WE Airsoft is looking for ideas

Mike_West

WE Airsoft announced on their Facebook page that they're looking for new ideas:

https://www.facebook.com/weairsoft/posts/1061969193827188

I couldn't resist and shot them an e-mail. You're either gonna love me or hate me for it, but hey, three of them are pretty much a formality for WE.

Subject: Five easy pieces

So, piece one, cosmetic adjustments: post-War Browning HP. All it needs for a start is a new slide with more conventional rear sight. The Tanaka Mk3 was popular enough to warrant considering, particularly after True Detective Season 2, where one of the protagonists had a HP.

Piece two, more cosmetic adjustments: GBB SCAR-H SSR. The fact that you clicked "Like" under my comment about such thing might hint you're working on this one. Am I right? ;)

Piece three, still cosmetic: GBB SL8. Milspec full-length G36 barrel instead of a civilian one would be even better.

Piece four, some engineering required: GBB G3 rifle. Get the basics in place (Apache firing mechanism, new nozzle and magazine), and that's a very nice start for a GBB PSG-1, which is most certainly going to be a huge hit.

Piece five, out there: GBB FN FAL. FAL is kinda neglected in the airsoft world, with only two manufacturers making AEGs, so why not up the ante a bit and make a GBB?

Regards,
Mike

Right now, I've received a reply that yes, they got my e-mail and will pass it on to the R&D department. Not sure if they will and they haven't even addressed my remark about the SSR.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opinions and *albartrotheth* come to mind. Would rather trust WE than VFC and I would like one. Admittedly stuff like a FAL, G3 and "proper" HP would be more fun but I could see them shifting a fair few 417s.

Maybe an upgrade to their CO2 mags as supposedly they're not great.

A refresh on the 1911 range, and more officers and subcompact models would be great. Extended mags for them also

That too, although leaving all those schmucks who bought their abysmal original 1911s in the cold would be rude.

Even if they completely redesigned their M4 line already.

Updated the Hi-Power, make more models.

Bring out some new pistols like the Steyr M9A1 or some classics like the Walther P5.

Improve the current crop of guns so that they are all up to the same standard and not a shoot for some models.

Kinda obvious really, we have many of the common pistols out there now, just need to look at less common ones.

'FireKnife'

GBBR AUG para. And I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned a Pulse Rifle. They've got a Thompson in the works already, and they've claimed many years ago that they had in fact be working on a semi shotgun. And an SL8 with short mags would be sweet and hopefully has cheap as their G36 series than ran for about $200 USD.

Maybe a poll could be set up with 50 different guns. Everyone chooses their top five. We tally up and the five most liked get made. And it's actually nice, that a company is willing to try and make what we as the consumers ask for. I don't remember the last time an airsoft company did this.

PP-19 Vityaz?

That's the one.

As for a poll.  The result will be probably be 'OK, guys.  You've made it clear you want a Desert Eagle that takes CO2 magazines.  However, what we're going to make next is a tan Glock 17 with a few slide cuts'

As for a poll.  The result will be probably be 'OK, guys.  You've made it clear you want a Desert Eagle that takes CO2 magazines.  However, what we're going to make next is a tan Glock 17 with a few slide cuts'

But there's just not enough companies delving into the finer points of Glock elitism! Where would we be if we couldn't choose from 130-something different triggers and 60-something slides for our porridge gun?

Archived