Hephaestus TAR 21 Pre-order right miao.

BioRage

I would argue the opposite.  A kit will leave fitment and proper installation to the user which can go horribly wrong and then look really bad for the Hephaestus when that user posts a YT video showing how bad it is.  PR nightmare...

And that is why "installation by professional recommended" comes in.

I doubt there would be much trouble due to the design of the Tar body.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that is why "installation by professional recommended" comes in.

I doubt there would be much trouble due to the design of the Tar body.

In a perfect world...yes.  However, I have seen some "professional" airsmith work in the past...

In a perfect world...yes.  However, I have seen some "professional" airsmith work in the past...

I actually see that "professional" work at least once a month.

And not only in the airsmith world.

Makes you wonder why those "porfessionals" keep on getting visited.

Certain people are masochistic I guess.

Still, I want those internals of that TAR as a kit. :)

This has a similar unit price to the Groza so it will likely retail for a similar price over here when it reaches our shores (~£650).

A quick bit of Google-fu and some doing sums in my head gives me an estimate of about £510 to import from HK, of which nearly a hundred is import duty. One hell of a saving.

I'll take two.

Looks like they are instock now according to WGC HK post on FB.  Hopefully this means mine will be shipped out soon...still worried that WGC over sold it OR will fill local orders first...

edit - there is a first look by a user in HK and the ROF looked horrible...

It possibly needed 'breaking in' too. I found that the Hts-14 and the G5 both had some mould lines on the bolt carriers. Couple this with the overly-tight fit of new GHK mags caused a little drag, making the ROF inconsistent or stopping the carrier from returning fully. 30 seconds with some fine grit sandpaper or a few mags of BBs seemed to even things out.

I made the mistake of ordering from Samoon, so all their stock has been tied up in HK customs and hasn't even arrived at the shop yet...

I got an email from them today asking for postal details so they could calculate delivery costs.  I assume they're going down their list in order - my pre-order was black, maybe they're doing that list first.

OK guys, if you are planning on waiting for the kit...I wouldn't...that is all I will say.  Also, Project T is more than just a Tavor as it was designed from the ground up to be modular and fit into multiple bullpups.  The body is much better than people are going on about as it is the body from the proline S&T and feels much better than the VFC UMP/G36/MP7 and Ares body was passed on as it would add roughly $200 to the price tag.  Many are complaining at the current price tag, imagine the whining if it was $200 more... 

Depends how long customs want to play with it.. 

If I find any white marks on/in it, there'll be hell to pay...

Well hopefully they'll play with yours rather than mine as I only paid this morning so expecting the tracker number tomorrow ;)

OK guys, if you are planning on waiting for the kit...I wouldn't...that is all I will say.  Also, Project T is more than just a Tavor as it was designed from the ground up to be modular and fit into multiple bullpups.  The body is much better than people are going on about as it is the body from the proline S&T and feels much better than the VFC UMP/G36/MP7 and Ares body was passed on as it would add roughly $200 to the price tag.  Many are complaining at the current price tag, imagine the whining if it was $200 more... 

Would be tempted to swap internals between this and my ARES so as to have the better body, except the base of the magwell is solid and would need cutting out, I strongly suspect this has already been done on the Hephaetus/S&T one so you can not reverse back.

Archived