XM-26 Shotgun System

chas

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That thing definitely fights for a spot of THE most ugly gun, ever.

Obviously, no information what it runs on, my bet, gas. Here's hoping multi-shot system.

Big points for making something different but sadly a bit small market.

As it's PPS, i'd put cash on it being the self-contained shell system they already use in their Remy 870's.

That thing definitely fights for a spot of THE most ugly gun, ever.

Obviously, no information what it runs on, my bet, gas. Here's hoping multi-shot system.

Big points for making something different but sadly a bit small market.

Different sources have quoted PPS in saying that it will eject shells, so most likely gas-in-shell like the PPS M870.

I agree it is ugly, but Im going to buy one if it's affordable.

Interesting they would go to the bother of making one of those.  Whilst useful in the real world, a bit pointless in airsoft.

G&P makes a Masterkey kit for their single shot 870. Talk about useless. And they sell it for 190$. People will buy it.

A guy on another forum adapted a trishot to his SCAR (mind how hard it must be to lad that) and he said he used it quite effectively in CQB.

At least with the G&P you have a considerable number of high power shots in relative quick succession.  The 870 is low profile and doesn't add any extra length and not much bulk. XM-26 is monstrous, bolt action with limited ammo capacity, pick up shells e.t.c. Really not intended for engaging live targets. The only reason to have one would be for the look of completing an impression imo.

Interesting they would go to the bother of making one of those.  Whilst useful in the real world, a bit pointless in airsoft.

At least with the G&P you have a considerable number of high power shots in relative quick succession.  The 870 is low profile and doesn't add any extra length and not much bulk. XM-26 is monstrous, bolt action with limited ammo capacity, pick up shells e.t.c. Really not intended for engaging live targets. The only reason to have one would be for the look of completing an impression imo.

Oh ye of little faith- people have been making pump-action shell-ejecting shotguns work quite effectively in CQB for years. If this ends up using shells, it'll be the first magazine-fed shell-ejecting shotgun. Bolt action might be a little awkward but shouldn't be any slower than pump. I can definitely see that being handy for close quarters.

At the very least, it'll certainly be more useful than the M203 I've currently got strapped to my M16A3.

While I'm not entirely thrilled by this (as much as I've planned on making one in the past) it does show that PPS is willing to make the less practical/more wonky guns because some people want it and will buy it. Here's to hoping they also explore making a Street Sweeper or maybe a Crye SIX12.

G&P makes a Masterkey kit for their single shot 870. Talk about useless. And they sell it for 190$. People will buy it.

Ive made few masterkeys over the years. Considoring it works "quite like a sniper" rather than a shotgun, why not make it one? ;) So i did. Underslung 3J sniper, ready to hit those targets where the main cant reach. 

Stupidly "wrong" but VERY effective skirmisher. 

The best masterkey I have ever seen is the Idaho entry gun.

Unfortunately it never made production, it was an under-barrel, pump, mag fed shotgun fired by the finger of your off-hand.

You could fire both guns and operate the action of the shotgun without changing your grip.

Perfect.

I would imagine people will buy this for the same reasons they typicaly but UGLs, intimidation and novelty. Will it be horribly front heavy and ungainly to use? Of course but if that was something that actually stopped anyone from buying something nobody would have an M203, M320, GP-25, etc. it's also unusual which people like. Probaby what you will see are DIY shell catchers. For practicalities sake the six12 would be better since it's more compact and doesn't eject the expensive shells on the floor, maybe they'll make one of those too?

Edited for derpy phone auto correct.

Whaaaat!?!?!?!?

Is that the full price, with the typical discount for preorders, or just a downpayment to preorder, but then the full price is much higher?

160$ seems so cheap for a new design, which is pretty obscure too.

Archived