Hephaestus TAR 21 Pre-order right miao.

BioRage

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Samoon talking about them on FB as well - if $565 is the complete price then I wonder how much the kit would be.

Must admit if they're going to sell complete units then it's be tempting to leave my Ares as is and get a pre-built one, rather than using it for a donor.

edit - just looked at the wgcshop ad.  It's a S&T one as the fore sling hoop is missing - I believe even the cheap Ares ones come with that.

Actually it has trademarks which means it is the ARES body. The ARES aeg costs about 385$ where as the S&T professional(which has the same quality as the ARES but no trademarks) costs 187$. So with a drop in kit and the S&T version(provided it is compatible with) should be cheaper.

Actually it has trademarks which means it is the ARES body. The ARES aeg costs about 385$ where as the S&T professional(which has the same quality as the ARES but no trademarks) costs 187$. So with a drop in kit and the S&T version(provided it is compatible with) should be cheaper.

It's the cheap Ares then, unless they've removed the fore hoop for some reason.  Here's a link to the Ares site - you can see the hoop on both the 'main' and S-class models.

I heard that there wouldn't be a drop-in kit, don't mark my words though.

I'm sure the Youtube vids said it would be.  TBH I'd prefer for some one else to do the work, rather than me.

Don't count on there being a kit.  Despite what HKOTG video says, Hephaestus confirmed that it will be complete guns unless there is OVERWELMING demand for the T21 that they just can't fulfill.  If you wait, then you could loose out since it is a limited run...like the HTs-14.

I pre-ordered from WGCShop...the tan model...

Don't count on there being a kit.  Despite what HKOTG video says, Hephaestus confirmed that it will be complete guns unless there is OVERWELMING demand for the T21 that they just can't fulfill.  If you wait, then you could loose out since it is a limited run...like the HTs-14.

Waiting on your video then, I sha'll :)

Going to do the same for a black one from Samoon - how much are WGCShop quoting for postage ?  Samoon are talking $72

Going to do the same for a black one from Samoon - how much are WGCShop quoting for postage ?  Samoon are talking $72

Get a manual quote, their shipping system is horrible.

@ Check out click "manual quotation" and the order will be submitted, however you won't pay until WGC gets back to you.

What body are they using, can't imagine the cheaper ares ( or even the more expensive version) body to be acceptable if that's the one there using.

Ares based on the trades as per user mention.

I thought it was S&T at first, no one knows, lol. Let's see if it'll hold up and not crack.

looking at the back plate of the pistol grip I'd say it's an S&T. Same with the side of the magwell.

Also no serial number tag next to the IWI logo, another feature that is the same as the S&T.

And the fire selector is much more black than the ones on the Ares.

They better be selling it as a separate kit. Because I am not going to cash out this much for a complete tavor.

it would also be a bad commercial move not to launch a kit.

$85 but that is via UPS not EMS.  It literally take 3 days once shipped to get my stuff from HK via UPS as it flies through USA customs.  EMS can sit in USA customs for up to 3 months (my personal record).  I pay extra to get stuff quickly.

looking at the back plate of the pistol grip I'd say it's an S&T. Same with the side of the magwell.

Also no serial number tag next to the IWI logo, another feature that is the same as the S&T.

And the fire selector is much more black than the ones on the Ares.

They better be selling it as a separate kit. Because I am not going to cash out this much for a complete tavor.

it would also be a bad commercial move not to launch a kit.

I would argue the opposite.  A kit will leave fitment and proper installation to the user which can go horribly wrong and then look really bad for the Hephaestus when that user posts a YT video showing how bad it is.  PR nightmare...

Archived