WE Mauser C96

Inspector

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most likely just Wishful thinking....

Well, hey, at least Cybergun has not trademarked "M4" yet!

From their website:

"COLT, and the RAMPANT COLT logo are registered trademarks of NEW COLT HOLDING CORP., USA, "M4" is a registered trademark of COLT DEFENSE LLC, USA. Trademarks are used under exclusive worldwide license from NCHC for SOFTAIR® by CYBERGUN S.A., FRANCE."

Kalashnikov Concern "PL-14"

1454788_1092971124064094_566840494367852

11403325_1092971094064097_43417271937144

Everything I want in a pistol is pretty much there, right up there on my list of pistols next to the M&P.

Low bore axis (super biggie personally, don't like much of anything besides M&P and CZ's because of this), polymer lower frame, interchangeable backstrap, ambi controls, and looks like comparable ergo to the M&P.

Plus, looks mean.

I NEED this.

Pretty sure a couple of companies would be interested in producing this.

To bring this closer to the original topic, WE could use this as an opportunity to update a few designs, a heavily updated 1911 would be nice, re-work the Lugar series so they don't wear out and go full auto, a new brownimg HP that has proper hop up and normal sights. After that, they could do a Nambu type 14 if they want to re-work or clone an existing replica. It also depends what they think of as a "classic pistol" do they mean up to the end of WW2 or does Cold War stuff count? If it's just up to WW2 then they have options like the Astra 400 and 600, welrod if they're feeling adventurous, berreta m1934 (again, there's an existing replica to copy). If they want to include Cold War then a Stechkin APS would be lovely and tie in with the Makarov (sort of, since they went for the PMM).

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't marushin manufacture an automag? It's been probably 5-8 years...but you might want to see if you can find a used one. If memory serves it even came in black and stainless.

Yes, they did. The NBB version was even cloned by Wa Shan, in 8mm to boot (it goes 400 fps on the standard 8mms, which is... enough to go through a cow, I think). I've seen it at one of the HK webshops a few years ago.

Archived