E&L GBBR AR15

BioRage

BECAUSE ANOTHER AR-15 IS UNDERRATED KIDS.

More pics on their fb, work won't let me hyper link @ Work, IE11 ftl.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.647050808764302.1073741851.359106557558730&type=1

We proudly announce to officialy release our own M4 AR GBB replica which in E&L tradition shares as much similarity with the real item as possible.

E&L AR GBB Forging Edition -- The Most Realistic AR GBBR Ever

Please also see the marvelous features as below:
1. Upper & Lower Receiver?Buffer Tube and Charging Handle Made by Forging + CNC
2. Mil-spec HA Type III Surface Processed Aluminum Parts
3. Steel Bar CNC Bolt Carrier
4. Material Selecting & Processing All the External & Internal Parts just Like the Real Item.
5. Completely Realistic Outer Barrel & Barrel Extension
6.Barrel Extention, Bolt Release, Bolt Carrier, Hammer and Valve Knocker Made by Vacuum quenching process, hugely Enhance the Durability
7. Authentic Size of External Parts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this has been around for a while, sad that the newer pictures show less progress than the ones that came out a while back. Some interesting notes as someone who likes GBB M4s:

- The upper receiver is (seemingly) completely real spec, 1:1. While the correct length upper isn't anything new, what E&L is bringing to the table is here is the ability to use real AR15 upper receivers with absolutely no modification. Prime, Inokatsu, and Viper Tech guns all require varying levels of modification to use real upper receivers.

- Realistic bolt hammer, disconnector, and trigger shape. Viper Tech held this before but their hammer still wasn't very realistic looking. E&L takes the cake by far. The selector I'm 99% sure is real spec (smaller axle diameter than WA spec) and uses the correct spring and detent captured by the pistol grip. Auto sear is the unrealistic WA design. Sad that they couldn't replicate the captured spring that the real one has. If the sear pin is WA spec then the Iron Airsoft auto sear is a good replacement, otherwise if the pin is real spec a real auto sear would fix this. Additionally bolt catch is slimmed down and it seems the firing block is made out of steel too, very nice. Lastly the bolt catch has a tail to stabilize it and prevent wobbling like the VFC and GHK and pins to the lower and not the firing block like normal WAs. This should allow it to use real BAD levers easily.

- One piece outer barrel with proper barrel extension and pin. Doesn't appear to have a bottom cut out, perhaps a decent rear adjust hop up option? Real or 14- flash hider adapter, nothing new but nice.

- Carrier has decent features, fake cotter pin and C Colt stamping but the gas key doesn't have a hole?? Hope they fix this, sad that they went through this much for a realistic replica that can't have a proper length gas tube....

I don't really pay much attention to AKs but it seems E&L has a good track record for a quality replica at a good price, I'm sure the M4 will be the same.

10504977_496396327163085_540707278580926

10339445_499087763560608_685496585112205

1540456_493391000796951_10596797770993121491390_396420350494017_1466406285_o.jpg1966225_415131718622880_66326290_o.jpg

Kinda hoping it's a clone of GHK? 

This has been in development for longer than the GHK so I'm very sure it's not. The heart of any GBB system is the nozzle and magazine synergy so we'll have to see about that. As for basically all the other externals and internals, being forged like a vipertech but having more real steel compatibility makes it a much more appealing option to the realism freak.

Like blobface says, pretty sure you're thinking of BO's various Lonex rebranding expeditions. Plus, why would you want to advertise anything as 'the Systema' of its genre? "This is a Vertu. It's extraordinarily overpriced, poorly-developed and quite old-fashioned - we call it the Systema of mobile phones..."

Not for nothing but, depending on what airsoft lower is used, installing a real gun upper no longer requires permanent modification to the upper itself. Although a still a bit pricey, there are aftermarket parts (for WA system) that are specifically made for this (e.g. an adapter that attaches to the end of an airsoft outer barrel where the airsoft barrel assembly and a WA type hopup chamber can be effectively installed into a real gun upper).

I meant more modification of the lower receiver parts, as that is what most people do to fit a real upper onto the rifle. Of course you can modify the real upper but most people prefer not to do so.

