Cardboard airsoft guns?

harborne blue

WHY THE *fruitcage* DO YOU HAVE AN ORANGE TIP IF YOU ARE SELLING IN THE UK?

Seriously, these guys did NOT do their research.

"Just like a real assault rifle""Just like a real assault rifle""Just like a real assault rifle""Just like a real assault rifle""Just like a real assault rifle""Just like a real assault rifle""Just like a real assault rifle""Just like a real assault rifle""Just like a real assault rifle""Just like a real assault rifle""Just like a real assault rifle""Just like a real assault rifle""Just like a real assault rifle""Just like a real assault rifle"

Haha, liking the background pic of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on the main page.

I bet they paid all the royalties for that :P.

But on a serious note this is just silly, I mean I know we obssess about silly guns that fire plastic pellets but come on, this isn't even trying.

'FireKnife'

Now that we're on the subject of VCRA covering non-airsoft items, how come the VCRA isn't enforced on airguns?

http://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/air-pistols/co2-powered-air-pistols/walther-cp88-4-black/288

Anybody over 18 could buy this.

All you have to prove is age (so identifaction card, eg. drivers license) and you're good to go.

This seems to repeat itself across all airgun shops i can find.

These guns aren't worth the effort that went into making them. They look terrible, the way he's holding it the ergonomics are awful, made from cardboard? That's not going to last long.

Cheep shell ejecting gun? Good luck with reliability.

Spit wads for ammo? Good luck with your accuracy!

Spit wads for ammo? Good luck with reliability!

Spit wads for ammo, how very hygienic.

Spit wads for ammo, seriously? Seriously!

I'd not be surprised if they hit the shelves before anyone mentions the VCRa to them.

And the orange muzzles just annoy me, they are for US federal law, they aren't a thing anywhere else in the entire world.

I never thought I'd be this angry at a gun....

Now that we're on the subject of VCRA covering non-airsoft items, how come the VCRA isn't enforced on airguns?

http://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/air-pistols/co2-powered-air-pistols/walther-cp88-4-black/288

Anybody over 18 could buy this.

All you have to prove is age (so identifaction card, eg. drivers license) and you're good to go.

This seems to repeat itself across all airgun shops i can find.

Because airguns are legally recognised as potentially lethal, and are therefore under separate laws to arisoft/RIF/toys/props and also different laws to real guns.

Yup, that odd area between airsoft (needs a defence) and a true firearm (needs licensing etc) where you only have to prove age and if I recall make the purchase face to face in a store for all store based purchase.

Saying that airguns also have other practical uses that airsoft can't match and firearms are too dangerous for like small rodent pest control and small animal hunting. It seems that people are more content with airguns but put off my airsoft and real firearms for various reasons.

'FireKnife'

However, I don't recall RIFs/IFs being specific to the material something is made from (regarding the wood guns)?

Plus 'wood' doesn't count as a colour or clear body so I bet somewhere out there on Youtube or some idiot forum is an argument over how this is a RIF and needs a 'license' :P.

To us lot though, it is clearly not a RIF.

'FireKnife'

The interesting point is that if you shoot harder than VCRA, entirely defined as such, the rifle is VCRA exempt, because it is regarded by a different set of laws. As you said.

From reading around, i'm not the first one to wonder about this, and police opinion touches on this, and defines it like this, too.

So in theory you could tune your BA or (SA only!) AEG to over 2,5J and be VCRA exempt. In theory. So far.

You'd be subject to some other laws though.

And it's probably not very practical either on UK fields.

(3 levels: 0-2,5J = VCRA, 2,5-16,3J = airgun, 16,3J+ = firearm)

Plus 'wood' doesn't count as a colour or clear body so I bet somewhere out there on Youtube or some idiot forum is an argument over how this is a RIF and needs a 'license' :P.

To us lot though, it is clearly not a RIF.

And I quote:

[splinter Sell]cannot sell them to UK residents because of laws restricting the sale of replica guns.

'Them' being these:

P9244584.jpg

P9244569.jpg

The interesting point is that if you shoot harder than VCRA, entirely defined as such, the rifle is VCRA exempt, because it is regarded by a different set of laws.

Yup, that's exactly my assessment of it too.

And I quote:

'Them' being these:

I think you missed the sarcasm of my comment but yes, while they may come under a RIF I am sure if you asked most people they would not consider it in the same manner as say a RIF AEG. But then we all know the system is flawed.

'FireKnife'

Archived