Krytac Kriss Vector AEG

allizard

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First question - why? The platform seems way more interesting/fitting for a GBB, plus the internal space makes it extremely limiting for batteries (which seem like a necessity especially for high speed builds this thing might attract).

That said, will it be dimensionally different from the KWA one?

First question - why? The platform seems way more interesting/fitting for a GBB, plus the internal space makes it extremely limiting for batteries (which seem like a necessity especially for high speed builds this thing might attract).

Same dimension as the real Vector.   As for why AEG instead of GBB.  There is a demand for it so HQ decided to move ahead with the project.  

I understand your point, but there are people who like the vektor and electric powered uns or are not too fond of gas guns, I know some people, me among them, who wanted something like this for a along time and will buy the gun when released.

AEGs users deserve some love too =(

BTW: Thanks, Allizard for the great news, hope I can hold my impatience ^_^U 

because gbb will never, ever be as skirmishable as an AEG. and why not eh? 

edit: you live in Houston so yeah ambient temp gonna be a bit higher then our dreary island

Where the *fruitcage* are they fitting everything??  Once you take all the space for the magwell out of the picture there's bugger all room left, and what there is is a really, really odd shape not conducive to an AEG gearbox.  Is this just an AEP?  I mean if they've done it somehow then well done, I'm just struggling to see where there's room for the spring/cylinder/piston in-line behind that barrel, given where the feed area of the magazine will sit.

I don't really get the 'Why not GBB?' comments, it's not like it hasn't been done in a GBB form already which granted isn't available now unless you find a shop with some stock left, but I know LWA put quite a quantity of them in their clearance sale section, that doesn't really indicate high demand for the GBB Kriss Vector although I suspect lack of spare magazines around reduced the demand.

Even if there is some demand for a GBB Kriss Vector left I don't think it'd be wise for Krytac to do a new one when KWA have filled a large portion of the demand already, an AEG will at least appeal to a different group of people.

Also, AR type stock on it looks naff, what was wrong with the original stock designed for it?

I am in the same line as CKinnerley. Where in the world are they supposed to put an AEG box/parts in the Vector? Of course I am very excited that they green lit the AEG Kriss, as I always wanted a Kriss that works all year around. If the end product is an oversized AEP, then I rather take the EVO instead.  

It would be nice if the AEG Kriss have similar functions as ASG Scorpions mosfet that have burst, last round detection and always full cycle. 

Where the *fruitcage* are they fitting everything??  Once you take all the space for the magwell out of the picture there's bugger all room left, and what there is is a really, really odd shape not conducive to an AEG gearbox.  Is this just an AEP?  I mean if they've done it somehow then well done, I'm just struggling to see where there's room for the spring/cylinder/piston in-line behind that barrel, given where the feed area of the magazine will sit.

I have the same problems, it is difficult for me to see where are they fitting an AEG GB, but hey, I will not complain if they manage, if they need to fit an AEP GB im cool with it too. I have a JG skorp and it is a FINE CQB/secondary gun at 278FPS with a new bucking and barrel.

While my rifleman collection shrinks, AEPs keep growing to support the DMRs, YAY!

Far better plan would deb to make it in GBB form and as there's a 9mm version know make it compatible with TM Glock Mags. :)  That is the trick KWA missed. After all Glock Mag commonality is probably the main feature of the Firearm after the coil system.

I think AEPs are great CQB guns, quite ideally really when you're in a game where you're shooting within 5-10m a large proportion of the time.  But I guess we'll have to see what sort of FPS this is kicking out, as has been mentioned this gun just screams proprietary-everything (which is pretty much expected given the shape).  I'm not sure it's going to have the sort of features to match the EVO performance wise yet may still have a hefty price tag, though I hope I'm wrong of course.

For fans of the KRISS aesthetics who live in colder climes/prefer electric in general this is obviously a great release.  But given the well publicised ergonomic pitfalls and the potential to have just as poor weight distribution as the GBB (perhaps worse given the weight of a GB vs gas parts) I don't think it's one for me personally.

How revolting. It will be a sub par poor performing AEP - Don't try and tell me they perform well, they do not. Even with the £100s of upgrades they are still sub par and I would rather use a rental gun or my KWA Vector even if it was sub zero than use an that.

So I will look forward to people turning up with that and then the KWA out performing in every avenue. 

It has an M4 stock  :flamethrower: I know its happening in the US on real ones but still horrible. I expect the battery will be housed in there as well.

For some reason I can't help but think it just won't be made as well.

As for a 9mm version I heard from IWA that Kriss are doing a 9mm Vector so you never know KWA might do one. As for why KWA didn't in the first place the real one is a .45 so skinny 9mm mags in it would not look right. 

Heres their website if anyone wants a gander -

http://www.krytac.com/index.php/rifles

So many opinions expressed as facts crammed in to one post...

An AEP is perfectly adequate performance wise when you're shooting extremely close distances and skirmishing in very close quarters, also there's the fact you've got a gun that does the job just fine and inflicts less pain on other people by not outputting a muzzle energy that's not actually needed for the task at hand.  My brother's been using an electric TM MP7 as his primary for at least 3-4 years now and it does extremely well at all the CQB sites we visit, I'm on the verge of buying something similar myself.  When you're literally fighting within touching distance of people a majority of the time (which is about right for the sites I play and the way I play them) ~250 FPS absolutely sufficient; if someone used an AEP at a large site and tried to play the long game then obviously that's not going to work so well but I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of that.  Magazine capacities are plentiful, trigger response is fine and there are various upgrades to the overall power supply system which do not cost 'hundreds of pounds' to improve on that if the user so desires.

I'm not a fan of the AR stock-adapted version of the weapon pictured but I also can't see anywhere they've said they'll not be doing the original KRISS design stock, so hopefully more choice all round.  There's certainly space in the pistol grip for the battery as I can't see that area containing the gearbox components.

My ASG Scorpion is not bigger and it shoots very well... Not an AEP either. My modified JG MAC-10 (which is an AEP) is very well up to the task as well, even outdoors.

It can be done and it can be done well. If that'll happen or not... to soon to say.

I think the issue is more the shape than the size.  The Vector is a big enough gun but is a weird shape, it sort of looks like you have to have the pressurised air going round a corner or something to fit a decent gearbox in; the Scorpion is much more conventionally shaped, like the MP5.

I think a lot of us will be very interested in seeing the pictures (once they're released) of the internals.  Krytac is certainly an interesting company to my mind.

How to fit the gearbox is literally a Million dollar question.  And this is something we are keeping a very tight lip on the design.  The project actually has been on going more than 3 months already so we know it's possible to make it fit.  That's all I can say.  

As for a 9mm version I heard from IWA that Kriss are doing a 9mm Vector so you never know KWA might do one. As for why KWA didn't in the first place the real one is a .45 so skinny 9mm mags in it would not look right. 

Heres their website if anyone wants a gander -

http://www.krytac.com/index.php/rifles

That's correct.  We are developing the 9mm Vector.  As for KWA might make on in 9mm size?  I highly doubt it since we terminated their contract years ago.

Archived