New TRMR X4 Grenade

westywesty84

Hey! 

Been bloody ages since I was last on here! Got this video review of the new TRMR X4 Impact grenade. Looks the same as the current TRMR but the base can take .209, 8mm, 9mm and 12G as well as their new Mag Flash round (Looks like a 12G Blank)

Their going to review the TRMR holster thats in the 'In Use' part of the video this week

• 2 weeks later...

Its an impact grenade like all the others available currently, you throw them "under arm" into rooms like a flashbang, not overarm like a baseball.

Its a standard rule at every UK site that allows BFG's.

Max you are throwing about 10ft onto a concrete/solid floor from waist height.

Not particularly dangerous, (unless loaded with 12 guage shotgun blanks !)

My Dynatec Impact grenade is 500g of steel so the TMRM should be safer to chuck about as Its machined from lightweight aluminium.

Jim.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I was at a site and saw someone overarm a bfg, over a 10fthigh bush that they couldn't clearly see what was on the other side. Stupidest thing I've seen in airsoft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same.

I had to have words with him about that.

I was fairly new at the time, so didnt have the confidence/knowldege to point out to this idiot what an absolute ..... he was.   If I saw it now, I'd give be all over it!  

I'm a site marshal. ;)

And the cheeky sod tried telling me "Nah, it's alright, I was aiming next to the guy."

I'm a site marshal. ;)

And the cheeky sod tried telling me "Nah, it's alright, I was aiming next to the guy."

Oh dear...

Magflash, so bang and light? Here's hoping it is because that'd be cool. But only if they're no louder than 9mm because 12G hurt...

I'd be happier if instead of a magnesium based flash they used a smoke mix to give a big cloud of smoke with a mk5/9mm decibel bang.

Safer way of "killing" a room full of softers.

Jim.

Not an actual smoke grenade but a big puff of smoke as an indicator instead of a flash of magnesium to represent the "grenade" going off, those magflash rounds look like they may cause issues by igniting debris commonly found in derelict buildings, sparks going everywhere.

I may well be worrying too much, depends on how site operators view the noise of a 12g magflash as most won't allow 12g blanks anyway.

9mm is plenty for most people.

Jim.

Just have to be sensible. Use with caution like when deploying a traditional BFG. Just that this is limited to indoor areas with hard floors.

Fair enough, I've seen a couple of incidents with people being idiots with normal BFGs so something that you need to throw rather than role struck me as more risky. So long as people aren't fools than I guess they are safe enough.

As for why they didn't go with magnesium, I would guess because the grenade case is aluminium, burning magnesium plus aluminium is potentially not the best combination. I would imagine it's unlikely to ignite but I would also guess they don't want to run the risk.

I think I've played at the Mall maybe ~8 times now.  Out of those 8, bits of it have been set on fire twice.  25% isn't a great stat in that regard.

I think a lot of its' down to their use of hessian screening (which is obviously just ideal tinder) but it's an indication of how flammable the dust, debris and detritus in old buildings can be.  Don't reckon these magnesium cartridges will be allowed in many places.  Though on the other hand a lot of CQB sites are all rock/concrete and absolutely saturated with damp, so they might be alright.

Seeing as how the majority of lads on here are UK based...I've yet to see these available here in the states and have been looking for quite some time if anyone knows of where they can be obtained.

As far as I know BFG'S in general fall foul of BATFE issues as they need approval from them and they question the issue of live rounds in one.

I know the guys redoing the dynamic are looking for us importers. Though

As far as I know BFG'S in general fall foul of BATFE issues as they need approval from them and they question the issue of live rounds in one.

I know the guys redoing the dynamic are looking for us importers. Though

Fortunately the TRMR line should be exempt since they don't ship with live explosives/munitions. They're just metal objects till loaded by the end user. Gonna have to ask someone in the UK to get me some.

ETA: just ordered 5,000 209 primers off midwayusa. With shipping and hazmat fees they're less than 3 cents a bang. Also ordered a 209 primer starter pistol for some active shooter training we're doing here. Just. Need. TRMRs.

Archived