WE Mauser C96

Inspector

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just another gun. They've named it as being part of a "Classic Pistol" series. Here's hoping for Type 14 that isn't $198. The stock in their pics, assuming they're also making it, is a Chinese type though with the European stocks being slightly different in shape.

More on the M712 though, judging by the mag and part of the bolt it looks very different from both the Marushin and KWC/Tercel design. Actually, even the KWC and Tercel differ from the original Marushin internally, but they all share the same mag. WE looks like it may possibly have a bolt hold open device put in, but that's just me speculating.

I think it more likely that they would stick to what they know.

I wouldn't expect a revolver or other nbb from WE,But considering most service pistols operate in similar principles, WE will have more then enough models to choose for their CP line. Who knows, they might even do less popular models like Nambu's.

Hmmm, could be interesting. If they end up making the short mags to go with it, I may have to redo my Han Solo cqb gear. Add in a Sterling, and I'm golden. I'm totally cool with them doing all sorts of other classic pistols as well. Colt Peacemaker? Do it!  Inglis Hi Power? Bet your biscuits!

They did mention that short mags are in the works. Me, I spent an awful 6-8 hours cutting one of my Tercel mags in half because I didn't want to fork over $57 for a Marushin. As happy as I am with my KWC I could still see myself picking up one of these for all the wrong things I want to do with it.

Archived