WE Scar H

kaufmau

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's out in Hong Kong.  Darklite and I were looking at it in the HK WE Airsoft dealer's shop today.

Internally it is the same as the SCAR-L, with a longer bolt.  Only the tan version is out, the tan anodization is gold-ish like the SCAR-L.

Shop representative said it seems to shoot softer compared with the SCAR-L.

The barrel past the gas block isn't steel, but aluminium.  Therefore, there is a difference in the colour of the barrel behind and in front of the gas block.  It's "black" past the gas block to the muzzle, and "grey" behind the GB.

Inner barrel stops just past the gas block, so you can switch out the aluminium barrel extension to a short one (i.e. buy a VFC SCAR-H barrel extension if WE doesn't make one soon) and it'll work without the inner barrel extruding past the flash hider.

No information with regards to the Black SCAR-H yet.

Magazine holds 30 rounds.

Hong Kong prices are:
Gun = HKD 2,080
Mag = HKD 300

One thing to note is that the trigger has the proper SCAR shape now as opposed to the M4 style trigger in the SCAR-L.

I'm trying to work out if I want one.

I can only own so many and I'm already committed to a GBB 416 (with a long "DMR" upper and a shorter upper but both same power) a Recoil Shock 416 (for when gas refuses to play), SPR (unsure on TM Recoil or Gas), .338 AI, some form of AK and that's just my rifle wishlist

And of course WE might release a 417 GBB which would probably be my choice over the SCAR. Good job I have a while before that decision.

Throw in that pistol, that will come out of nowhere and make you want it just because.

I never do this.. Thinking I need another M&P9 in 5" flavour now.. Or a USP or both? I wish TM would hurry up and release the .45.. And this SCAR is niggling at me..

One thing to note is that the trigger has the proper SCAR shape now as opposed to the M4 style trigger in the SCAR-L.

Thats the one thing I couldn't get over when I had the L. Annoyed the out of me. I always noticed that WE's triggers, especially with the AR's, didn't look right. It's like they aren't shaped like milspec triggers.

Thats the one thing I couldn't get over when I had the L. Annoyed the ###### out of me. I always noticed that WE's triggers, especially with the AR's, didn't look right. It's like they aren't shaped like milspec triggers.

Iirc the proper shape was not possible with the box design.

Looking at the initial pricing we are seeing I would think it will normalize to around $290-$310 USD as it hits the shops across Asia.

Happy days for SCAR fans I guess.

Never like it myself. Big, heavy, bulky, less adaptable than an M4 platform. And the H is just like, *fruitcage* VHS sized mags :P

Oh well. I promote diversity either way :D

Can I have some insight as to why it is apparently well liked? :o

Well for a GBB  308 platform it MUST have more kick and higher power than the 556 platform, else we might as well go back to AEGs Haha

Thats why I like the VFC 417 so much, even the WE SVD and WE M14 being less accurate, both have nasty kick and power to boot.

Here are the specs:

Muzzle Velocity: ~425-430 FPS (Highest: 440 FPS, Lowest: 410 FPS) [using WE Green Gas at 25°C with 0.20g WE BB's)
Magazine Capacity: 30 Rounds
Gas Efficiency: ~80-90 rounds per magazine in Semi mode (*individual results may vary)

Gas efficiency seems ridiculous. Over on the GBB Gamer HK page there have been a few people getting into the high 90's. There was a nice full auto test where they got four mags off with continuous full auto. (Only stopping to load in more bb's.) Cool down was somewhat noticeable, but only after the second mag. 

Right now with shipping included the cheapest place to get the gun is UNcompany, who has already shipped mine apparently, and cheapest place for mags with shipping included is JK Army. Right now it seems UNcompany, Devgruology, JK Army and Run In Workshop. (For RIW they only seem to be available for special order as they come with laser etchings and identification stickers.) I'd suggest avoiding Devgruology if you can, their shipping prices were $100+ USD regardless of what you got.

Well for a GBB  308 platform it MUST have more kick and higher power than the 556 platform, else we might as well go back to AEGs Haha

Thats why I like the VFC 417 so much, even the WE SVD and WE M14 being less accurate, both have nasty kick and power to boot.

Definitely. What I'm really hoping for with a possible .308 platform is the same detail to size as we have with their .223/5.56 platform. The possibilities would be great.

Inner barrel stops just past the gas block, so you can switch out the aluminium barrel extension to a short one (i.e. buy a VFC SCAR-H barrel extension if WE doesn't make one soon) and it'll work without the inner barrel extruding past the flash hider.

Comes with two barrel extensions. One short and one long.

Maybe they reduced the density of the bolt so it wouldn't impede performance as much? Or it's a more massive bolt but with the same nozzle as the SCAR-L so it has smaller volume/mass ratio.

Sorry, can't tell you more.  I wasn't allowed to take it apart unless I bought one :(

Archived