Incentive Designs EDD: Multi Shot BFG

kithooton

Very interested. I'll send you a msg Chris.

Fire away mate.

I haven't ever heard the don't touch thing in a briefing but I agree it should be obvious.

I just pointed out what my first thought was in terns of the multishot. As for not following it in that's not what I was meaning.

it's just I have seen a fair few times in cqb people throw the bang in and the defense drop back out of range or into hard cover before repulsing the attack.

It isn't a case of not following it in just a well entrenched defense can hold onto a room even when fragged.

Never?  Surprising, that's been in the brief of every single site I've attended, presumed it was a universal rule to be honest.

If you chuck the thing and follow it only to get shot.. well you tried, that's the idea end of the day and as you'll know that issue is one with CQB and grenade use in general.  But anyway, a lot of places I play have really small little rooms so the defenders won't have anywhere to fall back and survive.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More timed bfg options would be

nice ,especially if they could be made a little smaller and quicker to load.

I agree! RC should really mass produce his project, especially if on 9mm blanks. 

The way I see impact grenades are the same as the way I see 30 rps high cap auto winding guns, yeah sure, you can use them, it's allowed, but BFGs give you exactly 0 seconds to escape, which is extremely unrealistic, no one is going to invent a grenade (irl, if we're talking about airsoft as a simulation game) which blows your hand off if you don't retract your arm after a throw within 0.5 seconds. It's also more dangerous due to their extra weight required to set off unlike timed ones which RC has demonstrated can be made extremely light... and of course you can roll them too. 

I too wish there were more delay-fuzed grenades on the market. The TRMR's nice, don't get me wrong, but fundamentally I can't slide it along the floor easily or bounce it off walls without it going off prematurely. The airsoft grenade market is prime for innovation, although I'm not sure the EDD is it...

514Grenades_AB.jpg

imo dynatex timed bfg's could have been made with a variable timed mechanism by adjusting the size of the 'jet' hole in the piston, they just weren't bc the designer was trying to keep costs to a minimum and a variable delay wasn't a critical factor. making the grenade as cheaply as possible so he could get it to market was critical

just with what we have now with the dynatex design it would be possible to have several different bore sizes and therefore many options of how long a time delay might work. when u buy ur grenade u select either a 2 second delay or 3, 4 etc. if u want to change the delay on your grenade just swap out the internal piston for a slower/faster one. this is possible currently but changing pistons would require the tools to take a timed bfg apart and that makes it a 'safezone' only kind of deal, however if the grenades were made with a 'quick change piston' feature then it might be do-able in game.

Electronic timer, spring loaded firing pin and micro solenoid in a polymer body.

Job done lol.

Jim

do you have a design or working example for your 'job done' bc i'd like to visualise your idea to consider if it would stand up to the rigours of airsofting

i suspect that its a bit more complex than that which is why different companies have been working on this for years and still have not managed to produce the 'perfect' device that ticks everybody's boxes

me, im happy with my dynatex bfg's. they work well enough and they are robust enough to last.  i have 4 bfg's and in 10 years+ of using them regularly i have only had 2 problems, both easily fixed by having the grenade serviced at minimal cost. so if your idea for a grenade is as reliable as that then im all ears

Hi Guys.

Thank you for the great response in our product. Very excited.

Below are 3 Videos moulded in one from our Facebook Page and Group for Youtube.

Hope it shows you guys more information about the product and a table top review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_2fWQDvlJo

interesting video

looks like a well made unit

wouldnt ear protection have been more useful than eye pro for those tests? 

does your device have insurance company approval?

i'd agree that throwing a grenade back isnt in the spirit of the game and that ideally you follow a grenade into a room (well technically its your support thats supposed to follow your grenade not you) but in airsoft things dont always work out like that and some ppl will not play with the same sense of sportsmanship that you do. so im expecting that people will return grenades if you give them the chance.

I played a very civilised game the MGC The Gaol last year where everytime I used my Dynatec Impact, if I died or we failed to take a room for whatever reason an enemy player would ask if I wanted the grenade back out and roll it out to our team so I could reload it walking to my respawn, at most sites that doesnt happen! And a few sites have had issues with bfgs being stolen, UCAP Sandpit announced last year that you couldn't use them unless permanently mark with your name to try and avoid that sort of thing happening.

I think one of the manufacturers actually offered free engraving on their products too.

Jim

I think one of the manufacturers actually offered free engraving on their products too.

My TRMR was laser engraved by JD airsoft.

My VTG I had to engrave the spoon myself, as the local engraving shop got a bit twitchy and wouldn't do it.

Hi guys just to let you in on a bit of informatin that just came my way.

Another multi bang grenade is gonna be release by a UK Airsoft Company within two weeks.  It will be retailing at £90 and will fire Shotgun Primers or 9mm Kurtz blanks.

What this space for more details.

CK maybe where I played it was just assumed people wouldn't think it was ok to mess with gear. I would never even think about messing with a big belonging to someone else especially with game breaking intent.

I have thrown bfg's back to the owners afree then have gone off before.

Multiple options would be nice so I will keep an eye out for this 90 quid multishot.

As for grenades in general is there a real impact detonated frag or flash bang on the market?

I have also wondered whether a remote detonated thrown device could be built. Been playing too.much inquisitor I think but it could be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys just to let you in on a bit of informatin that just came my way.

Another multi bang grenade is gonna be release by a UK Airsoft Company within two weeks.  It will be retailing at £90 and will fire Shotgun Primers or 9mm Kurtz blanks.

What this space for more details.

Would this happen to be it?

*Pic Deleted*

Not wanting to spoil the Op's thread with rival products

Just had a full refund from ID, the paypal message says they've decided to withdraw the product entirely based on the Alpha-Tec being much cheaper.  Seems odd on the one hand seeing as neither have been really tested yet in the hands of players, but I guess they didn't want to put the financial investment in to something that might not sell (which is quite understandable).

What?

That is a pretty stunning capitulation, considering they must have invested hundreds of hours and considerable sums of money to get them to this stage. Did they launch this product without having made any of them yet? Or are they just going to stick boxes of hundreds of these things in the warehouse from the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark and forget about them? No-one even knows if the frankly hideous Alpha-Tec works properly yet.

Archived