SHOT Show thread

johny_blaze

Noice; like I was hoping, there's now a huge number of new airsoft SHOT 2015 videos popping out with a lot more detailed information on individual products, time to check'em out.

Yeah, feel free to post up some links if you find any decent videos.

Just spotted one for the "American PTW." $2800 per gun. I'm laughing, vomiting and crying at the same time. I call it "lacromitting."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Not the first one"? I've seen flintlock pistols for sale a couple of years ago, but a musket? That's a first.

Also, yes, I wouldn't mind a Winchester either. I think that Gunfire mumbled something about their return a while back, but I might have confused things.

Been around for at least three years.  Came out shortly after KTW's pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5E74083yPM

Strangely enough, Mach Sakai just recently made a view on this "flintlock" (which he fires faster than most people with actual bolt action replicas).  I suppose the show brought more attention to it.

I was expecting to see G&G change the nomenclature of their new products like they have done with other models.  I imagine the confusion if they labeled the mg42 "FG42".

Though I personally didn't deal with them, from what I've seen with their Scorpion EVO release, their aftermarket customer service has been unparalleled (even here on Arnies, on the Scorpion thread), I was extremely pleasantly surprised so you might be in luck if you contact them.

The person replying in this thread is a PR employee of ASG.

All the respect for this person, but he does not represent their customer service.

And if you notice, he told people to contact the shops where they bought it, not ASG.

The customer service is between the shops and ASG, not the end customer and ASG.

They really are a 100x better to get parts from than various asian companies,  but they can turn on a dime and not give a care in the world sometimes.

Notice how nobody got the loose stock issue fixed by ASG?

Yeah.

The person replying in this thread is a PR employee of ASG.

All the respect for this person, but he does not represent their customer service.

And if you notice, he told people to contact the shops where they bought it, not ASG.

The customer service is between the shops and ASG, not the end customer and ASG.

In my case, that "PR person" put me in contact with the area Customer Service Manager, which solved my problem himself. The customer service from the shop was inexistant, and ASG didn't hesitate in solving the problem directly. They have never denied me direct help, actually.

• 3 weeks later...

Also out at Ehobby with a much better price tag.

EbairSoft's pricing system is unusual in that the price (which will typically look larger in comparison with HK retailers' at first glance) already includes worldwide shipping costs, the "free shipping" deal is basically a way for them to say there's no further charges and what you see is the end price (not accounting for unrelated customs charges, of course).

Is it worth it? That is a matter of checking the final prices at various retailers for individual products to see where it would be best to get the goods from. Ordering from EbairSoft will often save you money, but in some cases the same product will be cheaper on other HK retailers (the end price, with shipping), etc.

EDIT:

And in this case, since KWA is a Taiwanese manufacturer, it would be probably better to have a look at Taiwanese retailers as well.

Archived