54th Sizuoka Hobby Show 2015 Tokyo Marui teaser

Zereck

It's been that way since forever and it's not going to change.

One can always hope for change. TM used to be gas everything and went "future the next" with AEGs. Now they're looking at gas all over again. Marushin used to sell nothing but 8mm guns, now nearly everything is available in 6mm and they're starting to use CO2 too. Now, imagine a TM GBBR that's been engineered to take CO2 right out of the box. That'd be something.
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TM used to be gas everything and went "future the next" with AEGs. Now they're looking at gas all over again. 

I don't have a list of everything Marui has produced, but they have been steadily making liquid charged pistols since the mid 90's. Starting with the first Desert Eagle, I don't think they had long stretch of time without releasing a liquid charged pistol.  Matter of fact, I think they released at least one new liquid charged pistol a year starting around 1995, no? I could be wrong, not 100% sure.

I know they released the M59, MP5, and MPL way before the FA-MAS...but did those models make them "gas everything"? Besides, when Marui was making those, all manufactures at the time were "gas everything". Sure there was a lot "air-cocking", fixed slides, "springers", and the occasional hybrids like the Yatimatic and Super-Weapons, but most Japanese manufacturers before the new regulations were "gas everything".

I do feel they are more known for their AEGs these days and not sure what the impact would be if this new M4 were to be a complete failure.

Just talking about long guns as everyone knows they never stopped developing gas handguns. Their "Marui Man" ad sums up their past stance on gas guns, though at the time the technology was short of junk.

What other liquid charged blow back long guns did they make? I honestly don't know...like I said, I have no clue what models they've made in the past. In my opinion, before the AEG, Marui was the next Yonezawa.

If it's just the MP5 and MPL, two models hardly constitutes "gas everything" no? MGC on the other hand was all about the liquid charged (at least WA attempted to make an electric powered airsoft gun). Besides, the Marui MPL and MP5 were more like hybrids, very different from the blow back engines Marui currently uses...those two were after-shooters and the blow back was powered by spring (the gas moved the piston/bolt carrier forward).

Knowing Marui, I expect that M4 to be the most consistent and reliable gas gun on the market, if used on 134a. And I think they made some improvements that will have an impact on the GBBR market.

It will take a few years till the propane proof parts pop up from aftermarket companies so jumping on it might not be the best idea outside Japan.

Knowing Marui, I expect that M4 to be the most consistent and reliable gas gun on the market, if used on 134a.

My 870 still works nicely, but there are a good few that don't work that well...

Tokyo Marui has the best aftermark parts support. If Marui release a gun we need to wait one month and we can buy any replacement / tuning parts to reinforce it. Remember that how much we need to wait to replace the Marui USP's plastic slide to a metal slide? The only important thing is that they desing a good product - without malfunction, without latent defect, without construction faulth.

To be honest though about 134a / 144a that is in Japan, a place often warmer than the UK. For us here in this dreary Isle a can of Ultra is perfect. All my TMs bar one run on the stuff and never fault.

Now I just want to know what the releases are :P

'FireKnife'

Either way I wont be buying this unless it totally ruins the competition which at this stage I doubt. Just personal opinion. 

Doubt it'll outperform the GHK M4 imo.

But guess we'll see :)

It does if those were the only models they had, which they were (along with gas pistols). So yeah, gas "everything".

As far as I can remember, they were NEVER a leader in gas guns unlike JAC/AsahiFA, MGC, etc. (their first liquid charge pistol was introduced about 10 years after the MPL). Marui was making several air cocking/springers during that time so they were not gas everything.

I get your point though...they marketed their first AEG's as being far superior to liquid charged and HPA guns of the era. Now they are trying to bet back into something they marked as inferior in the past (granted those guns of the past are nothing like the current liquid charged guns).

Wow didn't mean to open a can of worms, don't get me wrong, I love Tokyo Marui's stuff, I have a loads of it, the designs/function are spot on but the materials they use are not. This is because there stuff is designed for duster gas. That's just the way it is.

So in order to make the marui ar function long term on green gas (maybe they will have steel parts all ready, doubt it though) upgrades are needed, so it will be an expensive outing. But I imagine they will work well, better then a ghk or other all ready available brands? Time will tell. I'll be sticking to my wocs though as I have tuning them down to a tee and can get them to perform very well.

Well, knowing that the marui m4 would take ages to come out, i buckled down for the ghk m4. So far, it works great but i find the performance a bit inconsistent. Of course, this is on stock performance. I may turn back to the marui due to its uncanny ability to reach and hit targets consistently. I also wouldn't be ashamed to be shooting at people at cqb/close ranges, unlike the ghk lol. 

First I have heard of any ghk ar problems, I don't own one, but I was playing around with the idea of getting the ra tech aac 300 ghk, but wanted to wait and see if the marui system was better. The fact they are being cerakoted at suzutomo means the finish will be as good as it gets, his work is truly amazing, the best selling point of the marui AR.

GHK AR is hardly blemish free if you read around.  Not saying it's a bad gun by any stretch and it's easily a contender for the top system as things currently stand, but I've read plenty of different issues from various users.  Some tiny, some pretty significant.  End of the day though, going by an aggregate of reports/reviews (which is about all you can do unless you have close ties with at least a few dozen super-busy gun techs) it is a solid release.

---

The TM is a weird animal and if this were a Japanese forum I'm sure it'd get a tiny portion of the flak it gets on an international forum like this.  Everything in context.  The WA original, from what I've read, was supposedly a very good gun on 134a but destroyed itself on propane, which obviously meant almost no adoption or good things to say from the EU/US player base.  After years of WOCs/WE/KJW/KWA/VFC we've almost done a full circle in certain respects, except now everything's going to be metal, the mags should be far more dependable and the internals have sacrificed fidelity in an attempt to improve reliability.  Still not a gun aimed at the average western player though.

Personally I see it as something of a parallel to the recoil line in some ways.  The 'power source' that the recoil guns work best with in stock form is comparatively weak vs what most of us here would want.  I've left all my recoil gearboxes bone stock and they just run; the FPS is actually very suitable for the sites I visit and all's well.  Happy airsofter.  To my mind, if a person wants something that's more suited to a different application they just need to look elsewhere and have the sense to realise that a knife is not the best tool for prying nails and a clawhammer is not the best tool for getting in to packages.

Curious if the board mentions anything about a recoil shock engine. I suspect it has one incorporated into it.

Looking at the clear receiver AA-12, it looks like the stock might house the system rear of the gear box along the mid/top of the stock. Battery goes in at the bottom of the stock under the butt plate so that top part isn't for the battery.

Wouldn't make sense not putting one in there w/ all that space available. Would probably have a nice kick to it w/ all that space to house a decently system in there.

03.jpg

Archived