Ace 1 Arms Glock slide kits SAI RMR T1, T3, Costa etc. for WE and TM

NonEx

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lookie what I just got in the mail today! :D

My host HK Glock 23 GEN4 pistol!

nx_glock_19_a1a_sai_t1_rmr.JPG

Nice and smooth installation. Drop in fit. The nozzle returl spring was a bit iffy but I managed. Videos coming later today.

Got a Guarder Glock 19 TM style custom magazine for it. Fits nicely. I switched out the included curved rubber for the OEM WE flat rubber on the OEM magazine. Got 30-40 solid shots out of it on a fill of gas!

Will try the Guarder magazine with stock rubber and see how it performs with that. I am hoping it doesn't make a differense but I think it will.

Cycles smoothly even right after installation. Blowback and kick was nice and crisp, kicks quiet a bit thanks to the RMR at the back. :D

Very pleased!

No word on the screws yet :(

Semi on topic:

Two more videos processing as we speak :D

That should keep you happy until yours arrive DJ_komodo :P

Also if anyone else gets dud hex screw in their kit, they are MF6S M3X8mm aka DIN 7991, ISO 10642 .

Couple of things...

Hex screw at front of recoil guide rod seems to come loose during operation. We all know what the fix for that is! (Loctite, duh!)

I had some issue with the slide getting jammed up against the outer barrel. Video coming on that tomorrow.

But I think I figured it out.

The inner barrel and hop was a very snug fit in the outer barrel, and I think that it's related to this issue.

It's not the actual hop up unit being a snug fit, but rather the inner barrel in the o-ring inside the outer barrel.

I put some silicone oil on the outside of the inner barrel and ran it in and out a few times (lol ?) in the outer barrel, and now it seems a lot better.

I can still force it to happen though.

It seems to be a intermittent issue. But when I test fired it, it didn't happen. Only now when manually racking the gun.

Again, video coming tomorrow on this. :o

Oh yeah. I fixed the slide lock / release lever issue. 1-2 minutes with a file, gave a bit of a slant towards the rear and it's working just fine!

thanks:) something seems to be stuck or something as the slide is very sluggish, and  i have to push the slide forward every time i cycle the gun. I have taken it apart a few times but still the same result. its also seems the the nozzle gets stuck in the hop up but i don't know. I'm to tired to continue now so i will be continuing tomorrow...

Well... Nozzle getting "stuck" in the hop up is actually normal and a good sign. Means you have a nice tight seal. Unless it's like, really seriously stuck.

As for the slide. When the slide gets stuck, try pushing the outer barrel into the gun, i.e. towards the back of the slide.

Also try racking it by pushing down on the slide towards the frame, and pulling up the slide from the frame, and see what happens.

Put some silicone on the outside of the inner barrel, to make it move more smoothly in the outer barrel.

But, slide being sluggish, I dunno. Mine was a drop in fit no prublems.

Perhaps a video of the issue?

Ok, a little update :) i discovered later on that I forgot to lube the gun with some grease and silicone oil, the nozzle and some other parts was dry as f&%k ;)

Work 8 hours, come home, prepare, sand, stipple, assemble, take apart & reassemble  for 5 hours makes you forget the simplest little things :nosleep:

Thanks for the info on lubing the inner barrel Nonex. Now it works like a dream, snappy little sucker, one of my new favorites...

Btw, the RS backstraps has a little different color tone and finish but fits without problems, and the beavertail ones fits to even if its a little loose on top without the little notch that you told me about:) More pictures with better quality coming soon...

Ok, a little update :) i discovered later on that I forgot to lube the gun with some grease and silicone oil, the nozzle and some other parts was dry as f&%k ;)

Work 8 hours, come home, prepare, sand, stipple, assemble, take apart & reassemble  for 5 hours makes you forget the simplest little things :nosleep:

Thanks for the info on lubing the inner barrel Nonex. Now it works like a dream, snappy little sucker, one of my new favorites...

Btw, the RS backstraps has a little different color tone and finish but fits without problems, and the beavertail ones fits to even if its a little loose on top without the little notch that you told me about:) More pictures with better quality coming soon...

Great news! Im sure you shared what stipple tool you use somewhere but for the life in me i cant find it, can you show us please? Want to try different way with next frame.

Btw, had no issues with the slide release as you described NonEx, but it was a little hard at first. Did order a guarder extended slide release though...

nope, I don't use stipple tools, just the point of a regular soldering iron and a steady hand :) Small and fast dots on random places.

5gj7.jpg

I isstalled the G17 Sai Rmt kit on my Tm G17 with:

GunsModify Slidelock, Zero Hammer 150% Spring, Slide Catch, Backplate
Maple leaf Monster 6,03 inner and Hopuprubber

0280lyrw.jpg
0304xzmj.jpg
02901xn6.jpg
The assembly of the BBU is really annoying In the end I Superglued the little G17 piece and a GM Slidebackplate with Glock markings (the A1A one looks aweful) onto the BBU.

Now it runs fine, but the finish of the sights, extractor, RMR and Slideplate is bad. It simply can not keep up with the good finish of the Slide and outer.

The inner sits really well in the outer with no wobble. Sadly the is also the first wear on the outer (pictures follow)

Tommorow I get a new We G17 and i am really interested how well the slide runs on it compared to the Tm G17 custom.

greetings

Good news on the gun DJ.

Strange that your slide lock worked fine... :o

I am rendering out videos now. Uploading and posting tomorrow.

But, please make sure to lubricate the outside of the inner barrel where it sits against the o-ring in the outer barrel. It makes a huge differense in how smooth it is!

Also, about sanding the stippling. You could if you feel it's too rough, just a few strokes to even it out a little.

Archived