Russian full steel 12 Ga shell ejecting 870 shotgun

Lancaster

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Primers have to be off ticket the amount of 209 shotgun primer using bfg's around.

I'd be curious if firing deformed the shells at all. Similarly if they require a wad and crimp/paper disc top like the aps one does I wonder if you could adapt a cheap reloading machine to do it.

Something like a Lee load all. And just use it to deprime the hull resize the deprimed hulls feed the wadding in place fill with bbs crimp then cap.

My guess is that you cut the folded plastic on the front of the shell, take the primer out, place a wad at the bottom, fill with BBs, place another wad at the top and you are ready to go. The nozzle goes into the primer's space and blows air against the rear wad, propelling everything out.

It's a simple and clever system, and readying shells shouldn't take too long.

Guys the 14J was mentioned as the joule limit for their paintball law same as was the 3J for airsoft. Nothing solid was mentioned of the actual numbers.

As it uses co2, it's some 56bar/800+ psi at 68'f/20'c what would come out of it. Easy way to control the pressure is to have a regulator thus an external line (or possibly like this paintball m4 for those allergic to the hose). Regulator also keeps the liquid co2 out of the system as that is usually not desirable. Other is how fast&long the valve is held open which is much harder to adjust than dialing a regulator.

All in all considering how the bbs & how many are launched it's not that different to a 40mm with a paintball type shell. FPS wise the barrel is much longer and has much less volume than say a full length m203, so it could be possible for the bbs to use the expanding co2 to the full effect. That is if the wadding is done properly.

Thinking as a player it's not that common to blast people near point blank with a m203 but with a shotgun it goes without saying. Now that the two would had the equal effect how fun would that be in the receiving end is to experienced.

Guys the 14J was mentioned as the joule limit for their paintball law same as was the 3J for airsoft. Nothing solid was mentioned of the actual numbers.

Correct. 400fps been sought by the designer (I assume this is maximum feasible yet safe power for such system)

Power level wise I think this would be fine for the  UK. Regulator etc aside the lack of an inner barrel(s) means that each pellet will be going relativly slowly (if moscarts, APS is anything to go by) and also the bb's will be decelerating by the time they leave the muzzle.

So are we talking about a full steel Remington 870 replica that takes RS 12G hulls as the shell? Using a Maruzen style BV system?

If so that is FREAKING awesome!!! I will buy one. 

As for buying shotgun ammo legally you must present your licence to purchase but once purchase anyone can hold/transport them and they can be stored anywhere. 

Rifle ammo is difficult licence must be presented and the rounds must be locked away only an FAC holder may handle them. 

Surprised that you could buy shells without presenting license. At my old, old work I'd have got fired for that straight up. As banks said (slightly off topic) on the FAC rounds purchased are added to your FAC. I've heard of people having their FAC taken away because they weren't buying rounds and so it was determined that they no longer "needed" a firearm. 

Wow, didn't pay attention to this but I'm glad I did now. Hulls are cheap in the states ($10/100, maybe even cheaper non-primed or just taking them from skeet ranges), plus felt wads are even cheaper ($10/250). For a ~$100 upkeep you're pretty much set for shotgun use for half a year. Almost positive that this will be legal at least in the US.

So much better than APS's option. Sorry CAM870, you might have to take a backseat to this sucker once it comes out :)

I don't expect international sales soon as Uralskaya Kuznitsa is not a conventional manufacturer. Today it's a small company making 2 main product lines -  full steel miniguns and pneumatic mortars. As far as I've heard they're going to expand for 870 shotgun by adding one dedicated workshop in order to keep existing production volume of heavy guns and not to mash people between the projects

37659f3acf5b.jpg
6ee10187fc1b.jpg
6d9f85b4c7ec.jpg
ffc4ea8369b8.jpg
cad42ba64e33.jpg
c81137edd2b5.jpg
3543b8b91c5f.jpg

But for some airsofters like Blobface there are no borders and barriers when looking for unique gun ;-)

You have to be careful depriming primed hulls that havnt been shot. You can set off a primer if you hit it too hard too fast. Unless that's not how shotgun primers work?

can't you buy non primed hulls?

on loading, I would imagin you could just leave on the crimped part of the shell. Just wad the hull, dump in some bbs, and fold the crimped part down. I can't imagin CO2 wouldn't be able to push it open.

Archived