Hephaestus Project T = Tavor TAR-21 GBB

rusTORK

Hephaestus confirmed that their "Project T" is Tavor TAR-21 GBB.

Here is last photo:

1655462_640579232719312_2944844736799420

Before that photo was only available render.

10687515_621464257964143_125186108793117

There is no any information about tech specs, but as Hephaestus said - "...It will be compatible with some GBB magazines currently available on the market...". I bet it will be GHK magazines.

Good start of the 2015 year. :)

Hephaestus Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HephaestusAirsoft

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it wrong to hope for a drop in kit for current Ares/S&T models?

It's a good and right question.

IF Hephaestus TAR-21 GBB internals designed around ARES\S&T Body Shell - it will be EXCELLENT. That way people may get ARES Body any color (TAN, BK, OD) and get awesome markings. At the same time Hephaestus don't need any licenses for release TAR-21 GBB. They may just release blank body shell.

I call that type of R&D "Scavenger". Assembling new weapon from already existed, factory manufacturing parts with small DIY Kit.

We will find out only when Hphaestus release more photos at least.

IF Hephaestus TAR-21 GBB internals designed around ARES\S&T Body Shell - it will be EXCELLENT. That way people may get ARES Body any color (TAN, BK, OD) and get awesome markings.

This is what I think will happen, for one simple reason - the high cost of injection moulds. For a run of (say) 100-500 guns at most - although I expect this will be much more popular with the all-important USDM than the Groza - it's simply too expensive to make complex moulds. My guess is that this will be designed to take GHK magazines and the ARES bodyshell.

And boy do I want one.

DAMN, look's like they don't use ARES body shell.

Looks like you're right. However, aren't the ARES and the S&T basically analogous to 'pro-line' and 'sport-line'? As in, if it fits the S&T, shouldn't it fit the ARES? We'll have to hope they don't have to modify the shell beyond what an amateur could do.

Looks like you're right. However, aren't the ARES and the S&T basically analogous to 'pro-line' and 'sport-line'? As in, if it fits the S&T, shouldn't it fit the ARES? We'll have to hope they don't have to modify the shell beyond what an amateur could do.

They are the same apart from a few differences; like other parts in the gearbox, optional EBB en the fact that the S&T has the battery up front (which can easily be done with the Ares as well).

One point though. Ares and S&T both have pro line and sport line.

Main difference? the pro is a strong polymer, the sportline is simple ABS plastic.

I personally prefer the X-95/M-Tar both by looks and the placement of the mag release. Im always afraid of accidentally pushing the mag release with the back of my hand on the normal Tavor. And Im sure no one wants to drop their gas mag because of a wrong move. As for the S&T bodies, I only saw the sportline versions and those look really glossy and nothing like the real one. But even the proline isn't that expensive. Tough I would prefer making it as real as possible, after all it's a GBB and only sacrifice for performance.

For more clarity, ARES and S&T are 2 different companies. S&T was roumored to have been started by disgruntled ARES engineers.

But anyway, S&T make all the Umarex/Elite Force AEGs. Both pro and sportlines.

Remember how the ARES sportline tayvers have polycarb gearbox shells and the S&T sportline tayvers have metal gearbox shells? Thats enough proof right there to keep in mind.

oh, I forgot to add, the EF proline tayver bodies are just as nice as ARES.

If the new gun uses GHK mags I would rather call it "GHK system" than WA system, despite GHK mags can be used on WA guns I personally call it not ideal, the gas cut-off mech in GHK is on the gun rather than on the mag a-la WA.

Anyway, awesome GHK mags on new gun(s), why not? :P

P.S. Y U no make X95??????? :(

I love the Tavor, I looked at getting one a couple of years ago and saw an S&T on sale at an event. I picked it up to get a feel for it and the whole thing flexed and twisted as I pulled it into the shoulder.

So yeah, S&T = does not want.

Not a single Ares-hate rage-post? Cmon, you guys can do better, "let it all out..."

I suppose I understand these different models but really don't understand why anyone would buy a brand make cheapo-line over a full metal ACM.

If I were buying a GBB I imagine I'd go for the most realistic and best quality model cause GBB in my books is the final step towards realism and Hephaestus in my books is one of the best if not the very best brand out there.

I'd hate to see it made from any lesser then the Ares is.

However, GBBs still are like italian super cars. You love the looks, the noise, the performance and the feeling but you get goosebumps when you think all that money spent on it and hate the fact that something is always broken and expensive to fix... And how is that old mercedes still in my tail after all these laps?! (read: tuned AEG)

Future looks good.

AUG PL0X

SG55x PL0X.

Not really. Hephaestus building their TAR around existed magazine (M4 mag). It's way easy then develope magazine from zero. Like they trying to do with OTs-14 9x39mm mag.

Two very close next projects are:

1. Galil GBB (b'coz it's modded AK system + new magazine shell. Depending of success with OTs-14 magazine);

2. FN F2000 GBB (same as TAR - build weapon around existed magazine).

I'm confident given the overall cost involved, many more would like it than dislike it.  Most airsofters are not the types to dwell on niche-interest forums and get bent out of shape over minor details on guns; despite the impression one might receive if they spend a lot of time on various online discussion sites.

Airsoft manufacturers do not, overall, build guns for purists.  As with most businesses, they're in it to make a profit and you don't have to search hard to find lots of people griping about various guns that don't accept the magazines they already have (see discussion threads r.e. the TM SOPMOD family).

Archived