There is no 1:1 scale lower receiver (VFC, Iron Airsoft, Prime, Vipertech) that will interface with a real upper without some degree of modification. Primes have a protrusion that needs to be milled off, otherwise you need to machine a WA style catch to slim it down like the E&L and take some material off the firing block. The vipertech has a slim bolt catch but their unique gas pin firing block requires even more modification to work with a real upper. Even with the Vipertech, you will eventually need to modify the real upper to retail bolt catch functionality.

WA spec barrel extensions fit real uppers normally so there is no need to buy an aftermarket part to use an WA outer barrel in a real upper at all. What E&L has done has made the entire extension and barrel one piece which resembles a real barrel closer.

WA spec barrel extensions fit real uppers normally so there is no need to buy an aftermarket part to use an WA outer barrel in a real upper at all.

Are you sure about this? Not trying to rude as my experiences alone doesn't necessarily make it fact.

I tried using the original WA barrel extension on the real upper and the hop chamber (using a WA Bullseye) would sit too far back into the barrel (I hade the same issue with PRIME and Iron Air). As a result, there was an extreme power change between shots and occasionally wouldn't fire a BB at all. I was told (on Japanese forums) that it was due to the fact that the WA barrel extension needed to sit deeper into the upper, prevented by the fact that there is a "lip" around the WA extension. I was told that if this lip is removed, the face of the hop chamber would sit too far deep causing other problems.

As for the lower, I'm using a PRIME A1 and besides the bolt catch I don't recall making other changes to it? I could be wrong as my recollection is poor (perhaps it was already modified?)...it's also a very old kit so maybe PRIME might have changed things? I'm not sure, but I had to buy a few things to make my real uppers function properly. Perhaps your mileage may vary.

I have 4 Western Arms pattern M4s, two of which have real Noveske MUR-1A's on a Vipertech and Prime Magpul lower.

There have been a small number of changes to prime receivers, the addition of a mock bolt catch hole and the revision to the geometry of the pivot pin. However the protrusion that prevents a real upper has always been there an interfaces with a cutout in the upper. 

c6d0ea645c.jpg

As for the barrel extension, WA/Prime receivers have counterbores on the barrel socket area that houses the lip of the WA style barrel extension. However, since real upper receivers do not have this, when you insert a WA barrel extension into a real upper the lip protrudes out like you mentioned before. To be honest, the real way around this is to counterbore the barrel socket. however there are a variety of hop up units that don't have this issue anymore however a number of rear adjust hop ups like the iron airsoft and even non adjust ones like the Viper Tech aren't sensitive to this issue. 

The guys on the JP forums are correct in regards to removing the lip making it seat too far in, I've tried that myself. However as it stands using a Prime extension on a real MUR the extension is approx. 1mm short of the m4 feed ramp cuts on the lower and functions flawlessly, better than the original Viper Tech upper and Prime MRP that I have in fact.

A guy I know by the name of optic dealer who manufacturers custom barrels and such outlined this when explaining why his barrels are a superior option not just in materials and finish but also dimension wise. He talks about his custom barrel extension which has the proper index pin location and eliminates the problems you mentioned here:

https://opticsdealer.wordpress.com/2014/11/18/op%E3%83%90%E3%83%AC%E3%83%AB%E3%81%A8%E3%81%AF/

Yes, I know OP very well. They made both of my SPR barrels and they both came with their barrel sockets. I guess it must be my hop-up chamber then, as the Bulls Eye is not a rear adjust (it has a front dial)...it had all sorts of problems in real gun uppers until I installed it into the OP barrel. The power levels are now much more consistent (as any liquid charged gun could be I suppose). Also my uppers are relatively old so perhaps that has something to do with it.

My lower most definitely didn't have that protrusion so I apologize about that. I could have sworn that the person at the shop told me it was a PRIME (it does have the smoothed out front pivot pin and opening for the bolt stop), but I suppose it could have been modified by the store (they did re-anodize it upon my request to match my Colt grey upper). I don't know, but I don't see any trace of a protrusion ever existing in that area. My bolt stop and firing block was also made by OP and it looks quite different than the original WA one I had.

I suppose it would be nice if it required zero modifications.

Never heard of E&L before today..... 

E&L = EMEI & Lander Arms I believe

EMEI is a chinese company that makes firearms for Norinco (Norinco is actually more like Cybergun, they rebrand products and is not the actual producer)

Lander Arms is a Japanese airsoft company

Archived