54th Sizuoka Hobby Show 2015 Tokyo Marui teaser

Zereck

Well Marui put up their usual teaser of 4 products:

1. Gold barrel Hi-Capa? Or the SAI madness reached Marui too? :P

visual_02.png

2.This is most likely their GBB M4. A bit unusual for Marui to tease the same thing again.

visual_03.png

3. An M9 pistol? Another AEP?

visual_04.png

4. Finally a revolver. Im not very knowledgable about these.

visual_05.png

Bit of a meh as nothing really new here, tough Im sure there are plenty of people intrested in the M4 GBB.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is meant to be a 5th "secret" surprise release too.  Written about in some of the pictures, which wont google translate.  Fingers crossed its next gen.

Yeah according to the Hyperdouraku post with google translate: "Finally, it is with "And furthermore boggling new appeared!". Since the goods were often this time of teaser announcement seems to be existing announcement model, where you should by all means amazed." :P

Apart from fanboys having to sell their relatives to slavery and thus afford the the gbb M4, I do wonder, what can Marui bring to the table that already isn't there?

Here's hoping they really do bring out something special.

I think it'll be a good platform to go for, like the Marui MP7. Being that they built it to run primarily in Japan on 134a/144a. Running it on GG would make it amazing.

Like the performance spike of the GHK and upgrading to use C02 fuel.

That's my thought process anyway.

what can Marui bring to the table that already isn't there?

Since they seem to be getting into HK pistols, a MK23 GBB with all the bells and whistles (LAM, supressor and fancy case) would certainly fit the bill with minimal R&D.

Apart from fanboys having to sell their relatives to slavery and thus afford the the gbb M4, I do wonder, what can Marui bring to the table that already isn't there?

A GBB M4 that puts performance/gas efficiency ahead of a heavy bolt for lots of kick and highly realistic internals which may not be the most efficient design I expect.

Do we know anything about the mag?  I have a weird feeling it's going to be a bit different somehow.

Based on the "official" news, the only thing Marui has said about the magazine is that the shell is aluminum, weighs about 500g, and holds 30 rounds (the bolt carrier is also said to be aluminum, but they can weigh it down similar to the WA does)...but things can change. My guess, it has to be a middle shooter (some type of knocker-lock design and will be negative pressure) as it's my understanding they are not permitted to use anything close to the WA design. 

Quite, I should've said I was more referring to the G&P line (missed VFC off the list too).

But the main point is, all the 'mainstream' systems at the moment replicate the insides of a RS AR-15 pretty closely far as I've seen, it's only some of the more niche stuff like the Tippman and those weird G&Gs that vary (and obviously various other systems and examples exist that aren't terribly popular).  So if the insides of the TM entirely forego internal aesthetics for increased functionality and it works then I'd say that's something new on the table.

WE still isn't quite in the RS look inside though is it not? The Open bolt ones brought that side of things to be more RS-like, but they do the trigger/fire control side still their own way and not quite like how the WA/VFC's RS-like layout. 

Archived