Tragic deaths in France linked to Airsoft

Dentonboy

Wonder why they ain't blaming cars for that church-massacre in the US, hey, cmon, he had a car and he even drove it, maybe even to the church... !!!

Just imagine if he had an airsoft gun.

Mainstream media is not "news" anymore, it's there only to blame someone/anyone and take sale-profits from shock value.

We had several staff members killed over a couple of years whilst working with energetic materials (yup, that's what they rebranded explosives as) at one of our sites, and they were experienced professionals. Amateurs *fruitcage* with that kind of stuff? That's gonna go real bad, real quick. 

Some kids kill themselves while playing with potentially hazardous materials? Who would of thought that?

I bet little Jimmy's (or Jacques) bomb building was unknown to the parents, who where probably as out of it as the kids were.

My dark sense of humour smirked at 'energetic materials'.

Please don't take that as an insult :)

No insult taken chap. MoD and the various other defence organisations i've worked for over the years had an annoying habit of carrying out stupid renaming exercises regularly - and we took the just as much as anyone else would. 

I guess these days we are too materialistic to enjoy simply being alive.

People even get hysterical if their phone takes half a second to swipe "insert direction here" instead of doing it instantly.

But let us not forget, protecting a person from it's own stupidity is next to impossible.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about that; in the UK, we have "trespassing on the railways" and fences around all railway lines.

still won't stop them climbing over it, unless you put some nice voltage on it, but that makes it dangerous, so you will have to fence that fence... .

We even had a case of a kid who got hit by a train after climbing the fence.

The next day his friends did the same thing to check out the place where he died.

To me it's tax money wasted.

Archived