WE M1A1

NightFury

thinking about it, there is one thing that bothers me about WE making an m1a1. It would be the first open bolt weapon produced by them, And by that i mean it actually fires from an open bolt like a mac-11, and not the "open bolt" WE system thats actually still a closed bolt.

Judging from how other open bolt airsoft guns work like the kwa mac, and the kwc mini uzi, theyre very delicate systems generally. I would hop WE makes the valve knocker really beefy to avoid breaking. Or, really, I'd hope they just make it fire from a closed bolt and avoid problems entirely. Unrealistic yeah, but at least it would be less likely to break.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are we's guns for recoil say in comparison to the WA system or the KWA series.

As for the thompson I found it really easy to shoot the weight made the recoil and climb suprisingly easy to manage.

I love the look of the thompson and hopefully we will see some more open bolt weapons using the system. Maybe a grease gun or even a Sten.

I feel like the best solution to creating top- and side-loading GBB guns (like the Sten and the Bren and the FG42 for example to stay on WW2 here) is to create an internal reservoir in the receiver of the gun that is replenished when you put a mag in. This has some big limitations, obviously. Some guns may simply not have the internal space for such a reservoir, I think, is one of the biggest.

I feel like the best solution to creating top- and side-loading GBB guns (like the Sten and the Bren and the FG42 for example to stay on WW2 here) is to create an internal reservoir in the receiver of the gun that is replenished when you put a mag in. This has some big limitations, obviously. Some guns may simply not have the internal space for such a reservoir, I think, is one of the biggest.

Well, since the FG42 has a rather big stock, an internal tank shouldn't be a problem. Perhaps such a system makes it possible to have a working P90 as well?

M1A1 is the mass produced, typical WWII , cheaper, later version that I think sold at one time for something ludicrous like $40.  The M1928 is the one associated with gangsters.  Ribbed barrel, vertical grip, drum mag, top mounted charging handle, Cutts compensator, different rear sight among other stuff. 

According to The Grange crew who are out in Germany for the show, the GBB M1A1 and M1928 are both going into production and will be out this year. Trouble is, if they miss the Euro summer, that's a kick in the sales... Will believe it when I am holding one!

Any idea if the m1928 will include a drum mag, or is it all up in the air at this point?

• 6 months later...

Archived