Silverback Announce Development of AA-12 and SRS

PureSilver

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah shells are like $15 for 5, pretty sure it's canadian dollars too. $300-350 price range for the gun.

All the shells do are HOLD the bb's, and not complicate like the APS one. internal tank.

:o

/derailthread

IWA-2015-AIRSOFT-INNOVATIONS-SHOTGUN-PRO

IWA-2015-AIRSOFT-INNOVATIONS-SHOTGUN-PRO

11018822_972863729392324_400465822287451

I recently installed their (silverback) 12.5gr carbon piston for L96 in my Modify.

Went from 400 to 450fps.

So far it's doing pretty good.

Still wondering I they will ever sell the X96 sniper chassis.

If it's going to be electric some *albatross* will mod it and will make it shoot 50rps... :wacko: Not very shotgunny. I can see why some people dislike gas guns(living in colder places). If we are lucky they make both a GBB and an AEG version so everyone can be happy.

I'd love to see the Desert Tech MDR as an airsoft gun. But probably is not going to happen until the real steel hits the USA market.

Anyway, if someone is interested about more info related to that rifle, you have an interesting video here:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

• 1 month later...

Detailed CAD design of the SRS, It will be spring powered! Not really happy about it!!

Info from their FB page:

Hi All,

Here is a 3D assembly video introducing our coming Desert Tech licensed rifle, the Stealth Recon Scout A1 (SRS A1) Spring Bolt Airsoft Rifle.

We will use only high grade material for this Airsoft rifle:

- In order to respect most of the awesome features of the original SRS, we had to develop a new patented spring bolt system, push forward compression, spring guide less design. The bolt assembly is made of a steel cylinder, cylinder head and bolt handle. Piston assembly is made of 6061 aluminium. It will feature a steel piston sear and the system will allow bolt quick change, no tools needed. Muzzle energy will range between 0.8 Joules to 1.8 Joules depending on your country regulations.

-Receiver and outer barrel: CNC 6061 T6 aluminium.

-Railed handguard: CNC 6061 T5 aluminium and reinforced nylon additional rails.

-Rifle stock will be made of reinforced nylon, black, Flat Dark Earth and OD colors will be available

-Steel magazine, with reinforced nylon internal, 30 rounds capacity.

-Monopod, included with all Silverback Airsoft SRS, accurate replica of the Desert Tech LLC patented monopod, CNC 6061 aluminium.

-Two way aluminium hop up unit, directly attached to the quick change barrel assembly, allowing barrel switch in seconds while keeping your hop up setting. Barrel attachment is exactly like the original.

-CNC aluminium trigger, with position and preload adjustment .

-No injection molding metal parts, no zinc alloy, all screws are in 10.9 steel.

The Silverback Airsoft SRS will be available in three versions:

-SRS A1 Covert, with a short handguard , 16 inches outer barrel and a checkered thread protection (420 mm inner barrel) with an overall length of 675 mm, weight 2870 grams.

-SRS A1 .308, (the one displayed in this video) with long handguard , 22 inches fluted outer barrel and the .308 flash hider (578 mm inner barrel) for an overall length of 850 mm, weight 3130 grams.

SRS A1 .338 LM, with long handguard , 26 inches fluted outer barrel and the .338LM flash hider (680 mm inner barrel) with an overall length of 980 mm, weight 3250 grams.

Pictures and video of the prototype will be posted next month, we expect a release date during fall 2015.

As I said in the sniper thread, push to compress is a bloody stupid idea.

You won't be able to pull the rifle into your shoulder to cock it, you'll be essentially compressing your spring between your hands.

As I said in the sniper thread, push to compress is a bloody stupid idea.

I'm not too sure it is, any other rifle I'd agree with you, but with the bulbpup design, it might be harder to pull a strong spring at than pushing it. (watch vid below for a few seconds)

https://youtu.be/lAolFvexg30?t=359

It's ergonomics, hard to tell on paper, we'll wait have to wait and see, but that cad video has got me interested. 

I see your point, but I personally don't think bullpup will make a whole heap off difference. 

The bolt handle is at the front of the bolt instead of the rear so the handle is going to be in much the same place as on a regular boltie.

Watching the CNC video again gives me more concern TBH. That cylinder looks quite short, so unless it's quite wide it will need a hefty spring to take it up to the usual 500fps. 

Considering how many new design features they've put together, I do think you're bang on with this though:

we'll wait have to wait and see

Archived