• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you don't have to click through:

10410385_971569316200510_425021953848009

10982036_971569319533843_378923909277194

10989205_971569326200509_364809235518588

11021104_971569352867173_779850553387397

I've got to give WE their due. I think a lot of what they sell they make poorly, of low-quality materials, and to a deeply indifferent standard. I think the intrigue surrounding their various corporate entities is unprofessional, and I think their entire Nuprol gas range is a gigantic scam.

But they know how to get s*** done. Very few companies - perhaps no other companies - produce new models and variants with the kind of alacrity that WE can muster. We've been waiting on a GBB Thompson from King Arms for two years. We'd been waiting on a GBB Makarov from KWA for three years. WE just does, and even if I don't think I would buy literally anything they make, I have to respect that.

They have had the Thompson in the pipeline for a while now.  They had the prototype M14s pictured with their Thompsons.

It always takes a lot of time to develop new tech, though in saying that old world technologies like Stens, Sterlings, MP40s, MP5s, STG44s, AK47s should be able to be quickly developed and manufactured, since they were designed for rapid mass production using relatively unskilled labour anyways.

But yeah...wooo...new toys yay!

Man .. it's like christmas all up and in this WE R&D department .... I'm mucho happy about this.

I vaguely remember falling over into a catatonic Gungasm over the fact King Arms were making one but this may actually come out sooner so I must awaken from the GunGasm.

Every WE OB GBBR uses the same nozzle design and can use a RA-Tech NPAS.

No, that's not really right. That'd be like saying every pistol uses the same nozzle design. Sure, the base concept is there but it's changed to accommodate the different bodies. and magazines. Some models also use different float valves and aren't compatible with the NPAS without some modifications. Just use the FG Airsoft LFS rings or A+ Ramjet valves to lower FPS.

I haven't seen a WE rifle yet that doesn't take a standard ratech npas. Maybe the mp5? I haven't seen the inside of one of those yet.

Also, as far as cybergun, they couldn't really really have a leg to stand on legally. The Thompson was patented in the 1920's. Its well out of any kind of commercial protection. Cybergun could only own the license to use the name Auto Ordnance. Which wouldn't matter anyway as m1s weren't made by them anyway, they were redesigned by Savage Arms I believe.

And even Auto Ordnance might be dubious since the original company is defunct.

Yep, they can stick the basic WW2 era military markings on it (properly done, please...) and Cyber@£&! won't have a chance.

Also, reenactors will be lining the streets outside the shops. It will be an interesting sight... :)

I can't wait for this. Theres something about the Thompson I just love. Shot a real one in Vegas and its a pig, it is so rear heavy its untrue, firing off that massive .45 you get nothing but muzzle climb. I learnt early on to aim 4" lower than where you want to hit! lol Makes sense why soldiers often removed the stock. 

Yeah the alignment/design of the stock doesn't help the Thompson, then again neither is the ultra low sight to bore.  But thats why its a classic, during a time of pragmatism mixed with design philosopy and before weapon  designers figured human ergonomics was a factor in weapon design :P 

Unfortunately now with progress everything pretty much is the same look and feel....except for the abomination called the L85...

Thing which may kill both design is the cool down.  The KA looks to have spectacularly bad cooldown, and WE's haven't been spectacular in mitigating cooldown in their models (except for their G36s).  Aside from build construction performance will be dependent on the management of cooldown.

Hmmmm the MP5 holds up well to the cold, ran it semiauto/burst all last sunday in 5 - 7c worked flawlessly.

The thompson does have a small bolt and relativley large mags so it could perform well.

The G39s excellence came from a smallish light bolt with mutil stage magazines in a plastic shell + a polymer body.

KA yes but was a proto and look at their M4 - shocking.

L85s are fantastic! One of my favourite firearms bar the sheer weight! Feels more like a bloomin M60!

My reservations come from how they will implement a bolt stop, if its the same as the MP5 its not great they need a new system. GHK seem to have it golden with the AK series, if they copy that im happy

on my phone, my spelling will suck

From the look of the magazines in the facebook pictures, there is some form of bolt stop lever. And it doesnt look nearly as large as the mp5's. however the smaller engagement may come at a cost of faster breakage, as the WE SVDs suffer from the bolt stop ceasing function as parts wear out quickly. its not even a materials problem as steel would wear just as quickly were the two parts the same material. Its just that the parts barely make contact.

The GHK series is hardly perfect either, as it is almost impossible to switch the magazine to dry fire mode without a full disassembly. Trying to switch it without runs the risk of snapping the linkage arm..

GHK - pliers pull the lever back engages dry fire mode.. push it back in engages bolt lock. The rear lever has a strudy infinity hole.

Second who cares? As long as it functions as it should i.e fires when should and stops when bbs are empty = happy me.

Which i think works. Few companies have got RS based GBBRs that work. Look at VFC.

WE stuff works - well enough - works out the box. Then the extreme amount of aftermarket parts makes it better - if you know what your doing.

I have noticed that in one of the photos it has Hudson model gun markings.  I am wondering if they are using a Hudson model gun receiver as a base.  I hope it is compatible with RS wood parts and want to replace the rear sight with Lyman L-shaped one.

11021104_971569352867173_779850553387397

Archived