new grenades, mines and mortars!

Dr.Arnie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironically, most of us use things like G36Cs and 10" CQBRs, even AKs, which with the type of round and ballistics, really doesn't throw lead that consistently.  I would say subguns would get you 40-60m consistent hits (9mm hits pretty flat and accurate at 100m though it would need to be in a carbine form, though .45s are a bit more like paintball guns), and most assault rifles out to 150m without optics.  Any more and its a combination of guesswork and experience. 

Its not that far from airsoft really, where sub guns will get 40-60m accuracy, and a rifle with a good M150 with a flat hop will give 80m consistent hits.

Considering most AEGs have around 50-60 meters effective range, 150 meters for a mortar sounds fine, sure that's much less than a real mortar but then AEGs do much less than the 300-500 meters a real assault rifle does as skarclaw mentioned. Besides, quite a lot of airsoft sites are probably smaller than the effective range of a real medium mortar system.

Though point, most sites are not going to be that big to warrant a realistic mortar :P

Yeah it's going to be something for scenario and MilSim games rather than regular skirmishes and obviously the sites will have to be big enough to warrant it. We use pyro mortars at Eversley quite frequently though, they don't have as much range but they can definately be handy for fire support and as a psychological weapon.

The 40 MM pyro's seem to be getting into the country ok so either they are legal as Paranoiddroid says due to not being fin stabilised or customs is too busy trying to keep out illegal immigrants with the election looming to be bothered about illegal exlosives being imported into the country lol 

From what I've seen, fin or spin stabilised are essentially the same legally.

The Prohibition specifies "not for pyrotechnic purposes" though, which is probably why they're ok, seeing as we throw smokes and bangs for the pyrotechnic effect of smoke and/or bang.

If any of you guys have watched Kingsman, I'd say integrating that mini launcher to a Tokarev would be pretty awesome.

Ooops, didn't look close enough, it's actually a Colt 1908 Hammerless. Or is it a TT30. I don't know. :(

They're TT-30s.

The pyro mortar rounds that ninja master of coffee is talking about are probably the TLSFX ones that are manufactured in the UK anyway.

Those are indeed the ones, as QQexDERA says completely legal and also no more risky than any other airsoft use pyro. The only down side is that they're not particularly accurate and their low weight means they can get hung up on twigs and foliage, though again that is true of any card case pyro. Use of them tends to work like a knee or commando mortar, close to medium range fire support.

Edit: the accuracy isn't terrible either, without obstruction they go more or less in a straight line and the range you get is fairly consistent. They just won't fly as straight as something that spins which is why I wonder about fin stabalised chalk marker rounds.

If the roly grenade is half decent this could be my first reusable airsoft grenade. I like the idea of the orings making the bbs spin off in all directions. Cant wait to see what kind of force it puts behind said bbs. Need vids now!

Archived