XM-26 Shotgun System

chas

Whaaaat!?!?!?!?

Is that the full price, with the typical discount for preorders, or just a downpayment to preorder, but then the full price is much higher?

160$ seems so cheap for a new design, which is pretty obscure too.

whoops, i didnt read the little blue button which does say preorder however it still stands that the standard non-preorder will be around 24k yen tax inclusive (about 196usd)

http://hakurai-armory.jp/SHOP/71.html

another store with. (also preorder pricing)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither store shows any shells or gas intake. Couple that with the strangely cheap price and I thought this would be a single shot.

But I decided to google translate the text in one of the web sites and it seems like we're gonna be OK:

TANAKA / PPS / SuperShooter made ??gas cartridge support
The retrofit possible to M4A1 carbine by removing the stock assembly
( By M4 carbine manufacturer
There is a case where some of the processing is required .

Also there when the gas leak out of the shot shell ?
But it will be delivered after Chek
Repair yourself , adjustable way , it will result in a toward commodity

tbh the m26 looks weird enough to just want to skirmish by itself and the price isn't making it harder to say no either. magazine fed shotgun is definitely a win.

btw, the other site says a release date in september, exactly when is not noted. more notably it doesn't seem like the gun comes with any shells at all which will definitely add to the cost.

If I remember rightly the goblin shells work in most of the guns using the madbull shells

That they do.

Hey, have you guys done this personally or just heard about it somewhere? I've been scouring the Internet trying to find for certain whether they're compatible or not and I keep getting conflicting information. At the very least, the Goblins' rims seem a lot wider than the Madbull ones. If I could just find a picture or video of someone loading a Goblin in a Tanaka then this'd be resolved.

The idea of a magazine-fed shotgun firing Goblin shells has me close to salivating.

Not a Tanaka, but the old Gana Tan by Elfin Knights used Tanaka shells. Then they were cloned as the Goblin and released their own shell design, at least internally. Externally they both go in, but you can't shoot the Goblin shells in a gun with an inner barrel. Only real problem with the Goblins is that with CO2 they tend to spew out their o-rings along with the bbs and even the company warns against this hence why they also sell replacements.

Dammit if that thing isn't the greatest looking garden plinker I've ever seen.

If it's built even half-way decent then it's very tempting indeed.  Also, with this release seemingly coming out of nowhere, it does make you wonder how so many other manufacturers stay so stagnant for decades at a time yet a small company can just suddenly spring up a brand new model like this so unexpectedly.

Be interested to know if it takes RS stocks and pistol grips too.  Honestly this is the sort of thing I could do with not knowing about because it looks stupid fun and frivolous and can potentially end up taking away money from the proper gear and gun projects I've got going on that are actually gonna be useful for skirmishing.  Though if a shell catcher did appear the stand alone model would be a bloody nice CQB primary.

Not a Tanaka, but the old Gana Tan by Elfin Knights used Tanaka shells. Then they were cloned as the Goblin and released their own shell design, at least internally. Externally they both go in, but you can't shoot the Goblin shells in a gun with an inner barrel. Only real problem with the Goblins is that with CO2 they tend to spew out their o-rings along with the bbs and even the company warns against this hence why they also sell replacements.

I have a bunch of the Goblins for my Denix conversion and I really like them, but my concern is that the rims on the Goblins seem, judging by pictures, to be a lot wider than the Tanakas/Madbulls. I could see a wider rim not being a problem on a single-shot breechloader, but it could prevent them from working in a magazine-fed bolt-action. Like I said, what I really want to see is someone feeding a Goblin into one of the Tanaka or PPS pump-actions, which should clear things up.

If it's built even half-way decent then it's very tempting indeed. Also, with this release seemingly coming out of nowhere, it does make you wonder how so many other manufacturers stay so stagnant for decades at a time yet a small company can just suddenly spring up a brand new model like this so unexpectedly.

Be interested to know if it takes RS stocks and pistol grips too. Honestly this is the sort of thing I could do with not knowing about because it looks stupid fun and frivolous and can potentially end up taking away money from the proper gear and gun projects I've got going on that are actually gonna be useful for skirmishing. Though if a shell catcher did appear the stand alone model would be a bloody nice CQB primary.

I would imagine most shell catchers would work. I bet the aps 870 one would work.

If it's built even half-way decent then it's very tempting indeed.  Also, with this release seemingly coming out of nowhere, it does make you wonder how so many other manufacturers stay so stagnant for decades at a time yet a small company can just suddenly spring up a brand new model like this so unexpectedly.

Be interested to know if it takes RS stocks and pistol grips too.  Honestly this is the sort of thing I could do with not knowing about because it looks stupid fun and frivolous and can potentially end up taking away money from the proper gear and gun projects I've got going on that are actually gonna be useful for skirmishing.  Though if a shell catcher did appear the stand alone model would be a bloody nice CQB primary.

Sheesh, yes, swapping around grip/stock... I bet plugging an M16 'Sniper' style stock on this would make it eerily futuristic-looking for some scifi projects...

I have a bunch of the Goblins for my Denix conversion and I really like them, but my concern is that the rims on the Goblins seem, judging by pictures, to be a lot wider than the Tanakas/Madbulls. I could see a wider rim not being a problem on a single-shot breechloader, but it could prevent them from working in a magazine-fed bolt-action. Like I said, what I really want to see is someone feeding a Goblin into one of the Tanaka or PPS pump-actions, which should clear things up.

How easy was the denix conversion? I want an over under something fierce and I think a denix exists, if it doesn't I'm sure a cheap nasty shotgun box could be built using the denix internals as a guide.

As for this there could be so many cool as he'll guns built off this design. What are the odds the actual internals could become other shotguns I wonder.

How easy was the denix conversion? I want an over under something fierce and I think a denix exists, if it doesn't I'm sure a cheap nasty shotgun box could be built using the denix internals as a guide.

As for this there could be so many cool as he'll guns built off this design. What are the odds the actual internals could become other shotguns I wonder.

Not easy, lots of grinding, lots of custom parts. Absolutely not worth it if you intend to fabricate any substantial portion yourself, and I don't think Denix makes an over-under.

Archived