PTS PDR-D finally. (oh yea it's also GBB)

kagami

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't Magpul go in a hissy fit? And will they only be making that version or the old thumbhole PDR too?

Wait, says gas blowback but uses TM recoil shock mags?!?

Where does it say tm recoil mags? The picture just says tm style which more than likely just means standard tm compatible ones. Especially as it says EPM compatible as they're their replacement for the old aeg Pmags.

Finally indeed. The PDR-D was mentioned and a similar pic shown at the 2013 shot show, PTS/KWA is juse slow to release stuff. Think there's a pic of the lower floating around somewhere as well.

Side profile looks rather KSG like, but think most people would prefer the look of the PDR-C profile with that integrated front grip, glad they're making both models.

Though not fond of getting new set of gas mags...

It says it right in the picture "ERG EPM magazine with adjustable 30 or 60 round capacity" but it's probably a typo cut n pasted from the ERG Gun Specs.  Sadly they son't seem to be making an ERG Version of this, quite fancied one for CQB. Bummer!

EPM M4 Magazine (GBBR)

Features:
GBBR magazine holds 38 rounds.
Compatible with any LM4-based M4 GBBRs, including those by PTS, KSC and KWA.
Comes in a full range of colors including Black, Flat Dark Earth OD Green, Urban Gray and others.

Spec:
Weight: 700g (approx.)
Size: 185 x 85 x 30mm (approx.)

Part No. TBA
Color Code: 07 Black / 13 Dark Earth
MSRP: TBA

Okay so I guess I'm totally out of the loop? I get that Magpul PTS went bye bye as Magpul was getting bad rep from people using the PTS products on RS stuff. So is this a whole new PTS that just is using the same design language? Or is PTS now a subsidy of KWA as a "professional training" line or some sort? Either way the PDR-D looks super cool. If it's going the route of being like a gas in reservoir system in the stock that'd make it perfect for an HPA setup. 

PTS dropped the 'Magpul' part a long time ago, same company has carried on, just doing other stuff.  I presume since you can't mount a PTS gun on your real gun Magpul Industries didn't mind licensing for entire weapons.

The full line up is listed in the catalogue of course, but everything that's GBB is using the LM4 system as with previous PTS gas weapons and there's plenty to come.  They mentioned (possibly showed, can't recall) the gas/recoil ACR at previous SHOTs and they've also said they'd be replacing the Magpul line-up with their own designs over time; hence the EPM, the new pistol grip/stock/VFG, new sling point etc.  I think the ATOM Glock side and other mounts from Unity Tactical are pretty sweet new additions as well.

The problem was never the Magpul PTS parts but the clones. The factory kept getting calls from people who had bought "Magpul" stocks or whatever and had problems. Subsequently they would turn out to be fakes.  So they decided the best way to stop the clones was to pull out of airsoft, then anything coming into the states is obviously a fake and seized by customs. Problem solved, sorry airsofters.

So Magpul PTS which was always a separate company changed there name to Professional Training Syndicate and started to develop other product lines.. Magpul has subsequently let them license certain thinks for a short period of time.  As CK said full guns are not a problem, neither a airsoft mags be they ERG/AEG or GBB.  They are know gradually bringing out there own stock pistols grips and other licensed products.

At the moment all PTS Guns are made by KWA so if there a GBB they are LM4 Technology and if AEG they are the fantastic ERG.

I'm really surprised to see new Magpul-related guns being released by PTS, it's good to know the PDR is still on the table, hopefully they'll eventually release it's integrated flashlight.

What I really didn't see coming though, was the new Masada ERG, it really is a blast from the past from uscmCorps' 2009 Masada thread where, among many other things, an EBB Masada ACR was discussed; I wonder if both the new Masada ERG and GBBR retain some level of compatibility with parts from the previous Masada AEG's (hopefully some of the AEG externals are compatible).

'Fraid not, AFAIK PTS have just replicated the two version that Magpul Industries designed.  The C being the super-space-saver type for aircrew etc and the D.. well I've read stuff that implies it could've been aimed at use as a primary weapon for certain situations and being an 11.5" barrel running 556 and adding a manual safety over the C variant that's actually quite feasible.

Archived