MARUI AA-12 SHOTGUN

chas

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet, i think it having its own thread is perfectly fine. 

Vorpal, could you confirm or deny if any of the parts that are supposed to be metal are? like the sights, outer barrel, and internal frame? i understand that the body is probably ABS, but did it feel solid or hollow?

and one more thing, could you give us a weight estimate? i may have just missed that.

EDIT: i did miss the weight. hyperdouraku said the weight was 4.2kg which is a little over 9 pounds. i gotta get more pumped up. im a *badgeress* when it comes to the weight of my guns. but by the gods, i will own and use the *suitcase* out of one.

gotta rip some one liners out of predators and expendables.

i promise you guys that if i can get one when they come out, i will be the first to take it apart and show you the guts.

It felt very solid and quite back heavy, a little hollow-ish but that's kind of to be expected with the AA-12. Very bulky and heavy though! Kind of uncomfortable to operate the mag release on my first try. Plus with a body so simple and large I couldn't find a "natural" position to hold it in (unlike with an AK where it's pretty defined).  Metal parts felt...metally. Sorry for lame answer but they didn't strike me as awful so that's one thing. Didn't touch anything else :\

But the mag release and bits are metal.

THOUGH, at least on the demo unit the charging handle was not spring loaded. It better be on the release version or else I'll be pretty sad. Ejection port cover looks reaaaaally flat and lame in person.

Here's my album of all the photos I took. Please keep them on Arnies though.

http://imgur.com/a/5Rv2w

although i'm really skeptical, there's talk going around the japanese forums that they are aiming to price it under the next gen recoil series, if so that should be under 400....

That would be golden.

As the Al-blond-haired Thor Said in Avengers2:

"She tried to mess with my mind, fortunately, I - AM- MIGHTY!"

And yes, I will unnecesarily buy one along so many useless guns and a drum =(

EDIT: 

Rob15, thanks for your concern, but I spent a month in Japan and those are awesome guys/gals, supporting them would be a pleasure. You are not helping my already crippled budget :lol:

whoops sorry, since the next gen m4's are around 500ish in japan, I wouldn't say under 400 but in the 400s

still not a bad price for new tech though!

edit: found the tweet in context, https://twitter.com/TM_Airsoft/status/599100919280730112

it will be between the price of a standard aeg and a next gen, so 450-500 is not a bad estimate. Also looking at some of the other posts, the outside will indeed be ABS and not nylon polymer.

I really don't understand what they're going for with a 90rd magazine. It could clearly hold a lot more, and if the gun is 10 shots per second as advertised then that's three seconds of automatic fire, pretty awful for a magazine the size and shape of a brick. It's not like most people are going to be able to carry even four or five of them comfortably, and why even get an AA-12 if you don't intend to spray full-auto from the hip with minimal aiming.

I was planning on buying the gun plus the drum anyways, just trying to figure out what they're thinking. Is this their way of reminding us that a full auto mag-fed shotgun is a poor idea in the real world?

really can't wait to dsg this bad boy!

although on a serious note, is it select fire on just full auto? i know the real one is just auto but that would pose a problem for here in slightly atlas where most cqb sites are single only.

I really don't understand what they're going for with a 90rd magazine. It could clearly hold a lot more, and if the gun is 10 shots per second as advertised then that's three seconds of automatic fire, pretty awful for a magazine the size and shape of a brick. It's not like most people are going to be able to carry even four or five of them comfortably, and why even get an AA-12 if you don't intend to spray full-auto from the hip with minimal aiming.

I was planning on buying the gun plus the drum anyways, just trying to figure out what they're thinking. Is this their way of reminding us that a full auto mag-fed shotgun is a poor idea in the real world?

As not everyone would want more. Its pretty close to the RS as well. Maybe its about reducing the spaming everyone is on about.

And the drum is there for those that do.

Plus mag fed shotguns are amazing.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

I expect tm will make a highcap available as well beyond the drum. If you look at their normal offerings they typically come with a non hicap with the gun(or used to I haven't bought a tm in almost 10 years). But they always offered the option of a hicap mag. I don't think we'll see a ton of other mags out there until someone starts cloning the gun and it becomes popular. But that said I think it will be interesting to see how it works once it's available.

Never mind, just found some better pictures that show the fire selector with semi being between safe and fun, very ready for this now

I must say that it is a bit irritating that the standard mag has only 90 rounds but then like people say it stops the super spam, where as the drum totally doesn't! Plus changing magazines is fun, nothing more boring than Coming back from a game and having the same magazine you went out with

Archived