VFC M40A5 GAS

Atsalakotos

Yes, pretty incredible that no big time manufacturer have yet released one with an internal reservoir (including expansion chamber for shot consistency) with optional fittings for external connection. Filling with co2 is so commonplace these days with co2 moscarts and whatnot.

I'm thinking about buying the VFC M40 (or a VSR-10 with the ModelWork stock) and fitting it with a Mancraft SDiK with a CO2 adapter and regulator in the stock. I find it bizarre that no manufacturer has tried that yet; it means a cheaper gun, cheap magazines, much greater consistency than GIM, and the ultralight bolt pull of a gas rifle.

I will probably buy the M40A3 spring version as soon as it gets back in stock @ ActionSportGames. 
I read at airsoftsniperforum.com that Mancraft was looking into the VFC M40A3 SDiK as well. No product out yet, but the difference should be very small. I think that only the cylinder head must be changed. 

I'm thinking about buying the VFC M40 (or a VSR-10 with the ModelWork stock) and fitting it with a Mancraft SDiK with a CO2 adapter and regulator in the stock. I find it bizarre that no manufacturer has tried that yet; it means a cheaper gun, cheap magazines, much greater consistency than GIM, and the ultralight bolt pull of a gas rifle.

Just bought a model work stock.. That's basically my plan!

I find it bizarre that no manufacturer has tried that yet; it means a cheaper gun, cheap magazines, much greater consistency than GIM, and the ultralight bolt pull of a gas rifle.

I believe Airsoft Systems announced a BASR with those characteristics, or very similar a couple of years ago. Im sorry I cant be more precise since gas systems and BASRs are not my expertise, but I think it might be good to have a look, just in case they decide to release it next decade

http://www.operator7airsoft.com/?p=1634

Just bought a model work stock.. That's basically my plan!

Build thread, please!

I believe Airsoft Systems announced a BASR with those characteristics, or very similar a couple of years ago.

That's quite similar, although theirs is propane (not CO2, although they do note a CO2 version) which is markedly less promising.

got a tanaka AICS PCS sitting around doing nothing. GIM is *suitcase* - and I'm minded to consider making a spring co2 (even externally lined) a bit of a downgrade. 

GIM is s*** - it's just far too inconsistent - but I don't agree that a converted spring rifle is a downgrade. To make a GIM gun consistent, you have to have an external rig - and that means tapping magazines, visible hose, superfluous components, and built-in inconsistency (routers and the like) plus considerable expense duplicating the gun's original ability. Even after all that work, the gun's not VSR-compatible, which means no access to the best sniper rifle aftermarket in airsoft, or more expense and labour converting it to use spring rifle components.

With sensible work an SDiK-converted VSR has no external hose and is VSR-compatible (which a converted GIM gun would and isn't respectively), and has an easy bolt pull and can adjust its muzzle velocity with a turn of the regulator (which a springer doesn't and couldn't respectively).

I will probably buy the M40A3 spring version as soon as it gets back in stock @ ActionSportGames. 

A buddy of mine bought a VFC M40A3 spring version, and were never able to find good heavy BB's for that. All BB's more that 0.3 get crushed and jammed in the feeding ramp. He tested various BB's such as Madbull and so on, but none of them work. The only one that worked was Green Devil' BB's, but they don't have heavier BB's then .30. I don't know if he got a lemon or not, but be careful. 

Build thread, please!

That's quite similar, although theirs is propane (not CO2, although they do note a CO2 version) which is markedly less promising.

You can see pictures of my model works stock in the Sniping Haven picture thread.. had it for three months now. Kinda heavy compared to the basic VSR sotck but feels very solid, zero flex in it anywhere..

• 3 weeks later...

They may well have put a real mst100 on there. There isn't one on the other M40 behind it leading me to believe they only have one. Unless they are indeed making a replica and this is the only prototype they have. 

As far as I am aware there definitely isn't a replica, I've spent a good long time searching for one or something that looks similar. 

Archived