KSC PM (Heavy Weight) GBB (Makarov pistol) on it's way!

rusTORK

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On that eHobby page I am loving the fail of "unique trigger that needs releasing fully to fire next round".

It's simple... your know Double Action, right? It's act the same, but also move slide back and loading new round in the chamber and fire. LOL

It's gonna be LOOOOOOOG Trigger Pull.

I more like next:

Powerful CO2 offer 428 FPS out from the box (fits on 12g CO2 cartridge)

If your will find where to insert CO2 cartridge. =)

Well, Im thinking about it this way. The KSC makarov on Ehobby is the KSC Taiwan version, not the KSC Japan version. You can tell from the box which says made in Taiwan, and has a restriction label on it excluding Japan.

This would mean, most likely, that its the same as the KWA version. So if the KSC Taiwan version is plastic, then so is the KWA, as they are generally identical with the exception of the markings.

The KSC Japan one is made of Heavyweight ABS and has a completely different finish to it then the KSC Taiwan version as well as different markings.The HW ABS has a very flat finish and you can easily see the metal parts against it (Trigger, hammer, trigger guard, safety, etc) as they have a metallic finish. On the Taiwan version, everything looks the same.

Well nevermind. I was in the middle of writing a first impressions review when suddenly the makarov stopped shooting. It now takes 3-4 trigger pulls for the trigger to actually release the hammer.

It seems like I may have gotten a lemon. thats very unfortunate for what has to be one of the first models received in the western world. But I would have to advise caution to anyone thinking of ordering one, It didnt even last long enough for me to get chrono results.

Edit:

After a bit more use trying to sort out the problem, the gun is now completely inoperable. The trigger completely fails to release the hammer. This did not include anything other then removing the slide from the frame and looking at the action. I think anyone in the market for a makarov might be doing themselves a favor by opting for the WE, which has been failure free since i got it. Strange times when a WE works better then a ksc.

I've waited since 2012 for this release. So Im actually having a hard time coming up with words for how disappointed I am that arent just a bunch of strung together swears in a potentially made up language. Being a KSC, i am very doubtful I could hop e for any warranty and i have no idea where i would even ask about it.

After the LM4 and AKGs that ate themselves, i honestly feel like I cant even recommend kwa or ksc as a reliable brand anymore. And thats a damned shame because they used to be one of the few companies that were practically bullet-proof. It really feels wierd saying that the WE is the better option....

Dang, so much for me going for the classic look, the PMM it is then.

Was never a KSC/KWA anyway due to various previous experiences but after how bloody long this has been kicking around that level of fail just doesn't cut it with me.

'FireKnife'

Oh, a part did just fall out in the past few minutes. it seems to be part of a brass bushing that was completely crushed beyond recognition. Which is interesting since it hadnt been out of the box more then an hour or so and had less then 20 shots through it.

This is without a doubt the lowest quality gun I have ever seen, and I saw more then enough WE Hi-capas when i was a shop tech.

I seriously think everyone should give this gun a miss. I know i probably just sound bitter but this is just exceptionally poor. Theres no excuse for breaking that quickly.

Could just well be a lemon though or a product of being too hurriedly assembled seeing as how the earlier plastic versions still seem to be doing ok. At any rate, you're only down $125 and there's a good chance the broken part pops up as an OEM or improved product by RA-Tech and the like.

Well after a complete disassembly down to the springs and pins, a lot of swearing, and some vodka ( clearly the most important part) I managed to get it working again.

I couldnt really say exactly what the problem was so i expect it to pop back up again. My best guess is that one of the springs slipped out where it wasnt supposed to. The entire assembly of the hammer pack is actually kind of loose fitting and seems like that could easily happen. I also had to hone down the edges of the sear and hammer as they were literally biting each other.

Apparently the part which fell out was not a part of the gun, as I couldn't find any broken parts, nor any made of brass.so Im at a loss to explain that. At the very least I now fully understand the internal assembly, which couldn't hurt if anyone else has a problem. And I still advise caution to any potential early adopter, because i still cant explain why this one broke, let alone how to fix it.

I have a sneaking suspicion it was a crushed piece of brass from the flange of a snap faster that was likely stuck to my jacket. And just happened to fall off when i was disassembling the gun. Since i do a lot of work on tactical gear, its not out of the question that i could have picked that up in my shop when i put my jacket down. It sure did look like a broken part though especially when it bounced off the desk at just the right time.

But again, I couldnt find any broken parts inside the gun, nor anything that was even made of brass. I had assumed it was a crushed bushing, however, even on the parts diagram there are no bushings.

OK, so I *think* Ive sorted it. The sear and hammer engaged just slightly too well (The sear had a nearly knife edge), perhaps that would have worn itself in, however the pressure from the trigger bar didn't have enough upwards force to disengage them. I dressed the sear with a stone to add a small radius which helps it disengage more easily. Secondly, I believe I figured out that random part that seemed to have fallen out, and found it may not actually be listed on the parts diagram, which would explain why I couldn't figure out what it was.

That part could have been a small bushing or spacer between the trigger bar and the trigger itself, where the "pin" from the trigger bar goes into the trigger. The slot cut out into the barrel assembly there is much larger in diameter then the diameter of the pin from trigger bar. This means that theres a bunch of empty space which allows the trigger bar to flex, bend, and pop out of the trigger, and the only thing preventing the trigger from moving past its intended travel is the trigger guard physically being in the way. When tilted down, the trigger moves well past its usual travel.

However, there is no part listed on the parts list for this, its just glaringly missing. Without it, the trigger bar can basically just wiggle its way out of the trigger at the slightest impediment. Again, looking at the gun itself its very obvious there needs to be something there, But theres no part listed. Considering how much better it works with it installed though, Im going to assume this is the part that fell out ( I could be wrong still).

I made a bushing out of some aluminum and fit it into place and the trigger travel is now normal with or without the trigger guard in position. We'll see how it fares over the next few days. Ive already fired  200 or so shots through it with no further issues though.

Archived