Krytac Kriss Vector AEG

allizard

I've come up with like a dozen different systems to fit regular AEG gears and motor with regular cylinder-set.

Feed system will have to be very unique in every case:

Vertical cylinder-set:

Cylinder mounted in the recoil-system, gears leading upwards, motor mounted at the back of the upper, extra long axle to reach gearset. L'ish shaped nozzle, angled feed/tappet pull.

May need to short-stroke the piston movement but leaves large'ish battery space to the front.

Upper-reciever cylinder-set:

Normal'ish looking mounting leaving the feed deliberately to lower level from the cylinder. Motor and gears in recoil-system. Will require strange shaped air-feed and plate to move the piston as gears can't directly connect to it.

Full stroke and large battery space.

Reverse cylinder-set:

Mounted "wrong way" towards you with gear-set & piston-plate as high in the receiver as possible. Motor mounted at the upper far back leaving much of the recoil-system empty for battery. U-shaped air-feed.

Easy pickings! Just hire me as a designer and watch everyone's gun fantasy roll out the factory ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How to fit the gearbox is literally a Million dollar question.  And this is something we are keeping a very tight lip on the design.  The project actually has been on going more than 3 months already so we know it's possible to make it fit.  That's all I can say.  

That's correct.  We are developing the 9mm Vector.  As for KWA might make on in 9mm size?  I highly doubt it since we terminated their contract years ago.

Cool :), that would have zero recoil and a lot of fun to shoot!

Hold on you do you work for? 

The way I'd do it is with an L shaped gearbox.

Almost like a P90 gearbox, but with the cylinder mounted at 90 degrees at one end. It would get away with having a slightly shorter cylinder and piston, because it's only got a short barrel.

Either way, proprietary parts out the wazoo.

Propietary parts are not really my concern in this case if gearbox and hop chamber are of good enough quality and I can swap bucking and barrel for AEG ones.

Krytac guns seem of good quality OOTB so this one should be quite a good gun once barrel and bucking are changed 

The GBB KRISS is still being made isn't it?  Even without a contract and by a different/parent company to KWA?

Doesn't seem to be, it's been out of stock for some time at most shops, magazines have been hard to find for some time as well, I don't know of many/any places with them in stock and that's been the case for months at least.

I think a redesign on the m249 gearbox would fit. All it needs it to have the empty space reduced and brought closer together. And I don't see the need to change the stock. My 3300mah 11.1v could fit in the recoil mech on a GBB Kriss, so I don't this it's a problem. 125amps is plenty for most high speed gearboxes. Lets hope price is reasonable. Mosfets on the Krytac seem decent for what they are. Believe they're using a irf3034. I would however love if they used a TVS diode, preferable 18v. That'll take care of voltage spikes should one opt for a 14.8v. Besides that, I'm hoping not to wait too long for it's release.

You still have the problem of the cylinder size or you will have a very short barrel.

Given barrel length, I wonder if you could get away with a cut down piston (I don't know what size AEP's use as I've never seen one) with the gearbox upside down.

Should be interesting to see what they do.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wonder if they will make a gbb version, one can only hope, the kwa is beautifully built and designed replica, would be very hard to beat IMO. A sphinx pistol would also be great, it's a pity kwa didn't make that before the break up.

The Kriss vector GBB was the best airsoft gbb smg ever made. Such a fecing shame!!!!!!!!!

Hope kwa make a new untraded one which they can sell legally. Not expecting much from krytec to be honest.

Not that I disagree with you that KWA made a good GBB.  But it's not likely they made any "Untraded" one.  The issue isn't just marking alone.  The entire gun is a trade dress, no one can legally made that gun period.  KWA lost it due to their own stupidity and breaking contract.  I don't feel pity for them as they did it to themselves.  

Archived