tritium. The tritium is probably just luminescent plastic inserts (ive had the glock ones and they performed very poorly in the dark) and the fiber optics are probably just acrylic rods.

Its easy enough though to buy real tritium and fiber optic to replace the inserts.

These are the ones I used.

The green ones are very effective, but bear in mind that one end is brighter than the other.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gardner-Tackle-NEW-Nano-Bug-ATTS-Tritium-Max-Betalight-Isotope-6mm-x-2mm-/290829606758?pt=UK_BOI_Packing_Postal_Supplies_Labels_LE&var=&hash=item43b6cb9f66

No, you cant cut them. 

They're made of glass and are essentially miniature fluorescent tubes, but with radiation to make the inner coating glow instead of electricity.

I used a pin vice and drilled it by hand to 2.5mm, using a mark on the bit to gauge depth. Then I put a tiny dot of Araldite on the dull end of the tritium and pushed it in with a cocktail stick allowing the araldite to surround the rod completely so it is suspended evenly in a tiny layer of resin.

As long as you get the hole drilled right, it'll all sit fine.

Yeah, they're not gonna be compatible with all designs of sight unfortunately due to the depth. You can go in at a slight angle, but you really need a good hand and solid 3D spacial awareness. The last thing you want is tritium poking out the sides/front/bottom of your sight because of a misjudged angle.

I got the calipers on my XDM and that's ripe for the conversion, so that might be the next of mine to go nuclear.

Archived