Clone LaRue Tactical XTRAXN PredatOBR RIS

aznriptide859

I remember being LaRue being allllll the rage a few years back, RS and Airsoft wise.  Seemed to peak when Costa teamed up with 'em on that limited run of guns.  Did they get a bunch of military contracts or something?  That often-times seems to kill a company in terms of actually coming out with new/innovative stuff

When I saw one of their stocks mounted to a rifle pictured on one of the the many US guns & gear blog/media/retail type pages I follow, it rather surprised me as I hadn't seen anything at all from them posted by anybody in years.  Maybe they're sitting on some big new thing.  I have no idea, but they're not doing much right now that grabs my attention.

I don't know.  It looks like the pieces are separate to allow for takedown for the rail.  You're not talking about the suitcase gun right?  That's a different setup.

Yeah. I just clicked the reference link in the first post, didn't know there was a difference.

Ah, for G&P AEG, an WA Gbbr, so.

GBB fitment.

Excellent, may try one of these out

Depends on your GBB.  I don't know much about the threads on the original Western Arms GBB ARs but G&P AEG threads are fairly uncommon, not many other brands use that spec (ICS perhaps.. not 100%).

Actually, how on earth would this fit?

Rotate the handguard onto the receiver, instead of using barrel nut?

You can see where the main portion of the rail is separate from the barrel nut.  There's a small section that goes over the top of the nut to meet the receiver and (on the RS at least) those grey latches on the sides physically couple the rail to the nut.

Is prime/IA not RS spec?  Because I ran my RS spec die down the threads on a G&P AEG upper just a couple of weeks back and it was waaay off.  Had to remove a ton of material (contextually speaking), far more than any other rethreading job I've done previously.

All my WOCs (when I had them) seemed to have the bog standard TM 'airsoft' spec thread, dropped various airsoft handguards/barrel nuts on them (3 different uppers) without any resistance.  Could be tolerances of course; just my experiences.

I've always thought Prime/IA to to be RS but I've never had a RS rail so can't personally say.  Lots of other people have had no problem so I assume so.  I just know I've had a G&P rail (the URX II kit) on a Prime receiver.  This one. http://scopeandlaser.com/index.php?cat=&p=6&sp=&cat0=41&cat1=265&cat2=&id=12771&new=&more=

I'm sure you're right that Prime/IA are RS spec (seen it mentioned many times), but far as I can see here G&P are quite different to that.  Far as I've been able to gather over the years (and it's really hard to get a correlation) there's the guns/kits that use the RS spec, G&P with the 'imperial' spec and pretty much everyone else with the 'metric'/general airsoft spec.

Problem is of course airsoft tolerances are all over the places in terms of both upper and forends/barrel nuts.  Even if you bought one of every brand and tested them all out there's no guarantee you'd find a conclusive result; chances are at least a couple of guns would have too much paint or an iffy thread or something to skew things.  I just know I rethreaded my G&P upper and after I took off quite a lot (it was hard going) the threads looked fairly different and a Parallax Tactical barrel nut went straight on, smooth as you like.  Possible just my upper was 'off' of course.

Yeah.  Bit of a lottery I suppose.  As I said, I have a G&P AEG rail on a RS spec receiver no problem. Maybe I got lucky.  Tolerances are good, not sloppy.  It's a perfect fit.  I think I have couple more G&P uppers some where so I could try in on those and see how they fair.

Archived