Silverback Announce Development of AA-12 and SRS

PureSilver

The news a large number of airsofters have been waiting for arrives via Facebook...

Dear All,

We were quite silent for a while as we were working on important projects.

We are proud to announce that Silverback Airsoft Ltd. is now the exclusive holder of two very promising licenses: Desert Tech LLC. and MPS (Military Police Systems).

It’s too early to give you a release date or a price range but we are already working on the SRS from Desert Tech and the AA-12 from MPS. We can’t give details at the moment but we’ll do it right, by hardcore players for hardcore players, as soon as we’ll have updates, we will post it on our Facebook page.

Obligatory pics-or-it-won't-happen:

10526137_917548374963583_341560440816290

11149365_917548378296916_697581327155413

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's so much room in the hull of the AA12 that you could fit a mag fed, Marui M870 shotgun mech with a high-powered overbored AEG gearbox behind it.

You want something the shape of a V6 with a bigger bore cylinder (three barrels to feed) and super-high-torque V3 cogs, caged motor is a must-have.

No cut off lever necessary, low ROF and full auto only.  Simple switch as a trigger with a MOSFET.

Three barrels, six shots per piston drop, all hopped.

Billion round drum mag and a giant battery.

Basically, doing anything else is a waste of a license.

Make that happen and then shut up and take my money.

I'm probably in the minority but I love the AA12 due to it being a brutal, noisy beast so GBB is needed.  It would be a little soul destroying having a AEG whine with each trigger pull.  Oh well.

AEG would be fine.

Build a really tough gearbox and have a really heavy piston with a brass piston head and cylinder head.

CLANG, CLANG, CLANG, CLANG, CLANG etc.

Don't get me wrong, gas would be good but you need a big piece of metal clanging around to make a noise and with such a huge gun you can do that with gas or electric.

Electric would still work if it was cold though.

And the mags could be cheaper.

Unless the gas tank was internal, which is less than useful for skirmishing.

Unless you go external HPA feed.

Which I did.

So, I'm interested in this as long as it isn't gas in mag.

As for the noise, I have plans in my head for a GBB AA12 based on the Maruzen M1100 platform.  One of the features is having a working drum mag but I don't have the skills to get that working I don't think, so it would feed off the tube mag and drum for show.  The drum mag however, would be spring loaded like the M32 so each shot would rotate the mech.  A decent clunk could be achieved from that I feel, plus it could be applied to an AEG to make it a bit more palatable.

The Maruzen M1100 platform is hopeless, cool, but hopeless

Shell ejecting shotguns are impractical (unless the shells are really cheap) which gas in shell types are not.

Gas in mag is OK under certain circumstances but they are heavy and require maintenance.

For a gun to be skirmishable you need to reduce hassle and cost.

The Tanaka M870 was cool and fun but not skirmishable.

Likewise Maruzen M870 and M1100.

The Marui M870 is skirmishable but not noisy.

A self-loading Marui with a noisy enough bolt would seem to satisfy all of us.

Electric or gas, isn't that big a deal.

There's at least couple "viable" ways to make tri-shot AEG, both with individual problems.

Loading multiple rounds into one barrel needs electric tappetplate movement and thus it's own circuit. We all know how good those can be. However a regular M150 gearbox can work it.

Personally I'm hoping for proprietary gearbox with much larger bore cylinder (or multiple ones) for more air and multi barrel & multi-hopup system. That however won't retail under four digits if done properly.

Regular gearbox in a AA12 body would be rather poop.

I have more doubts and worry then excitement over this.

The two airsoft guns I've been thinking about recently, and boom in the same post someone is planning on making them.

I wonder what system they'll use for the SRS? I'd really prefer a smooth no-resistance bolt but gas isn't really ideal. If spring hopefully VSR compatible. Was going to try and make my own SRS using a KJW M700 and a hunk of plastic.

I would prefer GBB myself, however Its doubtful that it could use anything other then the Maruzen system if it were to be shell ejecting. Shells like the APS or Tanaka types wouldny likely hold enough gas in order to create enough blowback to cycle the bolt. So it would have to be a gas in mag or gas in gun type.

I agree that making it an AEG would be a waste of time though. Carrying something that big and bulky just for it to go "zzzzip" when you fire it would be incredibly disappointing.

A gas in mag system without shells would be ideal in my opinion.

Why blowback on a non-ejecter though? The bolt would be tiny, unless you really want to move a huge (real scale) bolt back and forth for no real reason. Goodbye gas efficiency.

It being an AEG means you can have a HUGE mag (900 rounds plus perhaps) which means you CAN do what the AA12 is designed to do, fill the air with lead on full auto.

Hollywood AA-12 maybe. The real thing though only holds 20 in a drum and even the 32 round ones run dry pretty quick. Regardless of what system it uses it's paramount that it must have a means to fire more than one projectile in every shot which is easier to accomplish on a gas system. If they just put in a regular AEG in it then it's going to be boring as *fruitcage*.

I'm assuming it's a tri-shot system, so 900 rounds isn't that huge tbh.

Or perhaps it'll be some hybrid system like a gas in rifle polarstar? The stock is certainly large enough to hold a TM 870 style gas reservoir.

Archived